Highest single target DPS assuming capped damage and recharge?

nihilii

I'll throw out an out of the box suggestion: 

Sonic Corruptor. -res combined with Scourge could be tasty. 

If you're shooting for something like a Pylon test or an AV fight where you have a large pool of HP to whittle down, a Sonic Blast Corruptor would exponentially increase its DPS as the health bar of what you're beating on goes down. 

-res on every attack combined with a chance to crit that increases the lower the health of the target should lead to some pretty crazy DPS numbers. 

It will start slower than other things, but toward the end of the fight it would ramp up pretty fast. 

From what I have seen of some blazing fast pylon runs, given the conditions listed of the thread, I imagine it'll be a pet class like a mastermind. Maybe the capped damage doesn't extend to the pets? Either way the capped recharge should help a lot in stacked cold domination debuffs to shred resistance/def/regen to let the primary eviscerate the single target. 

In terms melee/ranged ATs, that's a lot tougher. I'd probably give it to fire melee scrapper since it's DoTs would radically do high damage from being capped dmg and a lot of the set having generally high dpa attacks with no gimmick added eating into rotation time. It'd be super boring after awhile just cycling through GFS, Incin, Cremate, and Snipe though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ratch_ said:

From what I have seen of some blazing fast pylon runs, given the conditions listed of the thread, I imagine it'll be a pet class like a mastermind. Maybe the capped damage doesn't extend to the pets? Either way the capped recharge should help a lot in stacked cold domination debuffs to shred resistance/def/regen to let the primary eviscerate the single target. 

Pet classes have a big unearned benefit in pylon runs specifically, which is that the level deficit of pets doesn't apply to Pylons (which are always even-level to everyone).  It's similar to, but much more dramatic than, the overperformance of -res procs (and -res in general) in Pylon runs.

So it would be similar for this: if you talked about an "everything-capped" run against a pylon, then pets classes would do amazingly.  If you talked about everything-capped stuff against a +3 opponent, then pets classes would have much less of an advantage.

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, DyingLegacy said:

Eerrrrm, but bio armor mang.  It’s great and all, I have one.  Titan weapon bio armor scrapper full t4.  Can’t imagine what it was like before Titan weapon got toned down cause it’s bonkers now. But bio armor.  Let’s use something else lol

It absolutely isn't the current iteration of TW/BIO. And it wasn't the one before the nerf either. I was pulling low :50s pre-nerf TW/BIO. Ratch and I are pulling low minute times post-nerf with it. It wasn't and isn't TW/BIO. TW is in a really good place right now, but it sure isn't top dog for melee DPS. I can state that with 100% confidence.

I've done runs with my Crab under :30s with Lore (Banished Pantheon) out. A Thugs/Cold MM with Heat Loss summoning two Gang Wars with T4 BP would drop a pylon faster than that I am guessing.

I'm with @Ratch_. Fpr melee, I'm guessing a FM/Bio/Snipe damage and recharge capped would drop it in less than 40-50s. I got runs under a minute with no outside buffs with my FM/BIO/Snipe scrapper on brainstorm.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Like 1

Since we're assuming outside buffs to keep the whole fight at damage cap and recharge cap, does stone then out DMG bio with brimstone vs w/e that power is called in bio that gives tox DMG? I know brimstone can crit , not sure how the base DMG values of those abilities compare though 

Brimstone doesn't accept +dmg buffs. It just either crits (scrapper/stalker), gets a specifically-written +dmg that aligns with Fury (Brute), or just does its base dmg (Tanker, Sentinel) without a specific buff.

The -Res in /Bio would still push it ahead though.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.