Base Contest Announcement!

Dacy

Base Contest Community Choice Voting  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which base do you feel deserves the Community Choice Award for 2023? (Bases listed alphabetically by shard)

• Crash Castle CRASHCASTLE-26019 Everlasting
    • The Dark Coven DARKCOVEN-5519 Everlasting
    • The Deep Star DEEP-16353 Everlasting
    • Dryad's Tree DRYAD-20249 Everlasting
    • Lake EXPLOREONFOOT-20176 Everlasting
    • Firebrand Island FORTUNE-13524 Everlasting
    • Hidden Isle PIRATE-16369 Everlasting
    • Lava. LAVA-24772 Everlasting
    • Rampage City RAMPAGE-27317 Everlasting
    • Vault Luxe VAULTLUXE-17647 Everlasting
    • The Divine DIVINE-1512 Excelsior
    • Shades of Arachnos 315-6811 Excelsior
    • The Station STATION-18074 Excelsior
    • Super Nation SN-9845 Excelsior
    • Wild West All-Stars WWAS-16037 Excelsior

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, Eleventeen said:

Ummm...

Shouldn't people be encouraging others to look at all the bases and vote for which they feel deserves it?

That's the way it should be, don't think that is what happened though, but that's how polls like this roll. I think Crash deserved more than one vote 😞

Edited by Romeyn
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Eleventeen said:

Ummm...

Shouldn't people be encouraging others to look at all the bases and vote for which they feel deserves it?

Optimally, yes, and I ABSOLUTELY DID. But there's a lot of people who really aren't that interested in bases or contests but were willing to trust my judgment and screenshots to vote for a base's awesomeness! I personally toured EVERY base in the Community Choice category. There were a lot of nice bases. Some had issues with a 8' tall demon moving around. Some had features that were immersion-breakers.  Some were just...in my opinion, kind of odd. But my friends were willing to trust my judgment because they either: a) did not have time to visit the bases for themselves, or b) had no interest in doing so but we're willing to take the time to validate MY choice because they liked the screenies, my descriptions, etc. and because they are my friends.

Look at the number of folks who voted. I suspect there are a lot of folks just want to play the game without getting involved with bases. Some don't care for RP and thus most of the features of a well-built base are lost on them. But they still have accounts and thus votes -  and as friends, were willing to support my love for my personal favorite RP destination. 

Do you think every alt account toured every base?   ;)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 6

20 minutes ago, Romeyn said:

That's the way it should be, don't think that is what happened though, but that's how polls like this roll. I think Crash deserved more than one vote 😞

It was very hard to vote between the ones I saw. I didn't have the judges' rubric but had my own rubric. Was it easy to navigate? Did it have good RP features? Was it believable? The Crash one was number 3 on my list.  :( But sadly we could only vote for one.  I loved something about all of them but one. 

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Romeyn said:

Thank you, whether or not you were the one who voted for Crash Castle!

Win or lose, I had a lot of fun making it and the contest has given me a little push to maybe actually use it as a club space.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, DawL said:

Optimally, yes, and I ABSOLUTELY DID. But there's a lot of people who really aren't that interested in bases or contests but were willing to trust my judgment and screenshots to vote for a base's awesomeness! I personally toured EVERY base in the Community Choice category. There were a lot of nice bases. Some had issues with a 8' tall demon moving around. Some had features that were immersion-breakers.  Some were just...in my opinion, kind of odd. But my friends were willing to trust my judgment because they either: a) did not have time to visit the bases for themselves, or b) had no interest in doing so but we're willing to take the time to validate MY choice because they liked the screenies, my descriptions, etc. and because they are my friends.

Look at the number of folks who voted. I suspect there are a lot of folks just want to play the game without getting involved with bases. Some don't care for RP and thus most of the features of a well-built base are lost on them. But they still have accounts and thus votes -  and as friends, were willing to support my love for my personal favorite RP destination. 

Do you think every alt account toured every base?  😉

Wait, did you vote with your alt accounts?

Edited by Master_Minion

28 minutes ago, DawL said:

Just straight up admitting to rigging the vote and telling your friends to validate your choices, huh.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, DawL said:

What the fuck, lmao.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

Win or lose, I had a lot of fun making it and the contest has given me a little push to maybe actually use it as a club space.

Crash is solid work my man, I know a few friends that'd love to go there if you open it up. It's at least gonna be used for some informal RP.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DawL said:

This was a base contest.

Don't tell them to vote.

Especially if they aren't going to look at the bases.

On 4/20/2023 at 3:06 AM, Dacy said:

Visit the bases, please, and then vote

Edited by Wravis
  • Thumbs Up 3

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

1 hour ago, DawL said:

I was listed as one of the judges, but IRL issues prevented me from being able to tour many bases at all, let alone weigh in as a judge - so I stepped down from it - I didn't feel right tossing in my votes when I was unable to look at even a portion of the wonderful bases submitted. 

With that in mind, I don't really think I have to put in words how actually yucky what you just said was - flat-out admitting that you had friends vote for the one you wanted just because "I asked them to and they blindly went along with it" goes against the entire spirit of a base contest. When my base was up for one of these things, there wasn't a single person I linked it to that I didn't say "Please don't vote until you've seen all the bases, and if you like another one more than mine, please vote for that one instead". Turning it into a popularity contest, and even admitting you had -alt accounts- to weigh in on the judging, is so extremely distasteful. I'm hoping that part was some kind of joke.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, DawL said:

Genuine circus music playing rn

2 hours ago, PoptartsNinja said:

Your base got huge points with me for the gritty atmosphere. I could just picture it filled with happy Freakshow partying it up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Master_Minion said:

Crash is solid work my man, I know a few friends that'd love to go there if you open it up. It's at least gonna be used for some informal RP.

I would love to RP in Crash Castle and DEEP sometime. 

Deep was very pretty.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DawL said:

Saying as I check in after lunch:

Do you have, like, literally any idea that what you just said and supposedly did is not only an insult to every builder on that list, but very specifically to Luxe's builder, who you blatantly announced rigging the vote for?

Especially since Easter Bunny's ineligible for rewards! The viewing of the base, the community getting together, and the kudos from the people who saw it are the only reward there - and coming out to say something to the effect of "not everybody cares about bases, but I made sure my friends voted for the one I liked :)" pretty much just invalidates all of it and makes the situation exceptionally weird and contentious when it otherwise shouldn't have to be - the neck-and-neck nature of the poll this time was super entertaining but not serious, even when the lead inflated in the last minute.

To some extent, given this is the internet, poll rigging, using alt accounts, and withholding votes until the last second is expected behavior, but I imagine some of us - like me, I love checking in on the base contests - were content in knowing that despite that, people were at least voting after having seen the bases for themselves, especially after EXPLICIT instruction was given to go and see them for ourselves and vote then.

Nevermind the fact that giving only descriptions and screenshots to your friends based solely on your 'good taste' is fundamentally biased, we literally can not prove you did anything you just said, nor how you said it, nor how you took the screenshots, nor how your friends perceived any of it, nor how many of you voted on alt accounts, etc.

In ANY OTHER INSTANCE, because come on, it's a community vote and not Miss Universe, you could end up getting an official disqualification slapped on the poor builder by announcing what you just did, and I doubt anybody wants to be the winner by technicality after that. But even without a disqualification, just spiritually it feels really bad for everyone, dude. I was happy to see Luxe win, but knowing the shadiness of it robs some of the sparkle and makes me, personally, not want to bother with observing future base contests, and it's basically one of the only things keeping me interested in sticking around the server.

Just - the immense tomfoolery of what you posted, not once, but three times, boggles my mind and actually upsets me.

Edited by Macchiato
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Master_Minion said:

Wait, did you vote with your alt accounts?

That's NOT what I said. That was me, being snarky. Someone mentioned alt votes before and I was just pointing out that it's not likely that EVERY vote for EVERY base "toured them all". 

13 minutes ago, DawL said:

That's NOT what I said. That was me, being snarky. Someone mentioned alt votes before and I was just pointing out that it's not likely that EVERY vote for EVERY base "toured them all". 

Fair, at least there's that, but you said it multiple times and then still said the rest and that's still really sour and not entirely in the spirit of the poll in my opinion. Like, yeah, we can't know how many of those are alts, but it's in poor taste to joke like that and then follow it up with what you actually said. Do you see how that could be construed how it was? Let alone the fact that, honestly, having your friends check your photos and vote without actually visiting the bases is less in the spirit of it than actually dumping alt accounts into the vote, imo. At least the alt accounts had enough passion and investment to check the bases, lmao. Probably.

In fact, we live in the video game streaming era, you could have literally said "I streamed it for my friends who couldn't get ingame" and it would have gotten a genuinely supportive response. It's relatable, I literally have people who get in touch with me to stream their building or their creations when I can't or don't feel like getting online.

Edited by Macchiato

18 minutes ago, Macchiato said:

Fair, at least there's that, but you said it multiple times and then still said the rest and that's still really sour and not entirely in the spirit of the poll in my opinion. Like, yeah, we can't know how many of those are alts, but it's in poor taste to joke like that and then follow it up with what you actually said. Do you see how that could be construed how it was? Let alone the fact that, honestly, having your friends check your photos and vote without actually visiting the bases is less in the spirit of it than actually dumping alt accounts into the vote, imo. At least the alt accounts had enough passion and investment to check the bases, lmao. Probably.

In fact, we live in the video game streaming era, you could have literally said "I streamed it for my friends who couldn't get ingame" and it would have gotten a genuinely supportive response. It's relatable, I literally have people who get in touch with me to stream their building or their creations when I can't or don't feel like getting online.

I did NOT STREAM it for friends. I was in a FRIEND'S stream for a while HE toured the bases (and watched/listened aka lurked in his entire stream until I went to bed). I told the folks who MY favorite was but said if they wanted a quick way to see all the bases to decide for themselves, go to (sent link to his VOD) because it covered ALL of them (and you can scrub through a video). Now... that being said, the streamer had different opinions and liked OTHER bases, and I didn't care if the person sided with them and voted for the other base because in the end (with the exception of my family members who I assume not to be lying to me) I have NO IDEA how anyone except for myself actually voted. I just know I pointed out which one I liked, and made several points as to why. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Macchiato said:

INLINE: 

Saying as I check in after lunch:

Do you have, like, literally any idea that what you just said and supposedly did is not only an insult to every builder on that list, but very specifically to Luxe's builder, who you blatantly announced rigging the vote for?

TOTALLY NOT WHAT I SAID. Did I ask friends to go look at the bases and vote? Yep. 

Especially since Easter Bunny's ineligible for rewards! The viewing of the base, the community getting together, and the kudos from the people who saw it are the only reward there - and coming out to say something to the effect of "not everybody cares about bases, but I made sure my friends and alt accounts voted for the one I liked :)" pretty much just invalidates all of it and makes the situation exceptionally weird and contentious when it otherwise shouldn't have to be - the neck-and-neck nature of the poll this time was super entertaining but not serious, even when the lead inflated in the last minute.

I have no connection to Easter Bunny. I was not shilling no EB's behalf. I was not asked to promote or encourage others to vote. I just asked FRIENDS if they voted. Many answered that they were not going to vote, so I told them about the contest and even took some to see a particular base that I thought was better than all the others. You twisting what I said to make it an ad hominem attack isn't going to make it the truth.

To some extent, given this is the internet, poll rigging, using alt accounts, and withholding votes until the last second is expected behavior, but I imagine some of us - like me, I love checking in on the base contests - were content in knowing that despite that, people were at least voting after having seen the bases for themselves, especially after EXPLICIT instruction was given to go and see them for ourselves and vote then.

I encouraged EVERYONE TO GO SEE THE BASES. Some simply did not want to bother. You have to know that in ANY contest people are more inclined to vote for their friend's bases (or whatever is being voted on). I participated in a friend's stream where ALL the bases were toured. I pointed MANY OF MY FRIENDS to that STREAM VOD IF THEY WANTED A QUICK WAY TO SEE THE BASES. I have no way of knowing, actually WHICH BASE any of them (except family members) voted for.  So again... you are twisting what was said and trying to turn it into a personal attack. 

Nevermind the fact that giving only descriptions and screenshots to your friends based solely on your 'good taste' is fundamentally biased, we literally can not prove you did anything you just said, nor how you said it, nor how you took the screenshots, nor how your friends perceived any of it, nor how many of you voted on alt accounts, etc.

See above. And for the record, where did I state I gave "only descriptions" of ANY one base? That's absolutely not true. I even took some friends to LOOK at a few bases. Including the one I hoped they'd vote for. In the end - except for my family members - I don't know if they voted or not. But I am just saying it's better to get FRIENDS TO VOTE than to vote for your own base with a bunch of alt accounts (which was what I took the post I to which I was responding, to mean. 

In ANY OTHER INSTANCE, because come on, it's a community vote and not Miss Universe, you could end up getting an official disqualification slapped on the poor builder by announcing what you just did, and I doubt anybody wants to be the winner by technicality after that. But even without a disqualification, just spiritually it feels really bad for everyone, dude. I was happy to see Luxe win, but knowing the shadiness of it robs some of the sparkle and makes me, personally, not want to bother with observing future base contests, and it's basically one of the only things keeping me interested in sticking around the server.

So even though you state you can not prove ANYTHING, you feel justified in coming here, twisting my words, and trying to make it look like I was out to rig the contest? Right. So while you're at it, why not consider how many of these accounts in this discussion are brand new, chomping on the sour grapes, and worrying about ME telling folks about the contest, showing them several bases, and pointing out the best features and explaining why I voted for the one I did, is any different than what a certain other base with lots of votes did. 

Just - the immense tomfoolery of what you posted, not once, but three times, boggles my mind.

There's no tomfoolery. I actually SHOWED the bases - ALL OF THEM to some (family), I sent links to a VOD to others. If people choose to trust my opinions and reasons for preferring one, that should be THEIR business, not yours, or anyone elses. Are you going to say you believe every single other vote was a person who TOURED EVERY BASE? Riiiight......

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, DawL said:

I did NOT STREAM it for friends. I was in a FRIEND'S stream for a while HE toured the bases (and watched/listened aka lurked in his entire stream until I went to bed). I told the folks who MY favorite was but said if they wanted a quick way to see all the bases to decide for themselves, go to (sent link to his VOD) because it covered ALL of them (and you can scrub through a video). Now... that being said, the streamer had different opinions and liked OTHER bases, and I didn't care if the person sided with them and voted for the other base because in the end (with the exception of my family members who I assume not to be lying to me) I have NO IDEA how anyone except for myself actually voted. I just know I pointed out which one I liked, and made several points as to why. 

That's not what you said. You said your friends voted for the base you told them to, and the results show, considering the 20 vote spike Vault Luxe got right before the end.

3 hours ago, DawL said:

Optimally, yes, and I ABSOLUTELY DID. But there's a lot of people who really aren't that interested in bases or contests but were willing to trust my judgment and screenshots to vote for a base's awesomeness!

3 hours ago, DawL said:

But my friends were willing to trust my judgment because they either: a) did not have time to visit the bases for themselves, or b) had no interest in doing so but we're willing to take the time to validate MY choice because they liked the screenies, my descriptions, etc. and because they are my friends.

3 hours ago, DawL said:

You said multiple times your friends didn't look because they had no interest.

Edited by Wravis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

I'm going to be entirely honest about this weird voting drama. The fact that both Luxe and Rampage were neck-and-neck this whole poll was actually pretty fun. Both bases are super unique and outside the box and show you new ways on what you can do with the base creator. They both deserved the votes. So, it just kind of sucks the fun out of my amazingly important spectating pleasure to see a bunch of votes curve the contest in the last minutes of the poll. 

But I guess like idk well done?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is what's playing inside this thread the moment that post went up.

EDIT: I should clarify this is about DawL's post of admission of trying to vote-bomb the poll.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble