Slot Machine's Random Challenge (the limited edition 2023)

Troo

7 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Glad you brought this back, Troo. 🙂 It's always such fun.

48-65-53: Dominator - Ice Control - Icy Assault (Funny, actually have one of these already in her 40's)

8-32-69 (kinky): Blaster - Dual Pistols - Ninja Training (That actually could be a fun combo)

83-59-45: Stalker - Ninja Blade - Ninjitsu (Um... I think RNG is trying to tell me I need to make some sort of ninja...)

Since I already have the dominator, I will decide between one of the other two later (or both!) and report back. 🙂

I ended up making both because I'm crazy I guess.

Vixxy the Ninja/Ninja Stalker

screenshot-230326-19-29-15.jpg

And Delilah Deadshot - DP/Ninja Blaster
screenshot-230326-19-02-37.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Hmm. Had fun with Push Up Bro, my Grav/FF Controller last year. Let's see what we get this time around...

1. Ice/Elec Stalker
  2. Fire/Energy Blaster
  3. Katana/Rad Scrapper

Never done Ice/* on a stalker. Never done */Elec or Katana/* on anything before. Rolled up Atomic Tiger, the Katana/Rad Praetorian Scrapper. Might roll up the others, just to see which one strikes my fancy most. This year, I'll probably play him on Indom tho, since that's where I normally hang out.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/25/2023 at 9:25 PM, Xiddo said:

Ah, not a bad one this time around… Rad/Dark corruptor. Sets I’ve used but not together. Could be much worse.

For the first time in a while I got excited about a toon and - I know it’s early - cracked this one open and it’s now level 26. Only used boosters until 17, just lots of arcs, not TFs, really enjoying it.

Say hello if you see Neutrino Nights!

So I rolled again:

Got a Dark/Kin controller. I’ve not used dark control before.

EDIT: I’ve made the controller and absolutely love it. So much more than the corruptor. Valerie Void is now level 29, no boosters, just arcs 🙂 lovely work @Troo - thanks to you I’ve found a new toy.

80AB897B-316B-49AB-8185-4A5870353CDF.jpeg

Edited by Xiddo
Adding pic
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Scrapper-Battle Axe-Super Reflex ; very recent char, lots of fun

Mastermind-Beast-Electric Affinity  ; Got one, it's alright

Brute-War Mace-Shield ;  RNG is telling me to just play my alts...  I have fairly new one at level 9 in Praetoria.  just haven't decided if I'm just going to do one path

• Haha 1

Giving it a go for another year. I found an RNG site that rolls to 2 decimal places so I can take full advantage of the tables. Following the Troo plan of making 3 rolls and taking the "best" (with the personal twist that any combo I already have, as well as Brutes & Tanks in general (I have far too many of them already) are auto rerolls so I can actually have 3 options to pick from.)

• 22.98 - 29.54 - 97.02 = Controller, Elec/Trick Arrow -- uhhhh....
  • 40.44 - 5.17 - 53.29 = Defender, Cold/Fire -- would you believe I've already 50'd one? NEXT!
  • 12.17 = Brute -- NEXT!
  • 32.11 - 22.56 - 40.42 = Corruptor, Dark Blast/Nature -- hmmm.... and also jackpot winner apparently.
  • 0.30 - 69.75 - 38.07 = Blaster, Psi Blast/Elec -- meh?

So I'm not super down with controllering right now. And the blaster pairing really doesn't excite me. Which means by process of elimination it's corruptor or bust! I've got a Nature/ defender here on HC so I'm reasonably familiar with the set, but I haven't played dark blast since a D3 on early live. My gut says this will be hanging back and throwing cones for days, but I guess we'll see.

Now to find inspiration for a look, which is of course the most important part of the whole process...

EDIT

Ceramic is up and running on Excelsior! Rather than repost all the pics, I'll just link to the costume thread for the finished character design.

EDIT the second

image.png.2bdae5d554c2826f846681a460bb7c2e.png

Edited by Cutter
link to pics
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

46 minutes ago, Cutter said:

• 32.11 - 22.56 - 40.42 = Corruptor, Dark Blast/Nature -- hmmm.... and also jackpot winner apparently.
  • 0.30 - 69.75 - 38.07 = Blaster, Psi Blast/Elec -- meh?

You’re right about the corr. It’ll be VERY team based. Procs, debuffs and heals. But not bad I think. 

The blaster is quite interesting I think… Use those PaPs, get a costume and RP it as a clockwork made from main earth and alt earth scraps.

• Like 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

I've been on a bit of an alt craze lately, and severely neglecting many ideas that I roll and get to 30.

This should help.

1. Brute - Dual Blades - Radiation
2. Stalker - Kinetic Melee - Stone Armor
3. Sentinel - Fire Blast - Ninjitsu

Speaking of neglecting alts, I have a DB/Rad Scrap so a little too close to the first to want to roll...

Two and Three seem like great choices, but it's helped by the fact that I recently 50's a Dark/Nin Sent (gosh Sents are fun now), so we'll go with...

image.png.1fee969bbb58973b4a31fd2a3672f01f.png

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sentinel - Ice/Dark

Much better. I wouldn’t have picked this combo on my own.

The harder challenge was finding a good name on Excelsior. “Jet” as in black, but also skyzooms.

1-FFCDAAC-8-B5-C-4-B64-8-B3-A-6752-B8-D9

Edited by Trike
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Oops.  I missed that part I already made it and got to level 25ish.

I didn't see that part either. Mine aren't close to level 30 yet, but I didn't see this was only taking place in April. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Finally got around to making my Ice/Martial Dom. Here's Fleeting Bitterness

rF03Fnx.jpg

Leveled up just a tiny bit to grab Stealth since concept is key, but won't be touching again until the 1st.

And, as a bonus, the group I play with want to run a full team with randomly generated toons, so I have a second one as well.

This is Lord of Skulls, a Fire/Bio Sent.

JNqoehh.jpg

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

Another couple weeks and you'll be tanking 4 star ITFs on that monster.  You rolled a serious one.

@Yomo Kimyata and Snarky... This is to both of you really: I've never played stone armour on a tank before. I've PUG'd with a stone tank and I wasn't overly impressed... However Im wondering if it might've been their 'user error'.  How do the new changes make it? I actually quite like how ugly granite is.

Sorry, I know this if off-topic.

2 hours ago, Xiddo said:

@Yomo Kimyata and Snarky... This is to both of you really: I've never played stone armour on a tank before. I've PUG'd with a stone tank and I wasn't overly impressed... However Im wondering if it might've been their 'user error'.  How do the new changes make it? I actually quite like how ugly granite is.

I only ran stone armor on live once, on a Brute.  I was newb.  Really enjoyed the look.  Had a rock demon. Then at 32 my costume….  Something bad happened…   I never ran it again

I have two issues with Stone.  The aforementioned costume problem.  The power pick problematic perception.  If you build for granite it is my understanding you do not need all the powers from the set.  So the set to me sounds like it does not work synergistically.  I wouldn’t know.  Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie.  I will never know. I will not eat the MFer. 

As I understand it Stone is very similar to Invul in toughness.  Slightly better in some fights, slightly worse in others.  But you cannot move.  Of course there is TP.  Which did not make thematic sense to me so I never explored 

I am unsure of how changes have affected it

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Xiddo said:

For the most part, I don't play tanks at all, and my recent experience with Stone Armor has been with a Savage Melee/Stone scrapper (and it was a good build!)  Based on what I'm seeing, I'm just adding Granite Armor as an "Oh hell!" button, although I'm probably better off spending that one spot on Taunt.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

Roll 1: 32 54 33 = Fire/Kin Corruptor

Roll 2: 5 81 7 = Water/Dev Blaster

Roll 3: 98 22 35 = Elec/Fire Tanker

So... I have some thinking to do....

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

• Haha 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

Edited to add:  After messing around with builds a bit, I'm going to go with the Tanker.

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Thumbs Up 1