Acid Mortar comes apart

srmalloy

It's not worth addressing as a bug that needs fixing, because I expect that it's a bug that it actually leaves missions at all, but if you have an Acid Mortar out when you exit a mission, between 50% and 75% of the time it will appear outside the mission with the base and turret sections side by side, rather than stacked. I have yet to exit a mission with an Acid Mortar to encounter mobs close enough for the Acid Mortar to target, so I don't know if it's still functional at that point. All told, I'd be happier with the Acid Mortar despawning on mission exit rather than pulling it out with me; that seems more appropriate to the power's visuals.

• Thanks 1

• Retired Developer

It will still work, as the base is just a visual component. I've gone ahead and fixed it anyway though. If it ever changes to allow for it to be teleported by the team like some other pets, the visuals won't be broken as a bonus.

I couldn't fit the teleport pool into the build for my Grav/Traps Controller, so I had no way to test whether it would do the same thing if teleported (if it could be teleported), but I figured that it was such a corner case that it wasn't worth poking at -- between its recharge and its lifespan, it's easier just to drop a new one. If it stayed up longer, then whether it could be teleported might be worth knowing (or discussing as a possible mod to the powerset).