Is There a Ranged Heavy Lifesteal Build?

dylliebug

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Before you get too invested in a warshade, please consider whether you are going to go with a human-only, 2-form, or tri-form type of character, as that will heavily influence the direction of said character...

Hmm ill have to do my research then.

Are WS/PB consider weak to people (will people not wanna team with me cause im a warshade)

3 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Many of the Warshade's powers depend on a continuous supply of enemies to keep them operating at full power. They are much weaker than Peacebringers when fighting a single, strong target like an AV if there aren't any bodies around to power them up. However, the WS has a higher peak performance than the PB if they are able to keep feeding off bodies. 

WS's human form doesn't have any mezz protection but PB does. 

WS's built-in travel powers are oriented around teleportation, whereas PB is about flight. You can of course take different travel powers from pools if you want. 

I will invest in flight for travel powers. I think I like warshades more because of the lifesteal potential and I'm going for a hardcore rp experience 

4 minutes ago, dylliebug said:

Are WS/PB consider weak to people (will people not wanna team with me cause im a warshade)

The best fit for your concept is a human-form only, imo. And if you've never played one before, it means less investment in needing extra binds/macros for form and bar switching.

Also, TP is the WS's built-in travel power and it works well if you don't want to dip into an extra pool power just for travel. I use this bind for TPing around: /bind mousechord powexeclocation camera:max teleport

Hold right mouse button, rotate camera to aim, click left mouse button, teleport straight out as far as you can.

Edit: Also, WS's and PB's both benefit most from being on teams; you get buffs based on your teammates' AT's, so you're likely going to want to be teaming.

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

14 minutes ago, dylliebug said:

as i understand it they can be powerful.  they are just incredibly Fing hard to learn to build and run

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, dylliebug said:

I really like Kheldians, but depending upon how you want to play them, and a general shortage of power slots that they can run up against, you'll want to think about what your priorities are.  Nova form is basically a "glass cannon" ranged damage dealer, Dwarf form is your tanker, and both of these forms don't have full access to all your other powers while you're in them.  It's a matter of weighing what each form has to offer and how those powers measure up against the concept you have for how the character and how they will play-out in game...

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, biostem said:

Also - both Nova and Dwarf forms completely replace your character model with a different one, so if your costume & look are important to you, you may want to skip them or only use them in limited ways.

Has anyone tried to use 'costume powers' while in non-human form? I have to admit that I haven't ever tried.

49 minutes ago, tidge said:

Has anyone tried to use 'costume powers' while in non-human form? I have to admit that I haven't ever tried.

Costume powers are toggles, and are suppressed the same way other toggles are. That said...

I was running around doing a TF on my Warshade in my succubus costume the other day. When I hit my dwarf form macros that execute form change, skill and form drop in rapid succession, I would only ever flash to my human form appearance for a split second, if at all. When I just hit a key to switch form alone, I appear in my human form for about 3 seconds, and then the dwarf form appearance overwrites it.

So, if you are comfortable with macro use, and don't plan to sit in any of the WS forms for very long, it is possible, via costume power use, to totally eliminate the alien form visuals.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

19 hours ago, dylliebug said:

You won't have any issues finding either PUG teams or more regular groups to team with on a WS. I'm willing to take a punt and say that in-game, there are more people who DGAF what toon you are playing than there are who insist on specific stuff for general teaming and regular task/strike force teams. Folks who give you a hard time for your AT on a PUG team are probably best avoided anyway.  In general the in-game folks are far more relaxed about "the bestest" than the sub-set that frequents the forums.

Regularly scheduled events should be no trouble either. MSRs, iTrials, Hami Raids. Seen 'Shades and 'Bringers on all of them.

If you're goal is to speedrun 4-Star Hardmode ITFs all day long, then yeah, what gets rolled and brought to the team starts to matter. But that doesn't sound like the goal for this toon, and not every toon needs to be designed for such challenges.

19 hours ago, dylliebug said:

I will invest in flight for travel powers. I think I like warshades more because of the lifesteal potential and I'm going for a hardcore rp experience 

With this as your goal, don't give "Good or Bad AT" a second thought. I've teamed with many 'Shades that could be described as Absolute Units.

My philosophy is that concept and/or interest in a given AT/power combination are King, all other concerns are secondary. If the idea or experiment holds my interest, then I max it the hell out.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

19 hours ago, Snarky said:

cosmic numberwang

Damn, didn’t think I’d find a new name in this thread. 

• Haha 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.