Sentinel Fire Mastery- Cremate KU

13 minutes ago, Gobbledigook said:

I noticed that Cremate in the epic Fire Mastery pool does not do Knock up like other newer versions. Is this an oversight?

There are some variations in how epic powers work.  For instance, in fire blast, blasters get "blaze", which is a high damage single target attack, but sentinels get blazing blast, which has a repel effect added.  Similarly, in ice blast, instead of freeze ray, sentinels get chilling ray, that replaces the hold with a sleep.  Tanker arctic breath gets a -res component, but the sentinel version does not.  In short, there is a precedent for epic powers differing from their other counterparts...

Edited by biostem

2 hours ago, biostem said:

There are some variations in how epic powers work.  For instance, in fire blast, blasters get "blaze", which is a high damage single target attack, but sentinels get blazing blast, which has a repel effect added.  Similarly, in ice blast, instead of freeze ray, sentinels get chilling ray, that replaces the hold with a sleep.  Tanker arctic breath gets a -res component, but the sentinel version does not.  In short, there is a precedent for epic powers differing from their other counterparts...

The sentinel gets Blaze also. The difference is that Blasters get a sniper attack in Blazing bolt and Sentinels get Blazing blast with a repel effect.

But yes it could be that way or as i was wondering whether it was just an oversight. It is the only version of Cremate that does not have it so i am inclined to believe it is an oversight as the other melee attacks from the Sentinel epics match with other AT's. Cremate, which is the newest to be reworked, is the only one that does not

57 minutes ago, Gobbledigook said:

But yes it could be that way or as i was wondering whether it was just an oversight. It is the only version of Cremate that does not have it so i am inclined to believe it is an oversight as the other melee attacks from the Sentinel epics match with other AT's. Cremate, which is the newest to be reworked, is the only one that does not

Sure, it could be an oversight, or, as I pointed out with arctic breath, an intentional omission...

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Sure, it could be an oversight, or, as I pointed out with arctic breath, an intentional omission...

Yes it would be nice if a developer looked at the post to clarify. I presume it is an oversight otherwise that is just picking on Fire mastery lol.

• Thumbs Up 1