Slot Machine's Random Challenge (the limited edition 2023)

Troo

On 3/29/2023 at 2:22 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

Oops.  I missed that part I already made it and got to level 25ish.

On 3/25/2023 at 12:02 PM, Troo said:

- No Rules /-or-/ Bring Your Own Rules -

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

25-71-56
18.18 to 27.26 = Controller
66.67 to 77.77 = Illusion Control

14-29-53
9.09 to 18.17 = Brute

27.27 to 31.81 = Energy Melee
53.85 to 61.53 = Radiation Armour

24-45-69

18.18 to 27.26 = Controller
44.44 to 55.55 = Gravity Control

Queue inner monologue:

Uh oh two Controllers (I guess the goal here is to expand play style).

Playing an Energy Melee Brute would feel like cheating.

Illusion I've done.. for costume themes lol.

Here's to hoping that last number on the Gravity Controller is a lucky one.

Controller Secondary: (Roll #3)
0.00 to 6.24 = Cold Domination
6.25 to 12.49 = Darkness Affinity
12.50 to 18.74 = Electrical Affinity
18.75 to 24.99 = Empathy
25.00 to 31.24 = Force Field
31.25 to 37.49 = Kinetics
37.50 to 43.74 = Nature Affinity
43.75 to 49.99 = Pain Domination
50.00 to 56.24 = Poison
56.25 to 62.49 = Radiation Emission
62.50 to 68.74 = Sonic Resonance
68.75 to 74.99 = Storm Summoning
75.00 to 81.24 = Thermal Radiation
81.25 to 87.49 = Time Manipulation
87.50 to 93.74 = Traps
93.75 to 100 = Trick Arrow

.. oh geez .. now I'm gonna have to go mess with @Solarverse sound mods.

hmm, what would the Illusion have been? (56.25 to 62.49 = Radiation Emission), LOL Illusion / Radiation. There's an old standard that this melee-er hasn't really ever played but too FOTM at some point for me.

I accept your challenge Slot Machine

Controller - Gravity Control - Storm Summoning

Edited by Troo
  • Like 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

1 hour ago, Troo said:

I accept your challenge Slot Machine

Controller - Illusion Control - Storm Summoning

Character name: Brain Storm.

….of which every possible combination will be taken on every server.

Psiclone? Stormirage? Mindwind? Weather Wit?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trike said:

Character name: Brain Storm.

….of which every possible combination will be taken on every server.

Psiclone? Stormirage? Mindwind? Weather Wit?

Phantom Forecast . . . Fantom Forecast . . . Phantom Phorecast . . . Fantom Phorecast . . . ?

• Thumbs Up 1

There we go:

image.png.6de4444dde46ffc37300e2794869017b.png

VICTORY! Tsumurai is now a L30 (Water Blast/Martial Assault).

This guy is a ton of fun. Might play him on up to 50. I will say I made excellent progress on the debt badge with all the diving in with the whole speed burst thing. I REALLY need to keybind it.:-)

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Jumping into this and got these rolls

9-Blaster
54-Fire
70-Ninja

45-Defender
93-Traps
63-Ice

85-Stalker
99-Street Justice
33-Fire Aura

Taking the Blaster build and to further the randomness, I used a 1-5 number picker for origin, hit random on the costume generator and used a superhero name generator online and took the first name (that wasn't already taken). It...was interesting.

cinder melt.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

I had forgotten about this, so I'm late to the party!

My first set was 72, 59, 26 I could go 72 low for Scrapper or 72 high for Sentinel. I did both.
Scrapper - Psi Melee/Energy Aura
Sentinel -  Fire Blast/Energy Aura

The dice really wanted me to have Energy Aura!

My second set 22, 18, 56
Controller - Earth/Ice

My third set 8, 1, 77 It sounds like a birthday for a proof of age on a website.
Blaster - Archery/Plant

And then I realized, I wasn't using the table that included epic AT's. I like Kheldian's and Soldiers. Soo I used that chart and using the same rolls, things changed a little.

First set, 72, 59, 26
Tank - Radiation/Electric Melee

Second Set, 22, 18,  56
Corrupter - Dark Blast (Jackpot!)/Radiation.

Third Set, 8, 1, 77
Brute - Battle Axe/Stone Armor (Bonus Roll! - 97)
Brute - Battle Axe/Willpower

And thus, The Wish Witch a Dark Blast/Radiation Emission Corrupter was born!

WishWitch.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

I've already gotten bored with the Stone/Super Strength tanker, so I thought I'd take another shot at it.  Seeing that I'm allowed to pick the favored of three rolls:

Claws/Regeneration Stalker.  Pass, the world needs another Wolverine/Sabretooth like I need another hole in my head.

Dark/Water Defender.  Slightly more interesting, and I could come up with a concept.

Sonic/Earth Blaster.  Ugh, blasters!  And sonic is terrible and I've never even heard of Earth...

Wait, didn't they add Earth Manipulation relatively recently?  And didn't they upgrade Sonic relatively recently?  And wait, don't you like stun?  And you can double up Sleep?!?  (I'm just kidding about liking that last part.  I think.)  Oh heck.

image.png.ae527541f0ae2bd3a9548c8329b76774.png

(Name may change.)

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

Controller - Darkness Control/Electrical Affinity

Not a big fan of controllers, but alright. Made a suit of power armor that electrocuted its wearer, then slowly developed shadow powers due to the death energies trapped inside the armor. It wasn't until a hero knocked the helmet off while it was robbing a bank that anyone realized the pilot was dead. 

Skullshock4.png.3e574cba31226e91d7d98dfcabdbb29f.png

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

FYI, there's also a random AT/powerset roller here:  https://coh.tips/city-suggests/

I don't know if this one includes Epics (although it doesn't seem to after several rolls) or what the weights are, though I assume all possibilities are evenly weighted.

wait, nvm, this doesn't seem to have some of the latest powersets (symph, ill for doms, etc.).

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

33 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

FYI, there's also a random AT/powerset roller here:  https://coh.tips/city-suggests/

I don't know if this one includes Epics (although it doesn't seem to after several rolls) or what the weights are, though I assume all possibilities are evenly weighted.

wait, nvm, this doesn't seem to have some of the latest powersets (symph, ill for doms, etc.).

I couldn't get it to roll peacebringers, warshades, soldiers, or widows. Although it does list widow/fortunata teamwork in at least one theme...

A little late to the party, but wanted to take part in the challenge. Here were my three rolls:

1: 5-22-57 - Dark/Temporal Blaster

2: 89-38-33 - Energy/Fiery Armor Stalker

3: 42-82-94 - Time/Water Defender

After ruling out the Stalker (the previous two Slot Machine Challenge picks were Stalkers), I decided to pick the Blaster. I'm not too familiar with Dark Blast and although I used Temporal in the past, it's been a while since I played a Blaster with that secondary. So far, I managed to complete the first arcs in Atlas Park and leveled up to level 6. 

Here is my blaster, Aeon Noir 

screenshot_230403-01-18-37.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hit 32 this morning. It was a ride of mapserver runs, gm fights, running through the sewers once and some radio missions. Of the power choices, I'll say Fire blast is a no brainer, but not so sure about Ninja Training. Didn't mesh well for me.

lvl32.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Great work peeps!

Some amazing rolls and excellent Names/Costume/Themes.

'Only to level 15 over here with Xi, my cat-boy brute. (I'm running solo-only, without big events, or TF teams or ship raids, just to get a better feel for how the combination handles since I'm new to it. He'll be a slow one-) ... But I have to say that so far. Psi/Shield has been good fun. I like him. 

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I rolled up 2 randoms:

-----

90: Stalker

57: Ninja Blade

51: Invulnerability

I haven't ran an Invul before...it sounds a little boring

-----

66: Scrapper

22: Dual Blades

78: Shield Defense

This one sounds interesting.  I wonder if it is a possibility since there is a blade in each hand and a shield strapped on

On 4/2/2023 at 6:15 PM, VeiledOwl said:

Controller - Darkness Control/Electrical Affinity

Not a big fan of controllers, but alright. Made a suit of power armor that electrocuted its wearer, then slowly developed shadow powers due to the death energies trapped inside the armor. It wasn't until a hero knocked the helmet off while it was robbing a bank that anyone realized the pilot was dead. 

Skullshock4.png.3e574cba31226e91d7d98dfcabdbb29f.png

I have this power combo in the 40's; came recommended by another forum user and it's a solid pairing. The ElecAff pet can be a little unreliable for chaining off of while soloing, so Umbra Beast gives you a solid pet for chaining off of. Looks cool paired together too. Love the concept you came up with!

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster