for a Slytherin - does anything compare to /kin?

honoroit

hello controllers,

As you're all aware, its important for the discerning Slytherin to focus ambition on power. when out and about near Croatoa campus, there's really only one thing for it I'm told...

joseph-taylor-tom-riddle.thumb.jpg.e6dd36812026bf5a0306b4e918cc99e0.jpg

kinetics.

/kin is great, theres skippables for power pools (e.g. intertial reduction).

theres speed boost, fulcrum shift, and siphon speed.

problem: you end up being a /kin more than anything, and tossing out the primary besides what you slip in. in an ever quest to get and keep people at damage cap.

for fire, pets run about, bonfire, and lots of /kin.

so is this something better on mm (undead got improved i heard)? or a corruptor for slipped in nukes (seismic)? or defender for a higher base (leaning no on this last)...?

ive been levelling a elec/elec affin after returning to homecoming, and its ok, pretty good in fact, but the damge boosty skill doesnt seem to stack. that infuriated me!

way i see it, putting a group to cap and providing massive end boost is probably the single greatest function i can play.

so many pack def/res self survivability, well, those of good discernment do... the cold dom ends up a debuffer, the thermal too, the rest is icing.  fulcrum shift really is that good.

i'm not attacking other sets, but i've not seen anything that compares to the rampage enablement of /kin.

so, /kin, where best at?

Id thought probably controller, but am furrowed with doubts, and think maybe mm?

Edited by honoroit
youre wonderous beasts for responding

well, reddit on same topic is going 2 ways with advice - corruptor, or defender if I take sonoc blast.

controller wise, suggestions have been illusion. while the PA remains unbuffable, it does just wonder about killing things while you focus on kin'ing. also couples well with high global recharge bonus needed for pa, and what that means for overlapping fulcrum.

• Like 1

I've done Kin on a defender, corr, and troller and like it best on a corr but it's fine everywhere.

If you're split on deff/corr certainly go corr. I think even the vaunted Kin/Sonic defender is realistically outshone by a Sonic/Kin corr on Homecoming after Sonic got some boosts to damage and changes to how the debuffs stack.

I feel like a kin controller is just a different beast entirely, and fights with itself less than the aforementioned because the focus is more about setup and support than dealing damage. 

Context: Not an expert by any means on the powerset. I don't even sweat to cap everyone's damage all the time. I just sort of play with it and have fun. My favorite corr and my favorite kin are my Beam/Kin corr.

• Like 1

For a Slytherin I'd probably go with Gravity/Dark controller. /Dark certainly fits the theme and it provides a great mix of extra control, buffs and debuffs. Plus, you get to have your own pocket Dementor (Dark Servant). As for Gravity/, it:s just because it feels like the most wizardy powerset available.

Dark/Dark controller could also work for an Auror toon.

If you're dead set on kin, then I'd definitely go with a corruptor, with Elec/ being my fave.

• Like 1

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

While on one hand, i hate it when I see people with the same powers as me, otoh I feel the need to advocated for Mind control here.

Let me put it this way: Mass Hypnosis. Cast that, put the whole group to sleep, then take your time getting your siphon speed/siphon power/fulcrum shift in nearly complete safety. Then follow up with Terrify, then either Mass Comedy ot Total Domination to get the group back under control.

Granted, this doesn't work well in groups, and I beleive corrs/fenders get Mass Hyp if they take the Psi APP, but it's a strat that works well enough for me =)

Edited by EmperorSteele
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Crowcus Pocus said:

If you're dead set on kin

i sorta am.  of a powerset, while having some silly abilities like inertial reduction, I'm not aware of a more impactful contribution to teaming I could bring.

ya theres cold dom, but its always that, plus a /kin (kin/).

dark/dark controller is awesome, its my main controller.

i have a fire/kin corruptor sitting (with stripped enh 😞) at 47, a water/kin at 38.

sonic/kin seems a good match up for 'that's useful!'.

the other option is, 'f it' and roll up an illu/something dominator. ghosty dementor, yes. pa clones, yes (albeit inferior no taunt)...

for me, its more about shifting 100s of millions / billions of inf about and stipping alts to (ideally) avoid farming.

8 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

While on one hand, i hate ot when I see people with the same powers as me, otoh I feel the need to advocated for Mind control here.

Let me put it this way: Mass Hypnosis. Cast that, put the whole group to sleep, then take your time getting your siphon speed/siphon power/fulcrum shift in nearly complete safety. Then follow up with Terrify, then either Mass Comedy ot Total Domination to get the group back under control.

Granted, this doesn't work well in groups, and I beleive corrs/fenders get Mass Hyp if they take the Psi APP, but it's a strat that works well enough for me 😃

mind my fav on domi, and Im a telekinesis fan wheb its at mag 6 autohit pulsey.