Your Nemesis

Ultimo

The more detail we are able to give a custom nemesis, the better, but honestly, I'd be content to see them just appear at random in missions.  That is, you design the nemesis (similar to how they're designed in AE), and the game just attaches that character's attributes to your character's file.  Then when a boss is needed on a mission, the game could randomly pick a nemesis from one of the characters in the mission.  Instead of a generic Council Galaxy Adjutant, you're taking on an actual unique villain.  It would just give missions a bit of variety, a surprise here and there, and some extra enjoyment for the person whose nemesis appears.

They might even just restrict them to tip and radio missions.  Clearly, missions that have specific enemies already should not have any possibility of a nemesis appearing.

Again, AE is fine if all I want is to fight the same foe in the same way all the time.  There's nothing terribly engaging about it if you know what's going on, because you WROTE the story.  Plus, there's no chance I'll bump into someone ELSE'S nemesis in an AE mission.

Sometimes the most fun had in the shows and films is when a hero finds himself facing off with an ALLY'S enemy.

On 2/23/2023 at 3:38 PM, kito said:

I don't see why the AE has to be an AE? One mish our SG did once had us go into a ae in ff (we pretended it was an office building).  We did a rp with a few npc toons and went into the AE mish where we found a name and location in the city.  From there we had to search steel canyon for a different player npc who gave us a different AE code to play.

That works great for roleplaying groups.  Doesn't work at all for the rest of us, for the majority of the players.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

56 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

That works great for roleplaying groups.  Doesn't work at all for the rest of us, for the majority of the players.

You have no imagination? If they don't appear at random in paper mish or outher mish there is no way for you to have an nemasis? And again if your not rping what does a nemasis matter? It the same as everything else in the game hit it till it falls down.

I've always loved the idea of nemesis. Custom generated content (inc. Nemesis) is one thing AI promises.

What's especially cool about nemesis is that even if a troll makes some derpy looking toon, with the intention of making something silly, comic books have already proved that villains can look daft.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 2/23/2023 at 6:41 AM, BrandX said:

I have a Nemesis!  She goes by Silver Mantis 😛

Right? Seriously, fuck Silver Mantis! XD Those defense debuffs on her spikes are such a pain in the ass, because the floor-spikes are auto-hit!