Happy Pi day

Yet when you say "could care less", you mean "couldn't care less".

If the value of "care" is at its minimum, then it's not possible for you to care any less.  "Couldn't care less".

If you "could care less" then there's a further possibility for your care factor to be lower, which removes the point of the statement in the first place.

So don't talk to me about pudding ;)

Also, on topic, don't you also call Pizza a pie?  Pies have lids.  Pizzas don't.

Edited by SteelRat70

1 hour ago, SteelRat70 said:

Also, on topic, don't you also call Pizza a pie?  Pies have lids.  Pizzas don't.

Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Potato Pie, Lemon Cream Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate pie, Cheese pie do not have lids. They're all custard based pies (straight up custard pie also doesn't have a lid). Apple pie pretty regularly can have a streusel topping in lieu of a lid too. You also find a lot of peach pies without lids. Strawberry pies too. Honestly, I think lidded strawberry pies are rarer than the lidless type.

Stuffed Pizzas like Chicago Deep Dish have lids.

4 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Potato Pie, Lemon Cream Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate pie, Cheese pie do not have lids. They're all custard based pies (straight up custard pie also doesn't have a lid). Apple pie pretty regularly can have a streusel topping in lieu of a lid too. You also find a lot of peach pies without lids. Strawberry pies too. Honestly, I think lidded strawberry pies are rarer than the lidless type.

Stuffed Pizzas like Chicago Deep Dish have lids.

Not pies.  They're tarts.

2 hours ago, SteelRat70 said:

They're tarts.

You can't call them tarts because they're topless, it's considered politically incorrect.  The world's changing, this ain't the 15th century any more!

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

8 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

Screenshot 2023-03-18 155940.jpg

Put in all the definitions you downloaded on the internet you like, a pie is not a tart.  And pies have lids.  Tarts do not.

also 22/7 is not closer to 3.1416 than 3.14.

Biscuits are things that start hard and go soft when they go stale or when you dunk them in tea.  Dipping a scone in a tea is just wrong on SO many levels.

There is also no such thing as "aluminum".

Pineapple on a pizza is also OK.

(was that last one a step too far?  I have a feeling I may have alienated even my fellow brits with that one)

12 minutes ago, SteelRat70 said:

Put in all the definitions you downloaded on the internet you like, a pie is not a tart.  And pies have lids.  Tarts do not.

also 22/7 is not closer to 3.1416 than 3.14.

22/7 - 3.1416 = 0.001257

3.1416 - 3.14 = 0.0016

The closer number should have the smaller difference, right? (This one is honestly baffling to me, because you're not the first person I've heard say that 3.14 is better than 22/7, and every time I check, 22/7 is closer.)

A pie may not be a tart, but a tart is clearly a pie. So if tart is a subset, it's fully contained within the superset.

Edited by Major_Decoy
For an aside.

Alright.  It probably comes from the general belief that 22/7 is a poor representation of Pi in general.  If you're going to have a date in the calendar that is supposed to represent it, why would you choose one that is typically seen as not very representative.

Sets.  Subsets.  I don't care.  Pie<>tart.  Further a Pie isn't a tart with a lid any more than a tart is a pie without one.  Your definition says that a tart is a pie.  No it isn't.  Pie's have lids.  Tarts don't.

Edited by SteelRat70

On 3/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

slightly tangentally, but this is very relevant and quite enjoyable:

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, SteelRat70 said:

Alright.  It probably comes from the general belief that 22/7 is a poor representation of Pi in general.  If you're going to have a date in the calendar that is supposed to represent it, why would you choose one that is typically seen as not very representative.

Sets.  Subsets.  I don't care.  Pie<>tart.  Further a Pie isn't a tart with a lid any more than a tart is a pie without one.  Your definition says that a tart is a pie.  No it isn't.  Pie's have lids.  Tarts don't.

I see absolutely no reason why I should accept your definition of pie when I don't see anyone else requiring a lid. You just seem to think you're right and decide not to research at all.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 132158.jpg

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2023 at 4:51 AM, SteelRat70 said:

Yet when you say "could care less", you mean "couldn't care less".

If the value of "care" is at its minimum, then it's not possible for you to care any less.  "Couldn't care less".

If you "could care less" then there's a further possibility for your care factor to be lower, which removes the point of the statement in the first place.

So don't talk to me about pudding 😉

What the hell is a lid?  You mean a crust?!?

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

31 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

What the hell is a lid?  You mean a crust?!?

No.  I mean a lid.  If I'd have meant a crust, I'd have said crust.

You're just making it more difficult for yourself.  Don't try so hard.

Lid.  The top bit of a pie.  The bit that makes a pie not a tart.

See.. s'easy.

You'll be trying to tell me next that the rim of a wheel is the whole wheel, not just the the bit that the tyre gets stuck on to.

Imagine that and how we'd laugh!

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

You just seem to think you're right

I'm just right.  Research is therefore unnecessary.

I know what a pie is.  I don't need to look it up on the internet.

Have a look at what the internet says a woman is and see how far you get with your "research".

See how that works?

3 minutes ago, SteelRat70 said:

No.  I mean a lid.  If I'd have meant a crust, I'd have said crust.

You're just making it more difficult for yourself.  Don't try so hard.

Lid.  The top bit of a pie.  The bit that makes a pie not a tart.

You joke, but it is disassociations like this that are ruinous for me.  

Is the lid the part of the pie that was browned, or is it the part that is made of dough, or is it the top few layers of whatever molecules are on top?

Who run Bartertown?