Share Your Inspiration Hacks

Redzone008

We all use Inspirations. (sometimes denoted as Insps on the Boards)  Some may deny it, others chew them like tic-tacs. I’m in the latter category, and I thought I would share my top Inspirations hacks, tricks, and tips.

First, if you have three of the same Inspirations, right click one and you can convert three Inspirations you do not need into an Inspiration you do need. For example, you can convert three accuracy Insps into a greenie and survive that much longer.  I seriously did not know this existed until recently and it has been useful countless times since.

Second, by default, when you press the F-keys it will consume the Inspirations in that column.  It is great if you keep all your Inspirations organized and clean.  But after a lengthy cave mish, your Inspirations could be jumbled.  Plus, have you been in a battle and dying so fast, you couldn’t get your cursor to the Greenies at the top of the inventory? I have.  To solve this problem, I set up a bind to my F1 key to eat Health Inspirations; my F2 key to eat Breathers, and my F3 key to eat Luck.  The Inspirations are consumed regardless where they are in the inventory and as a bonus, it starts with the smallest inspiration and then consumes the bigger ones.  For example:

/bind F2 "inspexec_name Resurgence$$inspexec_name Dramatic Improvement$$inspexec_name Respite"

Third, there are plenty of posts (For example here) describing macros and binds you can create to instantly convert your Inspirations to all of one kind.  This is used mostly for Farmers converting all their Inspirations to Reds but you could set it up for whatever you like.

Fourth, who has Rez’d back to life, stumbled around in that stupid daze, and then was killed again? I have slammed my keyboard many times over this.  To prevent it, when you take your Awaken (the smallest Rez), also take a Break Free. It will release you from the stumbling around in a vulnerable state.  Then you could run and recover.  Of course, if you have a large Rez Insp, take that.

Fifth, if you go to P2W Field Agent (the most common one is in Atlas Park), you can get for free the Inner Inspiration Power.  This will give you a three random medium/large Inspirations every thirty minutes. (See here for more)

Gameplay uses: As a new character with very little influence, you can make these and sell them at the Auction House for Influence. 

I usually save this for end of missions and when fighting EB/AV and I’ve used up all my Inspirations just to get there.  I’ll hit this and many times it gives something that might help a small amount to get over the hump and take the big baddie down!

WARNING: you have to have three open slots for this to work.  If you only have one slot open, you only get one Medium/Large Insp.

Sixth,  at the P2W Field Agent, you can alter your inspiration drops for a fee.  I believe you can omit a certain inspiration from dropping.  For example, if you don’t want the Awaken to drop and you can get badges for foregoing Inspiration drops all together. 

Seventh (and my favorite). You can store inspirations in the Auction House and access them nearly everywhere. Here is how I do it:

In chat, type /AH.  This brings up Wentworth’s Auction House. 

Drag Inspirations from your Inventory onto the Stored Tab as if you are going to sell them. Then, do not sell them. 

You can store a ton of Inspirations here and access them nearly whenever.  I have over 40 there right now. 

This is beneficial because you can store and swap out a lot  Inspirations anywhere, except in a door mission.  This is super useful.  For example:

If you are low in inspirations you do not need to roam the Zone for a contact. 

If you are hunting for XX Circle of Thorns in Steel Canyon and are low, you can just type /AH and drag over Green Inspirations into your inventory on the fly and continue the hunt.

If you are about to enter a door Mission and realize you are low on an Inspiration, you do not need to race around and find some more. Type in /AH and click Get.

If you are in a door Mission and getting your butt kicked, you can run back to the door, go outside, refill up from the Auction House (type /AH without actually going to Wentworths) and re-enter very quickly.

As an alternative you can buy Inspirations at the Auction House and just leave them in the Bought Tab.  I’ve done that too.  You can access them just as above. 

Gameplay tip: when I am with a contact who will sell me Inspirations, I usually move over my Inspirations to the Auction House (via /AH command) and then buy a new set for whatever Mish I’m going on or even before I log out sometimes.

Eighth, you can create a base (for free) and store up to a hundred Insps there, which you can then easily transfer to your alts.

What are your Hacks, Tricks, and Tips?

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

The auction house isn't accessible from bases or mission maps, but your in-game email is. I make sure to keep a dozen or so Awakens (or bigger) in my inbox at all times. Whenever a Rez insp drops I usually just send it to my global at the first opportunity, so I can access it from any character on the account and also so it's not taking up valuable space in my tray for something I may need to access quickly in the heat of battle.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I keep a stack of Ambrosia in my email and pass one out during a random raid.  Its bonus points when the person asks where it came from and double bonus points when my friends say they added a small chance for them to drop.

You can use a macro to e-mail an inspiration to a global.  This is mostly helpful when farming with Windfall activated.  No one seems to be quite sure exactly what Windfall does, or that it does what it says it does, except for one thing - it greatly increases your chances at t3 insp drops.  I actually tend to fill up e-mail with insps after a non-stop hour with Windfall.

I do want to clarify point 8.  You can put 100 insps into ONE bin.  Multiple bins means even more.  If you create a base just for insps (I may have done this while in peak hording mode at one point) then you can store 1,400 inspirations.

Also worth noting that Masterminds can use macros/binds to feed inspirations to minions.  It's quite helpful to get adept at this especially if you play a non-healing secondary and want to pass a green insp to a minion asap.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is a great list of tips from everyone. I use many of them, also see some cool ideas I didn't think of.

My own bit on insps is... lucks lucks lucks.

Defense as a mechanic is overpowered in this game, and defense inspirations have overpowered values on top.

A single luck gives +12.5% defense. This means you can turn any character into a softcapped powerhouse by chugging 4 lucks. This will let just about any character take on x8 groups as soon as level 1.

I have a convert insps to rages bind like Redzone mentioned, but I also have a convert insps to lucks bind. I use this latter one first and foremost. As a solo player, this easily improves my performance by an order of magnitude. It makes for a gameplay loop where you chug 3-4 lucks, start fighting a large group, kill things, more insps drop, you convert them to lucks, and you tend to get enough drops to keep this cycle going forever.

It also makes for great externalities: you don't need to allocate too many slots to your armors. Instead, leaving the base slot on defensive powers is fine, while every slot can be allocated to offense. Creating a virtuous circle of the character defeating enemies faster, getting insps faster, eventually not only keeping their 3-4 luck per minute shield consistently, but ending up with extra insps that can now be turned into reds for more damage output.

-

Also, building on previous tips on Winter Packs, storing insps in email, enabling inspiration drops... Don't sleep on team insps. Team insps can easily turn the tide of the most seemingly impossible fight in a pickup group from hell. If you chug a bunch of team purples and oranges, it's like giving your entire team the Barrier Destiny. For a full minute. At any level you want.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Redzone008 said:

Seventh (and my favorite). You can store inspirations in the Auction House and access them nearly everywhere.

Another useful trick with this is to keep the auction house window open during the monster phase of a Hami raid. Keep your EoEs, drag the large inspirations to the AH window, and consume everything else. When the raid is done, you can pull out the stored inspirations and dump them into base storage for your other characters.

• Like 1

Team and multi insps can't be combined like singles, so I tend to avoid unlocking them since they clog up your inventory real bad. Making them combinable would be a great QoL update. And supers too for that matter, but those don't drop randomly so those are less needing of an update. 

In my personal SG base I have a single insp collector filled up with a bunch of supers, which I can call upon when I absolutely, positively need to nuke something from orbit if I'm having trouble solo. 

• Like 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

18 hours ago, Redzone008 said:

First, if you have three of the same Inspirations, right click one and you can convert three Inspirations you do not need into an Inspiration you do need. For example, you can convert three accuracy Insps into a greenie and survive that much longer.  I seriously did not know this existed until recently and it has been useful countless times since.

This works for each of the three standard sizes (small, medium, large, I don't think it works on super).  A trick to make some walking around inf is to put in bids on large inspirations of less desired types, transform them, and put them on the /AH (or use them).  I'll frequently buy oranges, change them to purples, sell them.  It's not a ton of inf, but if you want to be self-sufficient this is one easy way.

Also, for more quick start-up inf, sell the large green and the large red inspiration you get from the tutorial once you have enough inf for the posting fee.  As an added bonus, once you are rolling in inf, put in bids for large green and large red inspirations to pass it along.

Who run Bartertown?

My favorite inspiration hack is to head to exactly 0.499 0.499 0.499 in a zone and use a complicated series of binds and slash commands to slot and delete two different enhancements at the same time, which will pop up a bugged pet renaming window with no character limit, and enter "0x9f9f9f122█████████%%{modus} >-> objects.antimatter_pulse.annihilation%%/" as the name, then use Inner Inspiration with the fourth inspiration column empty, a medium red in the second spot in the first column, and a Super blue in the first spot in the fifth column, which will give you a glitched inspiration that one-shots every enemy mob on the map when used.

• Haha 4

Also, when the stitching in your hem starts to fail, duct tape helps until you can get to a tailor.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Not really a hack, but little known:

Superior Protection Imbuement (Super Team Break Frees) last 3 minutes, which is often as long as most TF AVs fights. Having a few of these in the Inbox before diving into anything from a Posi 1 Shadow Clone fight (with the 5 Doms on your team) to the big melees at the end of MLTF or LRSF can be super handy, not just for the squishies but also for tanks since these provide 50% Taunt Resist per application. 

If you have too many Incarnate Threads on one your farmer favorite main, then it's a a good investment to makes sure you have a half-dozen of these in your Inbox.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2023 at 7:23 PM, Mjolnerd said:

The auction house isn't accessible from bases or mission maps, but your in-game email is. I make sure to keep a dozen or so Awakens (or bigger) in my inbox at all times. Whenever a Rez insp drops I usually just send it to my global at the first opportunity, so I can access it from any character on the account and also so it's not taking up valuable space in my tray for something I may need to access quickly in the heat of battle.

Click the whole tray, every fight, every time. Doesn't matter what's in there, or what the fight is, just click them. Except for the rezzes, those get deleted right away.

• Haha 1

Okay, here's my hack.  I find it really improves my game experience.  First, I delete all small and medium ones (and/or disable them from dropping at P2W).  Then, I group them all up by type in my tray.  Groups that are related (such as purples and oranges) tend to be close to each other.  There's always a wakie in the bottom right corner, because I'm paranoid that if I alt-tab out of the game for a second and hit f5 to refresh a page (something that's never happened in something like 10 combined years of playing the game), it might accidentally hit in game and ruin this plan.  This is what I call a wakie block (mini-hack!).  Anyway, once I have my groups, and it looks nice and pretty, and this is the key part:

I NEVER USE ANY INSPIRATIONS AGAIN.

I mean, I would, but I might need them for something more vital later.  I wouldn't want to waste them now!  Plus, the pattern in the tray is so pretty...

• Haha 2

I usually bid in groups of 3 at the AH for reds and purples. So I always have  access to filling my tray before heading into a tough mission, or replenishing after a tough mission.

For a difficulty challenge, I sometimes turn off green inspiration drops.

Dual inspirations don't impress me, I think they are a lark as they only give minimal boosts, and you can't combine them. Just don't unlock them at the P2W.

Team inspirations are great for masterminds. Always unlock them on your MM and use them.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 3/28/2023 at 4:48 AM, Vanden said:

My favorite inspiration hack is to head to exactly 0.499 0.499 0.499 in a zone and use a complicated series of binds and slash commands to slot and delete two different enhancements at the same time, which will pop up a bugged pet renaming window with no character limit, and enter "0x9f9f9f122█████████%%{modus} >-> objects.antimatter_pulse.annihilation%%/" as the name, then use Inner Inspiration with the fourth inspiration column empty, a medium red in the second spot in the first column, and a Super blue in the first spot in the fifth column, which will give you a glitched inspiration that one-shots every enemy mob on the map when used.

Would you be so kind as to share the macro for that?

On 3/28/2023 at 9:23 AM, High_Beam said:

Also, when the stitching in your hem starts to fail, duct tape helps until you can get to a tailor.

Gorilla Tape, H_B, Gorilla Tape.  Much tougher hold for tougher fights. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1