Accolade Guide: 4 Passive Bonuses

nojiyo

On 9/11/2019 at 7:26 AM, Hedgefund said:

Take a knee (that is - go into Rest) against a minion with no mez, like a CoT Guide (the one with the sword). 

Go afk for a long, long time.

By now my decision path is: 

If a lowbie (< 45) that I'm grinding levels with, then BiB.  

If a character I PLd to 50, then PJ

Do it inside a mission and you won’t auto log out.  Everyone has to sleep sometime, wake up to your badge.

• 3 weeks later

Re-posting my .txt with the following addendum - figured out with some finagling how to minimize travel on invader if the toon with the contact isn't in need of the badges:

The Invader locations seem to be more or less static so recommended procedure assuming a bot toon is at the contact:

1) IP with the toon getting invader entering PO using the east ferry.
2) Bot Assembles for Atlas and KR near the contact. (Sometimes need to abandon KR a couple times to get it here.)
3) Sky, Steel and FF are usually at the same location or can be abandoned to be. The location will either be the same as Atlas/KR or at the southwest corner. Take whichever comes first for sky. If SW corner bot uses his Team Transporter. Recommend actually completing Sky and Steel if toons aren't below level range to get the rez and team tp.
4) After sky abandon if necessary to get Steel and Founders to the door team is at.
5) Bricks - near the SW location. Travel normally if that's where team is. If still at contact now's the time for bot to use Team Transporter. Everyone should leave this mish via base macro or base teleporter.
6) Peregrine and Talos will both be in a location near the SG base porter exit.

Accolade_Guide_Forums_Revised.txt

This is fantastic.  I'm cut-n-pasting the OP into my google docs file of stuff I need to remember how to do on every new toon.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Now recommend Shauna Braun's vigilante arc for marcone kills. Last mish if you have the spawns turned up enough you get half of them just doing what the mission requires. Of course there's no wedding band at the end of the arc but there's also no annoying kill alls with roamers in the arc like Peebles.

• 1 month later
On 6/14/2019 at 5:17 AM, nojiyo said:

TASK FORCE COMMANDER / INVADER +Max HP

Only Exploration badges on villainside. You will need the Hero Slayer Badge. This gives a contact who gives all the mayhem missions on command. He is in Port Oakes. You need to kill 25 heroes to get the badge. You can do this by doing the LRSF, hunting heroes in Recluse’s Victory. Or the fastest way:
Go to Heroside to Brickstown, do the signature story arc, on the 3rd mission set it to -1x8. You’ll get the badge after completing this mission once.
Go to P2W Vendor and get the Reveal Power also get VidiotMaps if you haven’t already.
Now switch to villainside. Go to Port Oakes and talk to your new contact. Get each mayhem mission, use Reveal, and get the exploration badges. Easy.

Thanks for the guide, doing the Brickstown arc gives the Bloody Hands Badge not the Hero Slayer Badge though. I first thought it did not work when I finished the 3rd Mission.

• 3 weeks later

Thanks for being one of the only places i could find that actually helps find the Siege mission. And unless I'm missing something, I have vidiotmaps, but it doesn't tell you WHAT Zone to go in for each accolade. Would be nice if you broke it down to which zones for each accolade for the exploration/history badges rather than just aimlessly going in to each zone and looking for that tiny dark print on each map.

18 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Thanks for being one of the only places i could find that actually helps find the Siege mission. And unless I'm missing something, I have vidiotmaps, but it doesn't tell you WHAT Zone to go in for each accolade. Would be nice if you broke it down to which zones for each accolade for the exploration/history badges rather than just aimlessly going in to each zone and looking for that tiny dark print on each map.

Or you could just follow the links at Paragon Wiki?  That's always worked for me.  The Wiki tells you where everything is, and even gives you coordinates.  That combined with VidiotMaps is all I ever need.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Accolades

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 9/11/2019 at 3:24 AM, Vea said:

Perhaps - The Ironman badge seems difficult to get in my opinion. How would you suggest to get it?

Damage adds up in normal game play. But if you need to get it done sooner than it would happen otherwise:

Pop 3 good luck inspirations walk into some fire and use Rest. (at least that's how I roll)

It'll take a couple tries for Rest to activate without being interrupted.

Have done the afk in mission technique with just the right enemies wailing away. The above method is faster if you can survive.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

55 minutes ago, Troo said:

Damage adds up in normal game play. But if you need to get it done sooner than it would happen otherwise:

Pop 3 good luck inspirations walk into some fire and use Rest. (at least that's how I roll)

It'll take a couple tries for Rest to activate without being interrupted.

Have done the afk in mission technique with just the right enemies wailing away. The above method is faster if you can survive.

There were fires in the Maria Jenkins lab mish full of black swan enemies that would seem perfect for this.

• 3 months later
4 minutes ago, M3z said:

What????

ToHit is rolled and determined before the powers are animated, so if someone shoots you and rolls a hit, the animated blast will chase you, even if you run around a corner.  I fondly remember this as a newbie in I2 when I was trying to dodge Skull dark blasts in Perez Park.  The smoky skulls still come screaming around the corner to hit, even when I thought I would be safe (I was not, and died many times).  Good times... good times...

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
On 6/14/2019 at 12:20 PM, Adeon Hawkwood said:

Another good options is the Nemesis War arc in Ouroborus. If you set it to -1x8 you get about 25 fake nemesis per run.

Do you mean, "The Eternal Nemesis"?  Or "Nemesis Weather Control". 

Depending on your character's build, the SSA out of Steel is likely the best bet, simply because you can do it at 50 and have access to the incarnate powers. (you can also reduce the difficulty setting while you're in the first mission and proceed to finish the SSA for 20 fairly quick merits, once you've gotten the badge for clobbering the fakes. ) 

• 1 month later
On 6/13/2019 at 8:17 PM, nojiyo said:

FREEDOM PHALANX RESERVE / HIGH PAIN THRESHOLD +Max HP

Get this one on Heroes

Tank Buster (Freakshow Tanks): Hunt in Crey’s Folly or Terra Volta.
Gearsmasher (Clockwork Gears): Hunt in Echo: Faultline.
Unveiler (Fake Nemesis): Do Steel Canyon Signature Story Arc. Set to -1x8. Hunt Fake Nemesis in first mission. Repeat until you get the badge.
History and Explorations: Hopefully you have VidiotMaps by now.

Congratulations. If you’ve made it this far, you now have all 4 passive +HP and +END accolade bonuses. You are now able to properly compete in PvP and not use “No accolades” as an excuse. Thanks for reading, see you guys in game!

This is now considerably easier Villainside. Gangbuster only requires 200 Family minions or LTs. The debt badge required is only The Unbroken Spirit.

• 4 weeks later

After reviewing this guide again, I think an adjustment can be made with perhaps, some time saved. 

The original post stated doing an additional arc with Siege in the third mission.  You could do that...or you could simply complete the arc Maria Jenkin's gives you, and then ask her for another mission. 
There are more than a few that she'll give you - which you can simply abandon without penalty, and ask for another mission. Sometimes, they are the same mission, and sometimes, they are not. Eventually, maybe after 10 to 15 times of accepting/abandoning them you will get a single mission to defeat Siege. Additionally, if you can wait until level 50, there's always a BAF iTrial. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

The original post stated doing an additional arc with Siege in the third mission.  You could do that...or you could simply complete the arc Maria Jenkin's gives you, and then ask her for another mission. 

The name of the mission with Siege is "Take down the WarWorks"  and as I always do Marie's arc anyways I will start doing this as well.