Focused Feedback: Storm Blast

18 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

or you can just learn how to use knockback to your advantage which is the whole point of sets that are knockback intensive.

Knockback is a short duration hold. The enemy can't attack when they are knocked-back or knocked down..

Seriously, I have run plenty of teams where we were knockback intensive and the players on the team were having plenty of fun.

Except it's actually worse in this, because it creates the pseudopets where yo ucan't control the direction that they're knocking back which. And, it could just be knockdown, with an enhanceable mag that turns it INTO knockback too if you wanna get gritty with it. This seems to mostly be an issue with it's interaction with the nuke at least though.

Just stating that it shouldn't be knocbkack on it's own/within it's interactions, but you could certainly slot the power FOR knockback if you want that changed into KB, but for MOST of us, don't hinder it with that to begin with.

And again, for how imperitive it is to the set for each mob, it really needs its  recharge reduced and allowed to place at will working like glue arrow. It's just too long and too slow for it to work as it is. it's fun no doubt, but just very improperly statted and should be placeable each mob.

Edit: it's just too crucial, its great with it, but the set feels fairly bad without it, why we shoudln't be relying on a slow moving pseudopet, and should be able to place it ourselves each mob like glue arrow. (ie 30s rech, 30-45s duration, shorter cast time, less end cost, replaces itself, doesn't move)

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Except it's actually worse in this, because it creates the pseudopets where yo ucan't control the direction that they're knocking back which. And, it could just be knockdown, with an enhanceable mag that turns it INTO knockback too if you wanna get gritty with it. This seems to mostly be an issue with it's interaction with the nuke at least though.

I have played a Blaster and A Defender in the Beta.

I don't see the issues you are experiencing, so, apparently, it isn't an issue in the way that I have learned to utilize the set.

THere are plenty of nukes with knockback. Of course you are going to send them flying all over the place if you jump into the center of a crowd and set it off.

5 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

ust stating that it shouldn't be knocbkack on it's own/within it's interactions, but you could certainly slot the power FOR knockback if you want that changed into KB, but for MOST of us, don't hinder it with that to begin with.

I don't know where you get this "most" from.

I have only experience a small percentage of players that complain about knockback. But I agree that they are very vocal about it like you are being.

I enjoy knockback and I have run into others that enjoy using it as well.

8 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

And again, for how imperitive it is to the set for each mob, it really needs its  recharge reduced and allowed to place at will working like glue arrow. It's just too long and too slow for it to work as it is. it's fun no doubt, but just very improperly statted and should be placeable each mob.

If you need it up all the time then slot it with recharges and slot up hasten with recharges and slot up some LOTGs +recharge procs.

Myself, I don't play the end-game.

So once again, I'm asking you if you are looking this from a level 50 bulldozer team perspective?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

All three of them speak for the entire playerbase, apparently, according to an earlier post.

If people are having that much issue with storm cell placement and jet stream repel, I'm inclined to say it's a skill issue that can be overcome with some practice. After some hours of testing, I got it down pretty well. It doesn't repel things in your cell, it's pretty good at keeping things in your cell, too.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Thumbs Down 5

2 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I have played a Blaster and A Defender in the Beta.

I don't see the issues you are experiencing, so, apparently, it isn't an issue in the way that I have learned to utilize the set.

THere are plenty of nukes with knockback. Of course you are going to send them flying all over the place if you jump into the center of a crowd and set it off.

I have only experience a small percentage of players that complain about knockback. But I agree that they are very vocal about it like you are being.

I enjoy knockback and I have run into others that enjoy using it as well.

If you need it up all the time then slot it with recharges and slot up hasten with recharges and slot up some LOTGs +recharge procs.

Myself, I don't play the end-game.

So once again, I'm asking you if you are looking this from a level 50 bulldozer team perspective?

The rest, go play the game, you'll see LOTS of people preferring knockdown, again, easily most. I never said there were *none* that preferred the knockback.

And regarding storm cell that's the point, for a very minor debuff (which i think there is a decimal misplaced on it's -recharge, because 6.25% is basically nothing, not sure if that ranks up as you attack, same with the -to hit) and is pretty much all about it's special effect. The set kinda hardly works without it IMO, so it should be something that you can control where you want it every mob. You shoudln't have to worry about recharge on it just for it to do it's actual main job. It's honestly already almost bad enough that you even have to pick it as a power if not for it's effects being decent, but quite anemic without them. It should be self-placeable via 30s glue arrow-like stats.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

All three of them speak for the entire playerbase, apparently, according to an earlier post.

If people are having that much issue with storm cell placement and jet stream repel, I'm inclined to say it's a skill issue that can be overcome with some practice. After some hours of testing, I got it down pretty well.

The devs added a knockback to knockdown conversion because knockback is such a hated effect. Pretty sure it's not just three people.

Personally, I wouldn't have an issue with the set if it was just knockback in Jet Stream. But you can't convert repel to knockdown. You're still going to shove enemies away.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

• City Council
3 hours ago, Dispari said:

Now, I understand why the repel is there. It's to push people into Storm Cell (and Category Five).

I commend those who use this power as a tool for pushing enemies into the Storm Cell, however the repel is not there for this purpose. Jet Stream is a utility power used for safety, getting enemies further away from you. Many players will appreciate that ability, especially at early levels. Eventually players may no longer want the utility and can choose to respec out of it, or slot a KB2KD IO to remove the repel if they choose to, or they may like to keep the utility and leave the power as is.

The options are available to players to tune the power to their liking and we will not limit those options. The repel has utility and is thematic; it will not be removed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 15
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, Booper said:

I commend those who use this power as a tool for pushing enemies into the Storm Cell, however the repel is not there for this purpose. Jet Stream is a utility power used for safety, getting enemies further away from you. Many players will appreciate that ability, especially at early levels. Eventually players may no longer will want the utility and can choose to respec out of it, or slot a KB2KD IO to remove the repel if they choose to, or they may like to keep the utility and leave the power as is.

The options are available to players to tune the power to their liking and we will not limit those options. The repel has utility and is thematic; it will not be removed. 

Does the KB>KD conversion work on repel? It doesn't work on Ki Push or Hurricane's repel.

• Thumbs Down 1

Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

1 minute ago, ScarySai said:

If people are having that much issue with storm cell placement and jet stream repel, I'm inclined to say it's a skill issue that can be overcome with some practice. After some hours of testing, I got it down pretty well. It doesn't repel things in your cell, it's pretty good at keeping things in your cell, too.

I've already spoken on jet stream. I'd still prefer it not repel, but it's fine being able to slot the SA into it. The main issue was if it ONLY took the OF proc.

Regarding storm cell, you can't "skill" anything over it's pseudopet nature and movement speed, but you can "skill" a location power with a 30s recharge. And mentioned the kb form what i've seen seems mostly localized to the interaction with the nuke, but  that's ok i guess cause it's not as bad as meteor at least and you *can* s lot a kb-kd. The main issue is it's recharge and subsequent stats. Even if it still moved, that recharge needs lowered, shouldn't have to slot it for recharge for something that the set only really works with it there. Workable on a full build with recharge bonuses hasten etc, yeah helps, but the power shouldn't need that on it's own anyway for how it should work.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Wravis said:

Does the KB>KD conversion work on repel? It doesn't work on Ki Push or Hurricane's repel.

You've been told several times that it does, and the clip I posted earlier clearly shows this. Things in cell don't get repelled, and the kb>kd converter successfully removes the repel.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Booper said:

It does for this power.

Cool, thanks for clarifying!

8 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

You've been told several times that it does, and the clip I posted earlier clearly shows this. Things in cell don't get repelled, and the kb>kd converter successfully removes the repel.

Sorry I have a hard time hearing you when you're up there on your high horse.

The posts were all saying it takes knockback sets. Which means absolutely nothing when hurricane also takes knockback sets, can be slotted with KB>KD, and still repels.

Edited by Wravis
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Booper said:

It does for this power.

Right, i know we butt heads a lot, but i'm even saying that it's fine. would i prefer it not be there sure, but since the kb-kd removes it then you can at least do that so the option is there. Although I don't think it should seem that it completely REMOVES the knockdown outside of storm cell when you use the kb-kd, it hsould just turn it to KD as the IO obvoiusly implies (it's not a  toggle, any other aoe kb attack turns to knockdown without changing it's "chance to" for the power, that only does that in toggles.)

The main issue now is storm cell needing the shorter recharge, the rest of the set (besides still thinking hailstones and cloudburst shoudl be swapped for "oomph" feels, hail knock/animation feels like it should do more damage than a cloud with a little rain) cause it's just too crucial to have and not bother with it moving around etc.

Also feels like chain lightning would have knockdown on it's own (without needing storm cell), similar to how Imperious's power does.

Edit: spelling error that changed a word. RE-edit: giving props again to the animation team, it's visually spectacular! It needs the things I mentioned fixed, nuke is very lackluster but tolerable if storm cell gets fixed, but very excited for this to hit live with at least storm cell fixed.

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Thumbs Down 1

Like back on the nuke, with 26.5% damage slotted at 50, using aim before it, without storm cell, and it didn't even kill an even level minnion, that's REALLY bad without storm cell and other stuff attacking. Even with storm celll, aim and build up, it didn't even take half of a behemoth overlords health of even level. I get as you attack it interacts and should do more, but this does seem really odd. On def/corrs it's less of an issue, but this seems extra odd on a blaster who relies on alpha striking. But again, if they fix storm cell's recharge so you can use it more every mob, then the sets focus is more on that than the nuke whcih it's fun enough without the nuke, so the flavor difference I could tolerate. IT's definitely a nuke that seems to be more worthwhile on def/corrs.

• Thumbs Down 1

This is such a fun and unique power set.  I've had an absolute blast playing around with it on a Sentinel.  The lower cooldown on nuke meant I could run in, drop storm cell, drop the nuke then start blasting while everything bunched up around me and revel in the lightning and thunder crashing down every fight.

Now I'm sure that is not the *best* way to play but lord it was fun. I wouldn't mind seeing Storm Cell get a speed boost or be easier to recast as I did sometimes find myself waiting for it to catch up solo and can see how that could become a issue on a fast moving team.  

Edited by MirrorDarkly
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is a really cool set, i'm sure players will do a full storm theme toon (just to have one). But, I'm really betting this is going to be the new standard for Kins in the game.

I'm planning a Sentinel Storm Blast. LOVE for Sentinels getting this set and not have to wait this time.

I'm with a few that hopes that this leads to finally seeing wind control.

Is there thoughts on Epic Power Sets to complement Attack sets like these?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I feel like both Storm Cell and Cat 5 can work better using targeting macros (not suggesting they get changed, tho). Played a Storm/Storm Corruptor last night and between those two, Tornado, and Freezing Rain it's an awful lot of reticle-targeting that can really slow you down.

Yes, I would advice macro's too.  I can see wanting to cast around corners sometimes, so it's nice to have the flexibility to macro when you want and ground target when you want.  

You can set it up to do both with one function.

"powexecname power name$$powexeclocation target power name"

It will cast on the target if you have one, and become a reticle if you don't. I've been using these for every set that has ground target powers and it saves me a lot of headache.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having now had a chance to jump on and do just a little bit of preliminary investigation with a Storm/Electric Sentinel, I once again reiterate, now from personal experience that Storm Cell really seems like it needs to be Faraday Cage-y.  Even with the follow effect, it seems to do so very slowly and minimally (it would get to the mobs in melee with me and stop), and ironically, that just makes the repel even more problematic since it's more likely than anything to push enemies away/out of it.  It's also very hard to see, making it difficult to maneuver with.  Both of these things, as well as the problems with the cone attack, as others have noted, and more, just seem so much more straightforward to fix by simply making the core of the set more reliably useful.  The one positive point: I do greatly appreciate that it does not generate aggro by default, making it very convenient to set up, so big kudos on that. 

The set felt a little anemic but I was using only basic IOs, and I usually slot set stuff pretty heavily, so it's probably just that...or it might, again, be kind of an issue with Storm Cell being too unreliable. Gonna retry with my normal slotting habits when I have a bit more time.

For now: it's a gorgeous set (others have talked about how awesome the snipe animation looks: I absolutely agree, once of the coolest looking powers in the game), and a badass concept, but wasn't very fun to play.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's not a huge deal but I would advocate for making Storm Cell the third power in the set.  I know it's only a few levels (6 for the defender) but how you feel about storm cell makes or breaks the set and it seems like it should come as soon as possible. 

• Like 2