Fire farm follower build.. ice/kin or fire/kin?

Emprad

I realized I was typing a lot so here's a fast version but it would help if you still read through please.. Whats better in a farm setting, rain of fire and inferno or ice storm and blizzard?

Now the long part.. By farm follower build I mean that I will be dual boxing, mainly controlling my brute and have the /kin targeting through me on follow, following me so I can click powers in that toons window when I need.

Now for the reason I'm posting this.. as a farm follower build I will not be very active on this toon, I will only be using the kin powers to buff my brute while throwing out a rain and a nuke on rech, maybe the highest ST attacks to take down straggler EBs faster, I don't know if i would be able to keep up with my brute and more than that on the corr anyway. I know fireball would automatically make fire better for burst aoe if i planned on using it but i dont think i would be while buffing and focusing on my brute and throwing out rain and nuke on rech. So considering I would only be using the rain and nuke, sometimes a ST for a straggler EB that didn't die from AoEs, which is better in a farm setting? Rain of fire and inferno and ice storm and blizzard? Thinking about how each power works and that it will be in a farm setting with huge groups of baddies that keep flooding in and can take a lot of sustained aoe to kill quick.

Inferno, instant burst with some DoT, scourge doesn't really affect this power much and its a instant burst instead of a sustained rain like blizzard that can stay there and keep damaging baddies that walk into it.

Or blizzard, the two things that makes blizzard win in my eyes for a farm setting is that it scourges and its a rain that stays around and keeps damaging/scourging/killing baddies whereas inferno in just a quick burst with some dot.

I know that if I was building a active /kin corr that fire/ would be the best for aoe just because of fireball but take fireball out of the equation and think about it being a farm follower that just buffs and uses rain and nuke.. Whats your opinions? Thank you! 

I'll edit this and post my build in like 30 mins for whoever wants to see it. Not at home right now to access mids..

Edited by Emprad

4 hours ago, Spankea said:

I'd go with fire/kin unless you plan to do a lot of ITF/ASF 4* content then go ice/kin.  Regular 54 mobs die quick enough to make fire great.

No tfs or anything, like I said in my OP it's for a fire farm following build, nothing else. I was thinking also in a farm setting where there's tons of mobs bunched close together and they keep flooding in that the 15 sec duration of blizzard combined with scourge would be pretty deadly. It's easy to kill 1 mob fast but when you have 6 mobs closing in its a bit different.

• 1 month later
On 4/19/2023 at 4:04 AM, Emprad said:

No tfs or anything, like I said in my OP it's for a fire farm following build, nothing else. I was thinking also in a farm setting where there's tons of mobs bunched close together and they keep flooding in that the 15 sec duration of blizzard combined with scourge would be pretty deadly. It's easy to kill 1 mob fast but when you have 6 mobs closing in its a bit different.

A follower /kin will really just have fulcrum shift on auto so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 4/18/2023 at 11:21 PM, Spankea said:

I'd go with fire/kin unless you plan to do a lot of ITF/ASF 4* content then go ice/kin.  Regular 54 mobs die quick enough to make fire great.

This is interesting to me. I've been contemplating a Fire/Kin because people tell me what an awesome "force multiplier," they are, but I really want him for TF's. If that's his inteded purpose, you think Ice/ is better? Mind if I ask why?

ice has a good single target attack chain with a couple mag 3 holds in it.

it also has 2x rains.  no snipe. decent breath attack (same deal as fire ine explained below)

fire has a snipe, a rain, a cone people skip but that hits HARD, and also is decent if you have global range + put artillery set in it.  short cd, good coverage like that... fire breath clutch imo.

you are close for fulcrum shift optimally. this lends well with either T9. pbaoe in fire, a wherever rain in ice.

spacer.png

it is a force multiplier because you, as corruptor, are granting end (with transference), health (with transfusion), damage (with fulcrum shift and siphon power), and recharge (with siphon speed for you and speed boost for team) to your team. you can also grant status benefits and mild mitigation with inrease density, often overlooked.

you will end up damage capped, like your teammates, and want to keep that going.

so, doing damage - you typically want to do a lot. ideally quickly, because /kin is a very active secondary. you are casting a lot, and improving your recharge with siphon speed, to get in a cycle to be able to deliver damage cap with fulcrum shift. that on repeat and end recharge to keep repeating.

fire is snappy, pew. dots that scourge (corruptor inherent chance for double damage) can go off on dot ticks. this affects fire and to lesser extent ice (and works great on rains)...

fire will get you more mileage, but thats purely my opinion, kupo.

Edited by honoroit

20 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

This is interesting to me. I've been contemplating a Fire/Kin because people tell me what an awesome "force multiplier," they are, but I really want him for TF's. If that's his inteded purpose, you think Ice/ is better? Mind if I ask why?

4* content favors ice because of the utility.  You have holds and are able to proc more powers.  Regular content fire is great because it has burst dps.  If the mobs die so fast you just want burst dps.

On 7/17/2023 at 8:43 AM, Spankea said:

4* content favors ice because of the utility.  You have holds and are able to proc more powers.  Regular content fire is great because it has burst dps.  If the mobs die so fast you just want burst dps.

Thanks for answering. Have a build that works well at that lvl by chance?