Noble Mettle [Updates]

cranebump

image.png.bcf8720fb19591febe47b11ffb2cc56f.png

image.png.8f78b2250ed726582150924aa6a547d8.png

Design Notes:

• Story is inspired by a wiki chain I somehow dove into, involving chemistry (and I'll leave it at that)
  • Construction: Building this one was "backward," for me. I usually script out Intro/Send Off/End text, as well as clue/objective text ahead of time, then copy-paste them in. This time, I worked with maps/objectives I had in mind, and filled in the narrative around them. It seemed just as efficient and narratively consistent, but I did have to tweak some things in the final draft phase. If you find yourself calling bullshit on anything (i.e., you spot an inconsistency or glaring error), give me a heads up (so I can just ignore it [kidding]).
  • Titles and such: Use of Rose in the title is not a mistake (neither is Mettle), but a play on in-mish stuff (check out the final clue). Individual mission titles are a play on the symbolism of various colors of roses (New beginnings, secrecy, bravery, etc.). Thought about inserting the meanings into the titles, but I doubt anyone cares much about titles (besides me).:-)
  • Level range: was determined by Sky Raider limitations. Thought about allowing other mishes to be higher, but (a) I like a consistent level across arcs, if only because you don't have to switch tactics when you go up/down, and (b) Bosses might be too easy for highers.
  • Initial tests: were with an AR/Tac Arrow blaster who has lots of enhancement sets (though he's by no means maximized). I am now moving on to formal test runs with other ATs, including those with more standard builds (none or few sets; SOs/IOs, etc.). As always, you never know how different ATs will handle everything.
  • The Contact: Use of Agent Six as a contact had to do with premise/intro mish. Was also thinking I might run this as 30-40 (initially).
  • Part 2: At this time, I'm not sure how to get to the ending I've imagined, so I don't expect Part 2 until April, at the earliest. It'll need to simmer a bit.
  • Callbacks: If you ran Ordinary People all the way through, you'll find a callback to a character whose background sorta fits here. That said, I fleshed out his bio, and probably now need to go back and change his bio in OP. Because I just love giving myself extra work.:-)
  • Happiness quotient: No timers. No mish fails. If you have issues with any bosses, stock up on the Insps and head back in. I do not feel sorry for you. (Just joshin' here. I don't think the bosses are especially tough, but that's what formal tests are for. I always assume anyone running SFMA is running exemplared toons who have some oomf to them. As such, my ultimate goal is mainly to ensure it's not a steamroll. On that: I statted out the main group all the way up through EB's, with a minium of 5-6 characters/level. So, it might scale nicely for anyone who loves punishment. Maybe...you tell me.):-)

Cheers all (and thanks in advance),

Crane

P.S. Oh, yeah - thanks to @Kyksie's note on pronouns, I made use of the $himher, etc. in this one. Wish I'd known about that before. Anyway, MUCH appreciated, Kyks.

Minor Spoiler:

Spoiler

Six is on the contacts list, but I could not find her among the critters. Since she runs in a mish with the PC, I had to make a custom suit for her, and, for the life of me, could not find the goggles she wears. Also had trouble getting the costume colors just right. I settled for "pretty close." If anyone knows either what the goggles are, or, better yet, where she is among the enemies list, let me know (I assume she's not even there, but there's a lot of stuff in there I just don't know about).

Edited by cranebump
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Testing notes: ran with a L35 Sent, BR/Regen. Has several IOs slotted and a Sent AT set.  Had to be selective about targeting, and really did need ally toons where they showed up, but survived everything, and somewhat handily, since he was evidently harder to Mez.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• cranebump changed the title to New Heroic Arc (both parts lf feedback)

Part 2 in final draft phase. I know I have a typo or 2 in mish 5 (probably others). Good enough to get some test runs, though, I think.

image.png.ceacaa47d1b3be33101aa73a114f8f89.png

image.png.9214fdc51892c674accd106b7cd6dd39.png

NOTES;

• Lots of customs. 
  • Some maps/map types I just never use.
  • I did some weird sh*t, sorta just 'cuz, but I think it will fit the narrative.:-)

Interested to see:

• How this runs with a group, or at higher settings. Tested with my BR/Regen Sent at max mish level. A few close calls with bosses, but nothing else. I am wondering what happens when you get bigger mobs. Interested in the possible synergies.

Thanks in advance,

Crane

Edited by cranebump
  • Thumbs Up 1

• cranebump changed the title to Noble Mettle [Updates]

After watching @Valeyard's run on twitch, worked on some tweaks:

Spoiler

Arc1:

*Fixed Agent Six's verbiage (...you vector...changed to ...vector you...

Arc 2:

Typos: K'nunzi changed to N'kunzi (opening send off)

Pastarelli mish with "weird talkers" is set to Front, then Middle, but they keep switching places, even though there should be plenty of room for them to appear one after the other. I have one talky patrol in there that might be futzing it up, so I'll look at that (assuming I can find the "invalid ambush" that is making republish with changes impossible atm).

Mish with generator should have 2 of them, rather than 1 (fixing)

Typo: "confirmed" missing an r in C19

Removed stray patrol at beginning (facility should be empty until Suspicious Crate is clicked.

Having an issue with republish. It says I have an invalid ambush, which is weird, since there are no ambushes in Arc2. There are patrols, so one of them has a spawn issue. When I find that, will republish with edits. Hard to locate atm, though (grrrrrrr). I'm going to have to probably pull it down to root out the problem, since the problem isn't flagging with orange text.

The above appears to be fixed

Observations:

The 6-person team showed off what some of the perps can do. Looks like it runs pretty well for teams. Last map is just soooooo huge, but, a team can split up and carnage around it. Since optional allies are there, smaller groups can grab support if they want it. 

Thanks to Valeyard and the people who ran everything. Invaluable input!

Edited by cranebump