What are you going to pair with Storm Blast when it goes live?

biostem

I am working the choices down currently on the test server.  I am steering into a close-in fighting mode (semi-Blappery) with the set so I am liking Storm/Atomic Blaster, Storm/Sonic Blaster, Storm/Darkness Blaster or Storm/Ice Corruptor.  Part of it is that I have a Generation 1 Stormie and several variations of electric so I didn't want to go over that ground.  BUt I also like the slight amount of frantic chaos i see with storm that makes being not a safe Sentinel as appealing.  Maybe its just me.

This weekend will likely have my mind made for me unless I read something here that really makes me go "ah ha!"

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I made a Storm/storm defender, because I like challenging things. Having no idea what I am stepping into because I never played a storm summoning character ever, even on live. Initial, very early impressions are: I will be soloing this character a lot; I will be respecing a lot ( I have 4 respec recipes sitting in email); using Blackwand and sands of mu to supplement early lack of damage; turning off green drops to leave more room for reds and yellows. I believe this might play a lot like my rad/water defender. Anchor's away.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I paired 7 friends with storm blast -a set that excells at spreading enemies apart- with my new beam rifle/devices blaster,  a power combo that shines when enemies are packed close together.  We ran DFB, posi 1&2,  and yin.  Hilarity ensued.

• Like 1

So far I’m about veteran level 15ish on two characters, Storm/Time Blaster and Storm/Storm Corruptor. The single target chain is fun. The AoE damage is lacking, mainly due to the nuke hardly kicking in at all until every other blaster set would’ve already finished the fight or until the mobs have already run out of the patch. The nuke not functioning as a nuke is the only real problem with the set IMO.

Edited by arcane

Still testing the waters

Storm/Ice Blaster

Storm/Atomic Blaster

Storm/Electric Sent

Storm/Storm Corrupter

All seem to have their good points and I am very much liking to solo clear speed.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I've been running a Storm/Cold Corrupter; Up to level 37 so far

It's visually a great character and Storm Cell, Sleet, and Cat 5 is a nice combo

And while I started a Storm Blast/Regen Sentinel, haven't even finished the tutorial yet

I'm running a storm/storm corrupter.  I'm loving it in the 30s, but starting out was a disaster.  I don't know how many hundreds of times I've run DFB for over 50 characters, but going in there with two gust powers and no KB-to-KD conversion until 18 (when the 21s become available) made for the roughest set of DFB trips I've ever had.  Now that he's in the high 30s, he's reminding me a lot of my ill/storm controller, but still different enough to make him interesting.

Storm/ninja blaster at level 39ish. Really fun and so many attacks that I uncharacteristicly skipped hasten. Did not realize ninja has that nice critical damage boost. It really is cool seeing the slow lightning snipe come out of the sky and critical hit.

Recently picked up snowstorm on my way to frozen armor and had not expected to actually use it, but man is it awesome to finally keep the baddies from running or flying out of the rains. It was epic against the croatoa mobs. Starting to consider build modifications to better slot snowstorm- was originally planning smashing/lethal/ranged soft cap w/ high for blaster regen and a smidgen of resistance for fairly cheap.

Complaints... well if you want a picky answer, its a bit of an end-hog somehow and slow to animate some attacks. Also even with keybinds the storm cell and cat 5 powers sometimes need me to click and place the power manually. Overall, the set is totally going to be a repeater for me - maybe as a corruptor next but I am actually looking forward to reining in those pesky harpies and reigning over them with the rainy rains of storm blast post-50.

Edited by VashNKnives

Has anyone noticed that their Storm Blast character being a priority target for mobs?

Was in a few missions with a tank & blaster, ambushes would run past the tank, shoot me, then go "Oh yea, tank"  And not my mission even.

Today, dualed with a Sentinel and after the sentinel shoots someone in a group, 1/2 the group shot me who is sitting further away in Arctic Mist and hadn't done anything.

3 hours ago, lemming said:

Has anyone noticed that their Storm Blast character being a priority target for mobs?

In the words of the immortal Kool-Aid: "Oh, yeah". 

To be fair, I saw it as the NPCs finally realizing who the real threat was, and that they needed to do something about it quickly.  Something of a backhanded compliment.

I really should, though, remember to target through the tank when that option exists.

3 minutes ago, Techwright said:

In the words of the immortal Kool-Aid: "Oh, yeah". 

To be fair, I saw it as the NPCs finally realizing who the real threat was, and that they needed to do something about it quickly.  Something of a backhanded compliment.

I really should, though, remember to target through the tank when that option exists.

the odd thing, I hadn't even done anything as was being stealthy.  or so I thought.   Probably thought I'd ruin their perm with the storm cloud

• Thumbs Up 1