Is there a way to speed up tank leveling?

BazookaTwo

So I have recently fallen in love with my stone tanks. I have a stone/rad, and a stone/MA. What I do love is I'm virtually unkillable. What don't like is even with two damage auras and an AOE, the /rad is sloooow to kill a mob, and if I go faster I run out of end before the mob does anyway. Granted I'm 41 but still. 

I was street hunting in creys folly and it took me an hour or more like 2 to street hunt a level. Is there a way to speed that up? Just munch reds? Boosters?

What server are you on?  

Outside of farming, the fastest way is probably to join something like a PI radio team.  Or any Task Force or missions team.  Plenty of that on Excel.  Less so on other servers.

I assume you are running 2xp buff from the P2W vendor, right?

You also want to address Endurance with things like slotting Panacea +heal/end in Health.  Miracle +recovery in Health.  Performance Shifter +end proc in Stamina.  Maybe also another Performance Shift Endurance enhancement there.   If you haven't done so, picking up Energy Master for Physical Perfection (which gives yet more recovery and can slot another Perf Shifter +end proc).  You may want some endurance reduction in attacks and in your damage toggles.

Edited by ZemX

1 hour ago, BazookaTwo said:

So I have recently fallen in love with my stone tanks. I have a stone/rad, and a stone/MA. What I do love is I'm virtually unkillable. What don't like is even with two damage auras and an AOE, the /rad is sloooow to kill a mob, and if I go faster I run out of end before the mob does anyway. Granted I'm 41 but still. 

I was street hunting in creys folly and it took me an hour or more like 2 to street hunt a level. Is there a way to speed that up? Just munch reds? Boosters?

If you can afford them add a few procs to cover the Tankers damage.

2 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

Increase the size of the spawns.  Leveling with 0x8 minimum makes a large difference. Try to do TFs or storylines from Ourobors to reap sweet sweet merits.

This is if you strictly solo. It's much faster to join or form a group and with 8 people it will be much faster to achieve anything.

The root of the problem seems to be gearing though. Toss us a build showing what you're using and how much cash you have to spend. If you've been street sweeping with double XP I fear your funds might be lacking. Consider reading the guide in my signature for money, then the others with Stone Armor since I think I posted 'cheap'-er leveling builds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BazookaTwo said:

For whatever reason I cannot see folks' signatures on here. 

Are you on mobile? Tilting your phone sideways makes them show up.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Sovera really hit the nail on the head but I'll just add that, for me leveling my Bio/Rad the 40s were just the absolute pits.

By 45 I was convinced the character was slated for the scrap pile once I "compeleted" her by reaching 50+Alpha T3. But once fully slotted at 50 her killspeed performance leapt and slotting incarnates only increased the trend. She's now my favorite tanker to drive.

So hang in there. It's possible that this is just a natural slump for the set, and once you get your IOs fully slotted you'll see better performance. 

• Like 1

A stone tank using granite is able to devote many slots to procs while maintaining superior defensive ability. Here is a build (not by me) that demonstrates the concept; it's one of the few high-quality builds (of any AT or powerset) on the forums - see the "in-granite proc build" section. The key takeaway is that granite provides a large amount of defensive power, allowing build capacity that would normally be spent on obtaining resists or def to be traded out for dps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Sovera really hit the nail on the head but I'll just add that, for me leveling my Bio/Rad the 40s were just the absolute pits.

By 45 I was convinced the character was slated for the scrap pile once I "compeleted" her by reaching 50+Alpha T3. But once fully slotted at 50 her killspeed performance leapt and slotting incarnates only increased the trend. She's now my favorite tanker to drive.

So hang in there. It's possible that this is just a natural slump for the set, and once you get your IOs fully slotted you'll see better performance. 

Depending on when this was you caught the IG nerf train or not. Poor Radiation Melee will need a pass to be a consideration again.

Now I can say that my new Fire/Fire Tanker is enjoying the Fire Melee pass having become an AoE machine, but because I leveled without transfers of IOs or inf I don't have a good metric to compare against other Tankers I've leveled in the past. Because of these ironman rules it took reaching 30-ish to have enough inf to go from 0x4 to 0x8 (surviving tight spots on insps but that's what they are there for).

But this is one of the reasons I like Fire Armor. In the case of that combo you mentioned the player is stuck with IG (which used to be great even if random), Atom Smash (which is pretty decent but took reaching 38 to be obtained pre-level pass) and the Contaminated mechanic which is more flavor than power. There is just a lack of means to express the power when there are no outlets.

6 hours ago, Supertanker said:

I would do +2 x4 or so (depends on the character), purple bosses are where the xp is at.

The strength of Tankers are the AoEs, and its weakness the ST damage. If you feel that this approach worked best for you then kudos, but my own preference is leveling with 1x8 at around level 15 onwards (assuming I am transfering IOs to the alt).

Edited by Sovera

On 3/23/2023 at 11:36 AM, BazookaTwo said:

How are your attacks slotted?  Are you missing a lot?  Generally speaking, I like 2 acc, 3 dmg, and 1 end redux or 1 rech depending upon my build and attack chain.  Also, if you have a 50 alt somewhere, see if you can grab a panacea +hp/+end, a miracle +rec, a numina's +regen/+rec, and a performance shifter chance for end.  Even just a few of those can make your life a whole lot easier...

Edited by biostem