Elec/Regen build (advise welcome) needed

Wolfboy1

So here I am again after a pretty long hiatus but I came back when I found out they made some changes to Sentinels.  I have been doing pretty good thus-far (only lvl 31) and I like how he's progressing for the most part but I need something with a end of game build idea.  I really have no experience or in depth knowledge in how to create builds sadly with all the IO's available.

Ideally I would like to stay at ranged but have enough +def to be able to avoid both melee and ranged hits. I want hover and fly in the build and I do have Combat Maneuvers.  I plan on taking every power in the regen pool but if I should drop one it's not a huge loss.  With the Elec powers though, I tend to have ALL of the powers unlocked.  Frankly I like all of them and don't want to skip on any one of them if at all possible.  IF I need to remove the first power however as long as I have the second up due to faster recovery I can work with that.

Sorry if the post sounds needy/demanding.  I just wanted to give anyone out there as much info as I could in regards to what I am trying to achieve.  I would like damage to be as high as possible but if I have to sacrifice some for better defenses then so be it up to a point of course.  Epic pools are totally open to whatever.

Thank you in advance. :)

I don't think it sounds needy in anyway.

In fact, most of the times when people ask for builds, this is information that they leave out that is needed, and they get asked for it anyway, so bravo on that.

One of the other pieces of information that is helpful is, what do you want to do with your toon?

Will you be mostly solo? Never solo? Hunting AV's? Exemping, or post lvl 50 play only? Are there any powers you do not want? Are Purples ok? What about Winter Sets?

I'm getting ready to roll the same powersets on a Sent as well, as I am finishing up my journey on a Regen Brute, and want to compare the set between the different AT's due to how Sent version gets praised so much as the best between the AT's.

1 hour ago, Gobbledygook said:

I don't think it sounds needy in anyway.

In fact, most of the times when people ask for builds, this is information that they leave out that is needed, and they get asked for it anyway, so bravo on that.

One of the other pieces of information that is helpful is, what do you want to do with your toon?

Will you be mostly solo? Never solo? Hunting AV's? Exemping, or post lvl 50 play only? Are there any powers you do not want? Are Purples ok? What about Winter Sets?

I'm getting ready to roll the same powersets on a Sent as well, as I am finishing up my journey on a Regen Brute, and want to compare the set between the different AT's due to how Sent version gets praised so much as the best between the AT's.

Ahh, so many things I forgot! Okay let me answer those.

1. Mostly solo but teaming when I'm able too.

2. I'd love to go toe to toe with AVs, though I know that a few can be nigh impossible without the right build or even powerset.

3. Mostly post lvl 50.

4. Powers I dont want...this char. is pretty flexible so I would say no.

5. Purples are fine but I'd like a alt for them if possible (they pricey and I'm poor).

6. Winter sets are fine if that's the only option. (See #5).

I'm going to kick this off then with a build in the spoiler block below. It is not the perfect build, and it isn't going to do the maximum amount of damage (that isn't realistic with a small budget). 

However, it will accomplish a few goals: 

1) It pushes Ranged Defense to 46% which pairs really nicely with Hover to keep out of melee hits when practical to do so. 

2) The Accolades are active which add more to hit points and endurance. However, even without those the overall sustain is pretty good. 

3) You have all of the Regeneration powers. 

4) It illustrates where tradeoffs may need to be made in your parameters. 

Accolades are active which show the full potential on hit points and endurance sustain. Even without that, you'd have very respectable health recovery even without fully focusing on enhancing regeneration. The set as it is, ironically, is more about active click powers like Reconstruction than it is passive healing like Wolverine. Though, Instant Regeneration goes a long way to help with that with its absorb effect. 

16 minutes ago, oldskool said:

I'm going to kick this off then with a build in the spoiler block below. It is not the perfect build, and it isn't going to do the maximum amount of damage (that isn't realistic with a small budget). 

However, it will accomplish a few goals: 

1) It pushes Ranged Defense to 46% which pairs really nicely with Hover to keep out of melee hits when practical to do so. 

2) The Accolades are active which add more to hit points and endurance. However, even without those the overall sustain is pretty good. 

3) You have all of the Regeneration powers. 

4) It illustrates where tradeoffs may need to be made in your parameters. 

Accolades are active which show the full potential on hit points and endurance sustain. Even without that, you'd have very respectable health recovery even without fully focusing on enhancing regeneration. The set as it is, ironically, is more about active click powers like Reconstruction than it is passive healing like Wolverine. Though, Instant Regeneration goes a long way to help with that with its absorb effect. 

Reveal hidden contents

Oldskool, 

Appreciated (though I cant see the build being not near mids) but I will take a look later today. 

I get my budget is going to be a factor of course. As long as this build helps in getting to a point to do endgame stuff (or beyond) im happy. 

If possible, if influence isnt much of a factor, a build to go for would be nice but if this build as i said gets me to endgame and beyond I can work on building up my bank. :)

I'll have to work on getting those accolades. 

37 minutes ago, Wolfboy1 said:

If possible, if influence isnt much of a factor, a build to go for would be nice but if this build as i said gets me to endgame and beyond I can work on building up my bank. :)

If budget isn't a problem, then I'd significantly change many of the things in the build. I'll have to re-think things as I haven't played Regen in a while or even Electric. My bias, is to build more for damage because taking out enemies faster than they take you out is often a better strategy in this game than trying to win attrition. 

So, I'd likely leverage a LOT more recharge and then completely change slotting the attacks in order to squeeze out more optimal damage; defenses be damned (to an extent). Recharge can also be your defense with Regeneration because having your heals active more frequently works well. Leveraging Moment of Glory for alpha strikes, and later on taking up Barrier Destiny are also sound ways to just say "screw it" with defense stacking. 

If I have some time to tinker with an idea on it, I'll get around to it in a bit. 

1 hour ago, oldskool said:

If budget isn't a problem, then I'd significantly change many of the things in the build. I'll have to re-think things as I haven't played Regen in a while or even Electric. My bias, is to build more for damage because taking out enemies faster than they take you out is often a better strategy in this game than trying to win attrition. 

So, I'd likely leverage a LOT more recharge and then completely change slotting the attacks in order to squeeze out more optimal damage; defenses be damned (to an extent). Recharge can also be your defense with Regeneration because having your heals active more frequently works well. Leveraging Moment of Glory for alpha strikes, and later on taking up Barrier Destiny are also sound ways to just say "screw it" with defense stacking. 

If I have some time to tinker with an idea on it, I'll get around to it in a bit. 

Cant argue with that logic for the most part. Take them out before they take you out. 

Course then you fight that mob who seems to laugh at your pathetic attempts and waltzes on your faceplanted body...its rare but happens to me with alarming regularity it seems.  :)

i have rotten luck. :P

10 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

The best advice I can give you is to take Willpower instead, aka Regen v2.

Counterpoint A: Sentinel Willpower doesn't have scaling regen like its melee counterparts. This, plus the lack of melee IO sets to boost your S/L/M defenses makes it not translate very well. 

Counterpoint B: Sentinel Regen has some unique changes that make it more palatable compared to its melee counterparts, and hover-blasting can help with survivability. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

13 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Please No Regen all the way. Willpower will fold like paper with any Alpha damage. Regen with the Absorb, Heal, and Resistance.

2 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Counterpoint A: Sentinel Willpower doesn't have scaling regen like its melee counterparts. This, plus the lack of melee IO sets to boost your S/L/M defenses makes it not translate very well. 

Counterpoint B: Sentinel Regen has some unique changes that make it more palatable compared to its melee counterparts, and hover-blasting can help with survivability. 

Countercounterpoint 1: while Sentinel Regen is arguably better than others, it's still not great, swapping out +regen for a tiny amount of +absorb.

Countercounterpoint 2: if you're gonna be a hover-blaster you want to focus on ranged defense, not S/L/M.

33 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

While I respect your opinion I already have a regen and would like to play as one. I also personally do not like willpower as a powerset. I tried it and just didnt like it. If it worked for you thats great! I have no interest in it myself.