Am i wrong to want to leave these groups as soon as possible..?

Songseven

My philosophy:

Do you still get rewards at the end of the day? Did you get your merits? Did you get your IO if it's MC? Then WE won. I get folks may want to feel they contribute, but even on my tricked out toons I've been dusted before. It happens, but I also have to ask-are you the slowest one on the team? By that, I mean are you flying, literally, to each mob? My super speeder is already a mob over, not even because I want to smoke the map, but because....it's literally freaking super speed. Maybe most of the team has SS on or knows the mish and it's kind of second nature for them at that point(had that happen too for myself).

My personal gripe is that to me, it starts to feel like folks want to be the star of the show more often than not. I personally could care less if I'm making major contributions on individual mobs. Maybe my contribution is stealthing the glowie so that that player whose a dad can get back to his kids faster. I've helped speed along TFs/arcs so folks could get back to RL obligations, and honestly? That's FAR more rewarding than killing generic mob #4445656 or being recognized for some buff that, while helpful, wasn't exactly desperately needed in that moment. At least, that's just my opinion. I don't believe OP is like that, don't want to ascribe a personality type to anyone, just noticing on Excel folks throwing fits more often and quitting teams for asinine things, saw this thread, and found it a good opportunity to vent a bit.

Though a blaster popping insp on +0 is very concerning. It's +0, not HM.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

54 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

My philosophy:

Do you still get rewards at the end of the day? Did you get your merits? Did you get your IO if it's MC? Then WE won. I get folks may want to feel they contribute, but even on my tricked out toons I've been dusted before. It happens, but I also have to ask-are you the slowest one on the team? By that, I mean are you flying, literally, to each mob? My super speeder is already a mob over, not even because I want to smoke the map, but because....it's literally freaking super speed. Maybe most of the team has SS on or knows the mish and it's kind of second nature for them at that point(had that happen too for myself).

My personal gripe is that to me, it starts to feel like folks want to be the star of the show more often than not. I personally could care less if I'm making major contributions on individual mobs. Maybe my contribution is stealthing the glowie so that that player whose a dad can get back to his kids faster. I've helped speed along TFs/arcs so folks could get back to RL obligations, and honestly? That's FAR more rewarding than killing generic mob #4445656 or being recognized for some buff that, while helpful, wasn't exactly desperately needed in that moment. At least, that's just my opinion. I don't believe OP is like that, don't want to ascribe a personality type to anyone, just noticing on Excel folks throwing fits more often and quitting teams for asinine things, saw this thread, and found it a good opportunity to vent a bit.

Some people are actually trying to play the game and enjoy the experience. The playstyle you're describing is the absolute opposite of what I'm interested in. If I'm playing, I'm playing...not trying to rush, rush, rush to the next reward. If I have other things to do, I go do them.

Honestly the MUSTSPEEDGOFASTNOWGETMERITSDINGRATADINGRATZDINGRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is somrthing I absolutely hate. I hate farming too, but at leastthey're off in their own space doing their own things. The GOTTAGOFAST!!!!!1111!!1!11!!!!!1!!!!!! people getting on teams with me annoys the #$%^ out of me. I don't join any TF that is advertised as "Speed" and if someone joins one that was not advertised as such, I would expect that, out of common courtesy and respect for other players, that they would not treat it as such.

Edited by Judasace
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Seed22 said:

My philosophy:

i will use your post to respond as i feel there's a misunderstanding to the point i was trying to raise, maybe the title was giving the wrong impression..

guess was just expressing my disdain, when in a group where fold space and nuke being used to alpha most mobs on +0 

and curious if anyone finds that combination when in full groups tends to taint the enjoyment of rest of team.

• Thumbs Up 1

+0 often means never getting to use 90% of your abilities when your a powerful character, or getting minimal amounts of EXP and leveling to slowly for me to feel it worth my time.  It's a combination of the enemies just dying to quickly yet also giving way to little experience it feels like I just don't see the level bar move, even with double exp on a non 50.  Granted I don't mine 0 when it's speed running a taskforce/strike force, since then we can be done and get the merits at the end in record time.

It's however just less entertaining and actually lowers performance when everything is so weak you just don't get to use anything on the enemies.  It's like one punch man:  Saitama certainly has technique, but nothing ever lasts long enough for him to use 'any' of it when they all go down in a single punch.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2023 at 10:41 PM, Songseven said:

yeah,

don't mean to be sensitive lil' bitch about it, but kinda been making me log off last few,

was interested in others thoughts, but yea i understand what you saying..

There are many reason I quit the game. That is one of them. The way this game has been made so easy that Blasters can do what you witnessed is enough to just make you say, "What in the hell has happened to this game?" The apple has fallen FAR from the tree.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, tidge said:

I just dropped into to write: Inspirations are there to be used.

Yes, they are.  Storing 100+ inspirations in in-game e-mail and constantly using those however...

3 hours ago, Songseven said:

my point was more leaning towards the fold space/nuke..

I find Fold Space about as annoying as others find Group Fly.  Eight times out of ten, it's obnoxious.  "Why yes, why I don't I, the Blaster, use Fold Space on that group with the exploding Brickernaut and bring them here to everyone?"  Or "Why yes, we're on a TPN Trial and we should be keeping Technicians away from other mobs... but I'll just use Fold Space and bring Technicians over to the other mobs anyhoo."  I've seen both way more often than I'd care for.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Songseven said:

guess was just expressing my disdain, when in a group where fold space and nuke being used to alpha most mobs on +0 

and curious if anyone finds that combination when in full groups tends to taint the enjoyment of rest of team.

I am always surprised when I see players on large PUGs using Fold Space. This may be just me: I find it slows down most PUGs, because a teammate just stepped on my tactical awareness of the situation.  I can sort of see what a player is trying to do with the power, but it resonates a little too closely with old feelings of "wait while I herd the map". The only times it really bothers me:

• I'm using a placed effect, and now some fraction of the enemies are no longer in the area of effect.
  • I'm playing a character with single-target attacks, and my target just got yoinked away.

I never grief a PUGmate for using the power, but more often than not when I see Fold Space used, that's my sign to move onto the next spawn (or the target the mobs that Fold Space didn't catch).

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Only thing I ask, is if you enjoy using gold space - let us know.

I don’t mind waiting for you to use it before attacking or dropping debuffs.  
Only time it annoys me is when I don’t realize - of course after the first time, I usually wait and give whomever did it the opportunity to use it in every room

• Thumbs Up 1

That sort of egregious use of Fold Space without warning bothers me too, usually because it means I just wasted an AoE but I fortunately hardly ever see it.  I just exit the PUG after the current map is done.

This is also where I will extol the fun of (my personal build philosophy) BAMF Melee over Fold Space yet again, which relies on as many "jump attack" powers like Spring Attack, Shield Charge etc. that you can get.   It's far more fun to jump into someone's face rather than make them jump into yours.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

In short, no. 

You don't have to play with any team, regardless of level of difficulty, what they do, or how they play. You don't even need a reason or excuse. You done nothing wrong.

And speaking personally, I don't care to merely just observe or bear witness on a +0 of all things. If it was me, I would have spoke up to something akin to "Well, this doesn't seem to be much fun or a challenge. Let's turn up the difficulty, shall we?" And see how much of a "gogogogogo" they are on max difficulty. Most teams can still handle that though. And if anyone asked me, I would say the game could use a higher difficulty for those that do want to min/max and push it. 

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

This is also where I will extol the fun of (my personal build philosophy) BAMF Melee over Fold Space yet again, which relies on as many "jump attack" powers like Spring Attack, Shield Charge etc. that you can get.   It's far more fun to jump into someone's face rather than make them jump into yours.

I'm here too. I will say, using the Teleport Pool to help teammates keep up, and to grab runners making a mad dash, is VERY appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, tidge said:

I am always surprised when I see players on large PUGs using Fold Space. This may be just me: I find it slows down most PUGs

It's just not that useful on most of the common maps.  It's really only great when enemies are spread out all over the place and prefer ranged attacks, so they don't easily group up themselves.  Ironically, it's also one of the few scenarios where it actually saves time to let someone try to herd to a corner or pillar or something like that.  Think Praetorian sewer maps here.  The advantage FS has here is that you don't need anyone else's cooperation (which you 99% of the time won't get for the herd tactic).

But I can never justify taking it myself for only that one case.  In most other situations, it just doesn't help enough to justify the heavy investment.  And on top of that, I'd need a very high recharge build to make it something I can use every fight (or sometimes even every-other fight).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

It's just not that useful on most of the common maps.  It's really only great when enemies are spread out all over the place and prefer ranged attacks, so they don't easily group up themselves.  Ironically, it's also one of the few scenarios where it actually saves time to let someone try to herd to a corner or pillar or something like that.  Think Praetoria

The group I was thinking would offer the most consistent opportunity to be clustered are Praetorian Clockwork. In the Blueside missions that face them (in large spawns), they strike me as almost always being "too spread out".

• Like 1