Ill/SS stealth options

Zepp

Alright, I am playing with stealth options on my Illusion/Storm Summoning controller, and with three good options (not counting power pools), it is difficult to choose.

Breakdown:

Superior Invisibility

1.04 end/s

4.5% Defense (all) (suppressed by half when attacked)

200ft Stealth

-100% Threat

Group Invisibility

10.4 end (120s) -- 0.087 end/s

3.75% Defense (all) (suppressed by half when attacked) (group)

60ft Stealth (group)

-100% Threat (group)

Steamy Mist

0.52 end/s

3.75 Defense (all) (group)

15% Resistance (Energy, Fire, Cold) (group)

Strong Confusion protections (group)

35ft stealth (group)

Superior Invisibility is arguably the best stealth power in the game. The range and -threat make it possible to attack a mob while the mob standing next to him ignores you. That being said, it is the most endurance heavy of the three. It is also the only option that you can't share. Also, the defense bonuses are suppressed when attacked.

Group Invisibility is similar in strength, but only a third as powerful in terms of stealth and 83% as powerful for defense. It is very endurance-friendly but the defense bonuses are suppressed when attacked. This power, however, stacks with the others.

Steamy Mist is the best defensive choice as it has a broader spread of defensive options that are not suppressed when attacked. It also uses half the endurance of Superior Invisibility. On the other hand, it is weak as a stealth power.

Of course, there are also the Power Pool options, but which one do you think is the best option, and why? I'm really interested in what other people think of these options...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

For what it's worth, I took all three on my Ill/Storm.

I run Superior+Group while soloing and Group+Mist while teaming.

Soloing, I'm all about that Deceive and causing as much mischief as possible while letting the pets do the heavy lifting.  Teaming, I tend to not do much because people do not appreciate what */Storm brings to the table (I've had teams ask me to turn off Steamy Mist because it "lowers framerates."  Yes, I get that, but it also makes you just that little bit tougher...)

The good news about running all three options is that there're three of five spaces for the LotG 7.5%

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

I run Arctic Fog + Stealth IO on my Ill/Cold for full invisibility.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Superior Invisibility's -Thread is flagged in Mids/Pines as Suppressed when Attacked/Mission Click. So if you're going to do anything that will direct a mob's attention to you, like attacking anyone who attacks back, you will lose the -Threat. The -Threat from Group Invisibility remains.

Steamy Mist is too good a defensive power to skip just as a defense. The Stealth component is just a bonus.

That's why I took those two. Superior Invisibility is skippable, because you can get -Threat from Group, and +Def from the other two, and the End cost is really high. However, it can be a useful power to take just as a backup for stealthing missions or using a Confuse/Pets tactic, while mostly being useful as a LotG mule. For an Illusion/Storm, with so many major powers wanting a high Recharge, you really want to try to max out the 5 LotG +Recharge IOs.