Best archetype for Ice Armor

Sipps

18 hours ago, StriderIV said:

I adore my KM/Ice Armor Stalker. Ice Armor is best on Stalkers/Scrappers. The T9 they get, Icy Bastion, is amazing. Between Energy Absorption and Icy Bastion, you can get really tanky.

thanks for the response, i was thinking scrapper. any thoughts on spines or elec to pair with it

20 hours ago, Sipps said:

thanks for the response, i was thinking scrapper. any thoughts on spines or elec to pair with it

6 hours ago, nihilii said:

Spines/Ice has interesting synergy in that both sets have slow effects.

To be fair, Elec/Ice also synergises in end drain. But end drain has been nerfed pretty hard in one of the recent patches.

+1 to what @nihilii said! The double slow effects on Spines/Ice might make up a BIT for no taunt aura. Some of the spines cosmetics can look like Ice Blades as well.

Elec/ice does have nice synergy with the sapping.

The scrapper/stalker versions of Ice Armor should definitely be praised - Icy Bastion is a great replacer on DPS ATs - but I still want to give a shoutout to Tanker Ice Armor.

Anything that can softcap DEF on SOs is nothing to shake a stick at. It allows you way more freedom to bulk up in other areas that might otherwise go untouched. And as much as people dump on Hibernate, it does it's job really well: making sure you never die ever.

Not much is gonna stop an HP-capped softcapped Ice Tanker. For the things that could, you get an invincible Rest to get you back up to 100% while giving you time to let debuffs fall off. And you can have it up every 2 min or so with a decent amount of global recharge.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Ice armor is one of my faves.  I’ve made a bunch of scrappers, but some particularly good synergies are battle axe, kinetic melee, psionic melee.

EDIT:  Battle axe because it gives you lots of recharge if you slot for it, Axe Cyclone brings them in, and Chilling Embrace keeps them there.  Kinetic Melee because you stack -damage.  Psionic Melee because you stack -recharge.  Chilling Embrace is a wicked good power.  

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?