What would pair well with gravity?

Crossie

I have played the hell out of my gravity / storm controller and LOVE IT!!!  It's amazingly helpful in teams.  Wormhole alone makes it fun.  

I am wanting to do a gravity dominator because the deeps should be much better.  What would pair well with that I wonder?  Locking a group of baddies in a corner and beating them down on a dom sounds uber fun. 

Gravity control is already very "blastery" on its own, so I'd consider an assault set with more utility.  Savage assault can provide +recharge rate and -end cost, as well as some healing.  Dark provides some healing, -tohit, and a powerboost-like power.  

• Thumbs Up 1

My first villain to level cap was a gravity/fire Domi. It didn't have the most synergy when analyzing it's powers, but it was very fun nonetheless.

If I were to remake a grav domi today I would likely go grav/psi, grav/ice, or grav/energy

I've always enjoyed psionic assault and i can stretch gravity as a telekinesis based set, so it's thematic.

Icy assault has some chilling embrace, ice sword circle, and frost breath for after you wormhole a group into a corner. Also has a built-in power boost. Good mitigation. Thematically space is cold, so a singularity id imagine would be pretty inhospitable regarding temperature.

Energy ties has a built-in in power boost and gets glowing pom poms. Thematically it ties to comic based space superheroes and such to shoot beams of energy at targets.

I would also work sorcery into the set to use enflame/spirit ward on singularity so when you wormhole mobs into a corner singularity blocks them in and the enflame gets to work.

Also for that reason /ice mastery for sleet and ice storm would be my choice for an epic power pool.

I guess I'd maybe lean grav/icy/ice with a little sorcery for good measure.

8 hours ago, biostem said:

Do the grav immobs negate the KB from energy?  Would save a ton on slotting if they do...

not too sure, however wormhole could group things up again, singularity would be doing his best to gather everyone and fold space could be picked up too.

think i might be selling myself an alt here.. @Xiddo

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, biostem said:

Do the grav immobs negate the KB from energy?  Would save a ton on slotting if they do...

I tried running a Grav/kin a while ago and found - with the KB proc - it didn’t always negate it from propel. But part of me assumed it was just me. Haven’t tried it on the dom side. I’m hopping on to try some of the new stuff in beta anyway so will check.

46 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

not too sure, however wormhole could group things up again, singularity would be doing his best to gather everyone and fold space could be picked up too.

think i might be selling myself an alt here.. @Xiddo

Dakhness has a really nice Grav/psi with fold space as well as wormhole. theres just so much recharge. Really nice to play with if you’re the tank/meat shield cos everything just drops on you. But can see it being a slight pain in 50+4 content cos you’d need to pop the +1 insp

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

• 2 months later
  • 1 month later
On 3/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, Crossie said:

I am wanting to do a gravity dominator because the deeps should be much better.  What would pair well with that I wonder? 

I'm always going to say "whatever fits best with your character conception" because I'm a character conception player.

I think that it is alway more fun to play a character that you have created versus one that has been built intentionally through mini-maxing.

That being said, I am not worried about being uber/L33T or playing end-game.

How to word it. I am here to play the game and not beat the game. Maybe that makes sense. Maybe that is too few words to explain it clearly.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

11 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

If we wish really really hard maybe we can get time assault ported over from blasters for doms.

1172019902_Wishisonlyawish.png.6fd5c075b9a70dc97e0acebae8f5a70c.png

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I've done grav/fire/fire and grav/sav/ice.

The latter was pretty cool in that you can wormhole a mob against the wall and then feral charge them before they hit the ground. Felt cool.

However, I'd suggest an assault set a bit higher in control to fill in while wormhole is down. Something like earth, psi or sonic (I've haven't tried sonic much, but seems like it could work)

Additionally some of the App's could help in that department too. Psy nado+world of confusion is a lot of control as an example. 

• 4 weeks later

I’ve tried a Grav/Fire/Fire and a Grav/Ice/Ice and they were alright but then I went on an adventure and tried Thorny Assault. Fell in love with it.

Thorntraps is great paired with Singy, and she pulls mobs in for me to get Ripper to land on multiple targets. There’s very good synergy.

Ended up going with Fire Mastery for Rain of Fire as well… that plus Thorntrops does a LOT of DoT. Whatever is left alive you can just ‘scrap’ it out.

Thorny Assault offers great AoE and pretty decent ST dmg with high toxic DoT to boot. Highly recommend.

• Like 2