Will we EVER see Wind Control ?

Heatstroke

Perhaps they are waiting to learn the actual Name of the Wind  in the 3rd book in the king killer chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss...in which case it will never happen ! 

FYI Great books to read. if you can take an incomplete series.... The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear...  but it has been 12 years since the Wise Man's Fear........and we are waiting on the final book of the trilogy. 

• 2 months later
  • 1 month later
  • 1 month later

I've never seen someone try so hard to not show a powerset in a video about the new powerset. Literally 15 minutes in and he's still running around just using the attacks from the other powerset. The sound is cranked so high at times I can't hear him.

• Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

To answer the question of the topic's name;

Unknown. Wind Control was not a finished powerset in the files.

If it is done it will be done the HC way rather than copying another server.

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Plus if it is ever developed, during Beta everyone will complain about the KNOCKBACK of giant gusts of wind in interior spaces and how it ruins the set.  They will be demand that it be changed to knockdown or more preferably removed completely.  Just look at the posts that went on during Storm Blast and say that isnt exactly what would happen and thereby ruin a seemingly unique power set.

FYI I played it on Thunderspy, it can be fun.   would roll one on HC is it ever came about.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Couldn't watch all of that but things I noted:

The sound FX are awful - made my ears cringe

Whichever server he's playing on his Goldside has more players than HC; 1>0

Level 3 Power:

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!

On 2/21/2023 at 11:41 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

They do, the folks over at Rebirth have had this set out for about a year now. They had to get creative with the animations but from my understanding it wasn't any more of a leap than using Talons of Vengeance powers for Symphonic Control.

I think that might be part of the reasoning to NOT focus on getting a working set out of it, "it's already been done over there and we're not trying to copy anything, so we're going to do our own thing over here."

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

It would be nice to pair Wind/kin due to the stacking -dmg.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

34 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I think that might be part of the reasoning to NOT focus on getting a working set out of it, "it's already been done over there and we're not trying to copy anything, so we're going to do our own thing over here."

I would think that since Wind was at least partly in the code at shutdown, the stance of "individual lanes of creation" wouldn't apply.  I honestly don't like that concept as a whole as is tantamount to simply giving up when it makes total sense to implement (synergy, comic booky, fun).  Thunderspy wasn't the only one that put in Wind Control, one of the others (maybe Unity) also had it sort of up and running (it was super broken though).  Now if there was like unique art (like the Knights MM power set on Thunderspy) then I agree with not copying someone elses work there.

47 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

The sound FX are awful - made my ears cringe

Yeah, but that can be altered.  Then again that didn't stop the from deploying Symphonic (Symphony) Control with terrible sounds instead of sounds that were symphonic.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 2/21/2023 at 10:48 PM, Heatstroke said:

asking for a friend. 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

10 hours ago, Sykar said:

Well look at that, Thunderspy has Wind Control:

What the OP is that?!

An OP pet at level 2?

Yeah, hard pass on that.

• Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Yeah, but that can be altered.  Then again that didn't stop the from deploying Symphonic (Symphony) Control with terrible sounds instead of sounds that were symphonic.

Just because it can, does not mean it will. I remember on live there was a furore regarding a powers sound FX and that took a while to fix (working from memory is that Elec Control?)

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!

Homecoming doesnt do things because another server did them.  HC also doesnt not do things because of other servers.  I dont think wind control is in the pipeline right now and another server having it will have nothing to do with if or when HC does it.

I would like to see it,  i even offered up some animation recycling possibilities in another thread for some of the powers.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Just because it can, does not mean it will.

Truth