Slot Machine's Random Challenge (the limited edition 2023)

Troo

VampyreVendingMachines.jpg

Crunchy, yet satisfying!

Xi the Bright Shiny Catboy has officially made it to 30! 

After finishing off the vampyre vending machines in Striga, he wandered over to Croatoa for some fun busting ghosts, hunting witches, beating up lawn gnomes, carving pumpkins and herding big, shaggy deer-things. 

He might also have mistaken the whisps for cat toys...

ETA: I did finally manage to get Xi to 50 awhile back. He got his last iToy built and slotted in January... So my Random Catboy is now complete. 🐈

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 4/24/2023 at 7:17 AM, Lyrium said:

I love this challenge and I'll definitely do it at some point. 

May I usggest to use any of the thousand of online dice sites that allow you to throw 3d100 at once, so you can post a pic of your result? 😄 

Link one and I'll add it to the annual contest.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 3/26/2023 at 8:08 PM, cranebump said:

2-96-60 Blaster-Water Blast-Martial Combat (oooookay then)

63-32-34 Mastermind-Mercs-Kinetics (could actually work, but I hate MM's)

78-81-98 Sentinel-Rad-Will (could actually play this one)

Well, might as well go with the weirdest.

Now dropping in...

image.png.8f82402631dc6d69f32c84675dc1b16d.pngimage.png.db25dcbc4cf78d6c35d8adf257a807c7.png

Tsumurai!* Holder of the Sacred Gem of Imanust! Trained by the Tsoo! Wardrobe by Goodwill!

*some hateful, horrible person already HAD Tsunamurai, unfortuntately. (sniff):-)

(Water Blast/Martial Assault it is. The KD is really nice, but when I wade for kicks-n-grins, I got no defense atm. Probably gonna need a toughness secondary, though I feel I have to have infiltration).

Addendum: I also did costume parts/types I rarely every use, namely Hood, "Martial Arts" elements, and that weird cape selection. I actually like his look, though I'm pretty sure it's a very crappy, Marvel-1970s representation of an MA hero (at best).

My kinwater defender Silver Tsoonami would be down to team with this guy

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later
On 4/24/2023 at 10:07 AM, Uun said:

Hit 30 yesterday. Not sold yet. With 3 ST attacks, a cone and a PBAoE, I don't have enough recharge slotted yet to avoid gaps in the attack chain. Haven't got Weave or all the set bonuses yet, so only at about 32% defense. I'll try taking it to 40 to see if I like it better when it's more fully slotted. 

Hit 50 this week. Now fully IOed (no purples beside the ATOs), it's got a gapless attack chain and Incarnate capped defenses. I use Boggle for laughs, but it's really not needed. Psi Melee isn't top tier but if feels solidly middle of the road.

Uunthinkable - Scrapper (Psionic Melee).mbd

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

• 5 months later

Came across this post and had to Necro 😂 such a fun idea. Very “comic book” I feel as well, with cosmic/random event giving your hero superpowers.

39-34-65: Dominator - Elec/Dark. I’ve yet to run a Dom to 50. I know @oedipus_tex and @Onlyasandwich have some builds lying around if I go this route!

31-77-94: Defender - Thermal/Water Blast. Idk if there is any synergy here, but I know both sets are great on their own!

73-70-4: Tanker - Shield/Battle Axe. I’ve ran Shield to 50, but haven’t played new Battle Axe. I hear it is good after the updates.

Time to chew on these choices for a bit!

Edited by StriderIV
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oooh…is it the time again? I had much fun with Tsumurai!

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

46 14 95 Dom Fire Control\Earth Assault

I have a Fire/Earth toon, but it’s not a Dom. Been awhile since I ran one, so it’s a contender.

99 57 33 Tank Radiation Armor\Fire Melee

Easy to envision thematically.and I do like tanks. But not a fan of the swords. I’d have to deviate a bit, using Fighting.

77 65 41 Sent Ice Blast\Fiery Aura

Yin yang theme. And I do enjoy Sentinels. 

Will mull and create soon!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

2 hours ago, cranebump said:

46 14 95 Dom Fire Control\Earth Assault

I have a Fire/Earth toon, but it’s not a Dom. Been awhile since I ran one, so it’s a contender.

99 57 33 Tank Radiation Armor\Fire Melee

Easy to envision thematically.and I do like tanks. But not a fan of the swords. I’d have to deviate a bit, using Fighting.

77 65 41 Sent Ice Blast\Fiery Aura

Yin yang theme. And I do enjoy Sentinels. 

Will mull and create soon!

All awesome choices. Rad/Fiery is a top tier choice for a Tanker, from what I’ve heard.

16 hours ago, StriderIV said:

All awesome choices. Rad/Fiery is a top tier choice for a Tanker, from what I’ve heard.

No doubt! But I am leaning toward the sentinel and goin redside all the way. Been a while since I’ve done that 🙂

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Haha idk if there was a specific time for an actual event, I’m just using it to roll a fun/random toon.

I still use it myself!

just thought @Troo ran it at a certain time of the year.

Scrapper-Rad Melee/Ice Armor .... now that is interesting

• Like 2

/e poofgone

20 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

I still use it myself!

oooooooh Nice roll! I've ran Ice Armor on a Stalker and loved it. I think it shines on Stalkers/Scrappers.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

It's usually a spring thing, so you're a bit early... 

I didn't finish my catboy's last iToy until January, so it was slow-going in Coyoteville this time. Then again, I *did* level him entirely solo and "Old School" style with the mission arcs, so the relative snail's pace wasn't exactly an unexpected surprise. 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Last year it was end of March. Needs to have Storm Blast added. I would suggest adding Arsenal Control/Assault as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

8 hours ago, JasperStone said:

I still use it myself!

You are correct.

It's on the event calendar each year. Typically we shoot for April 1st and we'll have updated roll tables to include any new sets.

That said, I always encourage folks to roll a alt whenever inspiration hits. "if you're not twitching, you have room for another alt" -someone

Any volunteers to update the tables after the next page drops? I can do it, just opening this up for others to assist.

Slot Machine's Random Challenge
01 April 2024, 11:59 PM      22 April 2024, 11:59 PM

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

I whipped up the Ice/FA Sentinel last night. Picked up explores in AP (for Zone TP), did a little street sweeping, then headed to Mercy. Ran through the Weber arc there (the finale of which I totally forgot about-take THAT Psi-lass!). Finished up at L6, parked. Could NOT come up with a good name that someone else hasn't already done, so I went with Blizz Ferneaux (because I almost went with Blizferno, which, for some reason I thought was more embarrassing than the one I settled on). I'd post a pic, but I believe I have used up all my graphic space.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

here is the link for this year's event. (folks can of course use it anytime)