New Powerset: Quick (or something speedster themed)

5 minutes ago, Aida LaCanthe said:

If you say so. I still don't think we need another plain boring punching set. It's never going to have cooler animations than Street Justice already has -- which, I might add, many of Street Justice's animations are multi-impact even if they're not multiple damage packets. Street Justice visually feels very fast.

It could, though.  Incorporate the teleport attack from burst of speed, a flash-step-like attack as seen in vorpal judgement, a flurry-like attack, and others to flesh it out, and it could be awesome.  There's even an old martial arts multi-kick attack, IIRC, which if sped up, could work nicely for this set.

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Supertanker said:

How about Flurry changed to a cone attack, but moved to the third tier (need two other Speed powers to select)?

Then either move Whirlwind down to level 4 or add some new power, maybe a teleport-punch attack.

The thing is, I wouldn't want just a copy-paste of the powers.  What if this set's schtick was that many of the powers had charges, and didn't enter cooldown until you exhausted them - so you could fire off 3 flurries in rapid succession or something...

3 hours ago, biostem said:

The thing is, I wouldn't want just a copy-paste of the powers.  What if this set's schtick was that many of the powers had charges, and didn't enter cooldown until you exhausted them - so you could fire off 3 flurries in rapid succession or something...

I agree with you here, but at the moment I'd be fine with a copy/paste of certain powers with some minor tweaks to make them relevant for a primary power set. The main reason being that right now you have to cobble together those powers from multiple sets to make something passable when it'd be cool to have them be inherent and viable as a primary power set. Though it'd be nice if they could add some new and fun powers into it too!

• Thumbs Up 1