Regen: A Journey

Gobbledygook

This last weekend while I wasn't able to get much done in game due to real life stuff, I did finally get to do Posi and Synapse. Great fun was had by all, minimal deaths, mostly mine on the Posi. Didn't realize the large amount of -rech that early in the game. Vahz and CoT both di there fair share, as well as the bosses from the Lost and their psychic powers.

On the Synapse things ran much smoother, except for the end drain.

With buffs from teammates, I was one of the more durable melee toons, but there was no stopping that -rech.

Will update during the weekend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Citadel and Manticore ran today, both were at +1, probably a total of 6 deaths between the two.

I was the only Brute/Tank on the Citadel, had no issues tanking Vandal.

On Manti there was a /FA Tank. Oddly enough, I had no issues stripping him of aggro.

I think he died just as much as I did. When Countess Crey showed up, the team took her out while I tanked Hopkins solo. Couldn't budge his health, but between MoG, (which I hate), IH and Reconstruction, I had no issues.

Sitting at 4 now, still have Pen Yin, Numina to do to get accolade.

I think I may deviate from @Sir Myshkin's build that he provided for up to 30, and make my own.

I eagerly await your crest to 50! When you were around 25 I was intrigued enough after doing that build to roll one of these with the intention of doing as much under IO enhancement as possible (exact opposite approach), which has had me pushing to get him aggressively leveled over focusing so much on content performance so I can go backwards and play under better managed slot use. Right now mine is at 46.75, same power selection premise with his build 90% slotted. Once he hits 50 he’ll get catalysed and one set of purples before I go backwards and start running synapse and up at max potential.

• Like 1

I placated my wife and was able to get more play time.

/handwave "Honey, why don't you go get a mani/pedi"

I'm 45 now, not to far from 46.

I was running x6, but I was getting murdered a tad to often, so I dropped back down to x5.

I finally did the Midnight arc before I logged off.

I'll probably spend this weekend trying to get to 50.

I'll probably attempt a solo ITF, at even level, of course, once I hit 50, then again after I get tier 4 Incarnates.

6 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

I'll probably attempt a solo ITF, at even level, of course, once I hit 50, then again after I get tier 4 Incarnates.

After your solo attempt, duoing it sounds like fun!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I have a stone/regen brute sitting at 50 with all Incarnates up to the 3rd tier. Stone works as well with regen as I think a set can work - it does good damage, regen helps with the end costs, and I use the knockdown power to mitigate attacks.

Having said that, regen is... not great. I wanted to prove the naysayers wrong with this toon. I cannot. 

Just pinged 50 with a ss/sr brute and the experience is night and day. Super Reflexes at 50 feels almost unfair. With procs to boost HP, end, and res, he is far more effective than my /regen brute with far less management. 

At 50 my /sr brute has over 90% defense debuff resistance, and I believe 60% recharge debuff resistance (have a proc in his travel power to help).

At a fully incarnated 50 my /regen brute has 20% recharge debuff resistance BECAUSE OF A PROC. For a set that relies on recharge and healing, that's a crime. 

A claws/regen scrapper was my first 50 on live (original I know) so it isn't like I haven't tried. Regen needs a serious update. 

Having said that, I hope you are enjoying the journey as much as I've enjoyed reading your posts 😉

TL;DR - nerf regen

• Like 1

23 hours ago, loyalreader said:

I have a stone/regen brute sitting at 50 with all Incarnates up to the 3rd tier. Stone works as well with regen as I think a set can work - it does good damage, regen helps with the end costs, and I use the knockdown power to mitigate attacks.

Having said that, regen is... not great. I wanted to prove the naysayers wrong with this toon. I cannot. 

Just pinged 50 with a ss/sr brute and the experience is night and day. Super Reflexes at 50 feels almost unfair. With procs to boost HP, end, and res, he is far more effective than my /regen brute with far less management. 

At 50 my /sr brute has over 90% defense debuff resistance, and I believe 60% recharge debuff resistance (have a proc in his travel power to help).

At a fully incarnated 50 my /regen brute has 20% recharge debuff resistance BECAUSE OF A PROC. For a set that relies on recharge and healing, that's a crime. 

A claws/regen scrapper was my first 50 on live (original I know) so it isn't like I haven't tried. Regen needs a serious update. 

Having said that, I hope you are enjoying the journey as much as I've enjoyed reading your posts 😉

TL;DR - nerf regen

Hey, Claws/Regen was my first 50 on live too, but that was back when it took lots of players a longer time to get to 50 and it was far from my first.  My Justice-Girl was awesome! 🙂  It was like Wolverine and Captain America had a baby! 😛 

• Like 1

I did hit 50 on mine @Gobbledygook, and have been traveling backwards to hit Task Forces with a fully enhanced build. Waiting to share the details until you've had a chance to hit 50 and collect your own thoughts. I've worked through Posi 1/2, Manticore, Kahn, and a couple of ITF's so far. I did technically do a Moonfire and a Market Crash while leveling with half-complete builds that I probably won't double back on. I definitely already have some very interesting takeaways and have even sat down and looked at a possible secondary build I'm calling "The Barrier Build" that could probably be a Hard Mode contender.

Spring break hit, we had some issues with certain people misbehaving, and then my minions coerced me into taking them to the fair this weekend, so not much play time.

I love my kids, but damn.

My wife is snoring so bad right now that I can't sleep.

May as well get up and see if there are any TF's or mission teams running.

You know what they say, the early bird gets the ding!

Wait, I didn't mean...

You're all perverted...

Edited by Gobbledygook
Syntax error
  • Haha 2

Lvl 48, I have arrived!

Ran some mishes, and boy are my feet tired, hahaha.

/Dadjokeoff

Yeah, anyway, just two levels away from 50. Not too much has changed. I'm going to start the next few days with trying to do the crafting and selling thing, so I can get the IO's I need.

Since I've been mostly focused on leveling, and since I never upgraded my farming toon to be Page 5 compliant, I don't have too much in the way of cash. 

I'm kinda feeling the same way that Loyal Reader is.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

Joined a KM ITF, being led by none other than grumpy @Snarky one.

Loved your Bio, btw.

I hit 50, and will IO'ing him out tomorrow.

I will post the build once complete. 

Glad you had fun.  Was a good run.  Stayed together and the kill zone sizzled.  Even Cyclops and Minotaurs just melted.

For those curious about the bio but not curious enough to run around trying to find an old vampire...

"Yes, a real vampire.  No, not like the Council.  They make those things in test tubes. No, I do not glitter.  No, I do not want to go to High School and start a social life. Go away."

A good bio can be right to the point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

"Yes, a real vampire.  No, not like the Council.  They make those things in test tubes. No, I do not glitter.  No, I do not want to go to High School and start a social life. Go away."

I am still left pondering the most important of questions though.

Spoiler

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman? - Froze GIF - Frozen Anna Do You Wanna Build  A Snowman - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3

Someone was kind enough to donate some Inf, so I jumped on this morning and ran some tests.

Lvl 50 PI Scanner mishes.

With generic IO's, levels varying from 30 to 40, I was able to handle mishes against the CoT fairly well, At +0/4.

My current stats are:

Regen: 39.66 HP/s

Regen with DP: 61.99 HP/s

Regen with DP and IH: 144.02 HP/s

S/L Residtance: 32.36

S/L/M Defense: 15.28

Once I bumped up to +5, it became a little more challenging. There were a couple times where my regen was absolutely floored.

At +6, It became a chore. I survived, but just barely.

At this point, I decided to bump the level up, and drop the team size down to +4.

So at +1/x4, I went in to another CoT cave, and experienced my first death of the day.

After running back from the Hosp, I took revenge against those who had murdered me.

About half way through the mission, I died again, and remembered I had Revive.

I have to admit, standing up in front of them and being able to fight back does feel good. Most of my other toons don't have a revive power.

After two more deaths, I decided to report these findings.

To be clear, I do not have my Incarnate powers, and I know for a fact that they will make surviving much easier.

I will now finish out my IO set build, which I'm sure will do much better, possibly even be able to handle 0/8 or even +1/6.

Also, just to add, yes, I am using Inspirations as needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Snarky said:

Glad you had fun.  Was a good run.  Stayed together and the kill zone sizzled.  Even Cyclops and Minotaurs just melted.

For those curious about the bio but not curious enough to run around trying to find an old vampire...

A good bio can be right to the point.

All the best Vampires come from Vampire: the Masquerade anyways *nod nod*

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BrandX said:

All the best Vampires come from Vampire: the Masquerade anyways *nod nod*

All the worst graduate from law school.

11F5A3B9-C303-40DF-A2F6-4EEED731D70C.webp

• Haha 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

9 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

To be clear, I do not have my Incarnate powers, and I know for a fact that they will make surviving much easier.

I will now finish out my IO set build, which I'm sure will do much better, possibly even be able to handle 0/8 or even +1/6.

I’m sure this has been mentioned in many of the regen threads, but have you grabbed the Big 4 accolades along with Demonic Aura?

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

3 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned in many of the regen threads, but have you grabbed the Big 4 accolades along with Demonic Aura?

I'll not be using Demonic, but yes, I have the accolades.

Edit: I'm not getting Demonic because I don't get it on any other toon.

Edited by Gobbledygook
Clarifying

6 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

😎

That was fun!

Some of them I could tell who the inspiration for them was.

Some seemed like you took inspiration from vidoe games, like Dbl Dragon.

And an AV with MoG is almost unfair. I'm just glad he didn't have IH, lol.

• Thanks 1