Base Contest Announcement!

Dacy

Base Contest Community Choice Voting  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which base do you feel deserves the Community Choice Award for 2023? (Bases listed alphabetically by shard)

• Crash Castle CRASHCASTLE-26019 Everlasting
    • The Dark Coven DARKCOVEN-5519 Everlasting
    • The Deep Star DEEP-16353 Everlasting
    • Dryad's Tree DRYAD-20249 Everlasting
    • Lake EXPLOREONFOOT-20176 Everlasting
    • Firebrand Island FORTUNE-13524 Everlasting
    • Hidden Isle PIRATE-16369 Everlasting
    • Lava. LAVA-24772 Everlasting
    • Rampage City RAMPAGE-27317 Everlasting
    • Vault Luxe VAULTLUXE-17647 Everlasting
    • The Divine DIVINE-1512 Excelsior
    • Shades of Arachnos 315-6811 Excelsior
    • The Station STATION-18074 Excelsior
    • Super Nation SN-9845 Excelsior
    • Wild West All-Stars WWAS-16037 Excelsior

This poll is closed to new votes

I would say in my opinion and my opinion only this only proves that any future community vote can be derailed by those yelling foul with no real evidence.  There was no solid rubric on a "community" choice and was left to individuals taste and opinions. It also seems that this backlash and outcry only happened when a favored base lost. There were no grumblings from anyone when it appeared Rampage was always up by at least three. This honestly has shattered my faith in this community as a whole. And, i'm curious the codes given out will they be the same or individual to each person? Because if we're concerned about collusion and getting out the vote people can just share the code between friends and alt accounts.

Edited by Hammyfly
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Hammyfly said:

I would say in my opinion and my opinion only this only proves that any future community vote can be derailed by those yelling foul with no real evidence.  There was no solid rubric on a "community" choice and was left to individuals taste and opinions. It also seems that this backlash and outcry only happened when a favored base lost. There were no grumblings from anyone when it appeared Rampage was always up by at least three. This honestly has shattered my faith in this community as a whole. And, i'm curious the codes given out will they be the same or individual to each person? Because if we're concerned about collusion and getting out the vote people can just share the code between friends and alt accounts.

12 hours ago, DawL said:

Or a fan girl pinging and sending screenies to friends and asking them to vote for her fave.  😉

There was a public outcry after DawL admitted to getting her friends to vote at the last minute for her fave. It's not about Rampage losing. It's about someone dumping votes at the last second to get her favorite to win.

2 minutes ago, Evercent said:

There was a public outcry after DawL admitted to getting her friends to vote at the last minute for her fave. It's not about Rampage losing. It's about someone dumping votes at the last second to get her favorite to win.

Do we know who she was campaigning for? I can say IU heard of an organized effort from someone pushing Rampage just based on concept. All i ever heard form Vault Luxe was check out the bases and vote. Do we know who the favorite was? And I know someone else who replied earlier in this thread who admitted to pushing the vote for Rampage out of spite for a completely different base as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hammyfly said:

Do we know who she was campaigning for? I can say IU heard of an organized effort from someone pushing Rampage just based on concept. All i ever heard form Vault Luxe was check out the bases and vote. Do we know who the favorite was? And I know someone else who replied earlier in this thread who admitted to pushing the vote for Rampage out of spite for a completely different base as well. 

It's pretty obvious from context clues which her favorite was, especially if you consider the post she replied to with that fave comment. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see the connection. Can you quote the post about the person pushing Rampage out of spite? I don't see it. 

9 minutes ago, Evercent said:

It's pretty obvious from context clues which her favorite was, especially if you consider the post she replied to with that fave comment. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see the connection. Can you quote the post about the person pushing Rampage out of spite? I don't see it. 

yuiop.jpg

Replying directly to the fact that they pushed Rampage. I won't out the discord or person. I have some morals if not many. And what proof do you have of the context of what votes were dumped or where?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Hammyfly said:

And what proof do you have of the context of what votes were dumped or where?

12 hours ago, DawL said:

Or a fan girl pinging and sending screenies to friends and asking them to vote for her fave.  😉

12 hours ago, DawL said:

But they still have accounts and thus votes -  and as friends, were willing to support my love for my personal favorite RP destination. 

Do you think every alt account toured every base?  😉

BIG BOLD is the context.

Edited by Wravis
  • Thumbs Up 1

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

2 minutes ago, Wravis said:

BIG BOLD is the context.

Then by that logic we should exclude any base with an rp tag?

1 minute ago, Evercent said:

Rampage and Vault Luxe were 68/71 in the last few minutes. Someone made a comment about Vault Luxe suddenly getting votes pushing it to 80 in the last few minutes. DawL replied to that comment as follows:

image.png

That's a huge assumption were there other bases that also saw jumps at the end ot the voting? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hammyfly said:

Then by that logic we should exclude any base with an rp tag?

That's a huge assumption were there other bases that also saw jumps at the end ot the voting? 

There were not.

And it's not a huge assumption if you know anything about DawL.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

Just now, Wravis said:

There were not.

And it's not a huge assumption if you know anything about DawL.

I don't though. My original point to all of this was there was an effort by other people while voting was going on to push Rampage. This only seemed to been an issue when Rampage lost the vote. No one seemed to take notice during only after.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hammyfly said:

I don't though. My original point to all of this was there was an effort by other people while voting was going on to push Rampage. This only seemed to been an issue when Rampage lost the vote. No one seemed to take notice during only after.

No one noticed until the morning when people were awake to notice. No one said anything until people did say something.

And then people admitted to fudging votes.

You can't notice "during" when they are dumped at the last minute before the polls close.

Edited by Wravis

The votes were cast. All parties had access to the same methodology and practices. Seeing this delayed to appease a vocal and 'political' group of individuals is disheartening. I visited every base in my limited time and cast my vote. To see that it's effectively not important and that I may possibly have to go through the process again, something I may not have time for, makes me wonder what the point of hosting this contest was.

Vault Luxe won by the criteria put forward. If that's a problem then change the rules to exclude bases like that in future contests. I don't think that's necessarily legitimate because it would possibly be invalidating a potential swath of entrants depending on the criteria you put in place but it is what it is.

Change the rules for the next contest moving forward rather than try to appease what is clearly an already inflamed issue. It's only going to spark more problems as is, at least with a new contest there will be a clean slate and you can refine the rules as you need to prevent this from occurring again.

I for one am disinclined from participating in these community events based on all of this, doubly so for the fact that it has to be 'redone'.

Thank you for the monumental effort and energy that went into this, CR's. It's a shame how it all ended.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

No one noticed until the morning when people were awake to notice. No one said anything until people did say something.

And then people admitted to fudging votes.

You can't notice "during" when they are dumped at the last minute before the polls close.

So it would have been all right a few days before to campaign the vote? Just not the last day?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hammyfly said:

So it would have been all right a few days before to campaign the vote? Just not the last day?

It wasn't a campaign to vote. Did you not read the thread before you came to whine?

Someone posted insinuating that they pinged some friends to dump a lot of votes on their base of preference right before the end. They implied there was use of alt accounts to pad the numbers. They confirmed that their friends did not look at the bases. They only voted for the base they were told to vote for.

It spat in the spirit of the competition, and it was done so soon before the end of the voting that no one noticed until the morning.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Evercent said:

No. If they publically admitted to fudging the votes days before it ended, people would have reacted the same way and likely gotten the poll closed anyway.

So we close the vote and walk away since we can't have nice things. This new criteria honestly i'm not sure i can do due to my retail schedule and randomness of my weekly schedule. My vote now is in question if i can even make it., That's exclusionary over someone not likeing a result.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Wravis said:

It wasn't a campaign to vote. Did you not read the thread before you came to whine?

Someone posted insinuating that they pinged some friends to dump a lot of votes on their base of preference right before the end. They implied there was use of alt accounts to pad the numbers. They confirmed that their friends did not look at the bases. They only voted for the base they were told to vote for.

It spat in the spirit of the competition, and it was done so soon before the end of the voting that no one noticed until the morning.

No one noticed that when Vault Luxe would get a single vote up, Rampage would get one or two votes up to counter it. This happened for daaaaaays. Cause it was weird when i voted and there seemed to be a corresponding vote. Then it happened again. and again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hammyfly said:

No one noticed that when Vault Luxe would get a single vote up, Rampage would get one or two votes up to counter it. This happened for daaaaaays. Cause it was weird when i voted and there seemed to be a corresponding vote. Then it happened again. and again.

Tit-for-tat voting versus surprise 20 votes.
A trickle of votes versus a deluge.

One or two people looking at the bases per day and voting for one or the other makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tit-for-tat voting versus surprise 20 votes.
A trickle of votes versus a deluge.

One or two people looking at the bases per day and voting for one or the other makes sense.

That's not what I said. You describe a trickle while I saw a concentrated effort of counter voting. That's a specific number of votes you can actually prove was from one person. ABy your logic the thrid base shouldnb't have 22 votes but closer to 40 right?

This can't be real? Are you serious? ALL this fuss over this? 

And now after the fact we have this from the CR's "As to ensuring voters have visited before voting: it's not a requirement, it was a plea and a strong suggestion."

A plea. And a strong suggestion. Just like visiting the base and voting. This is an online poll. Those are not rules. Those are suggestions. And can noooo one really admit to ever voting for your friends base or work or whatever before? Of course not. No. Nooo one would ever doo something so truly evil. 

No no. That's voter fraud. "FUDGING" the vote. Strip them of their win.

And as for a burst of votes at the end. Has no one ever shopped on ebay before? That's called tactics. I saw what HammyFly was talking about. There was always an exact 1 for 1 vote match when Vault Luxe received a vote. They kept a constant 2-3 vote buffer the whole week. I can't blame the Vault Luxe team or their fans for seeing what was going down and planning accordingly.

What a joke this whole thing is. And how utterly unfair. I am not impressed.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, SparklePie said:

This can't be real? Are you serious? ALL this fuss over this? 

And now after the fact we have this from the CR's "As to ensuring voters have visited before voting: it's not a requirement, it was a plea and a strong suggestion."

A plea. And a strong suggestion. Just like visiting the base and voting. This is an online poll. Those are not rules. Those are suggestions. And can noooo one really admit to ever voting for your friends base or work or whatever before? Of course not. No. Nooo one would ever doo something so truly evil. 

No no. That's voter fraud. "FUDGING" the vote. Strip them of their win.

And as for a burst of votes at the end. Has no one ever shopped on ebay before? That's called tactics. I saw what HammyFly was talking about. There was always an exact 1 for 1 vote match when Vault Luxe received a vote. They kept a constant 2-3 vote buffer the whole week. I can't blame the Vault Luxe team or their fans for seeing what was going down and planning accordingly.

What a joke this whole thing is. And how utterly unfair. I am not impressed.

I'm not adding much to the conversation by saying this but I felt it needed to be said for the sake of emphasis:

Well. Said.

Edited by BeastOfBuju
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Community Rep
1 hour ago, BeastOfBuju said:

The votes were cast. All parties had access to the same methodology and practices. Seeing this delayed to appease a vocal and 'political' group of individuals is disheartening. I visited every base in my limited time and cast my vote. To see that it's effectively not important and that I may possibly have to go through the process again, something I may not have time for, makes me wonder what the point of hosting this contest was.

Your post on the whole made my heart sink.

The point? The point was to showcase the best bases people can build, and the forum was a contest, by which is meant, winners and losers.

I am so glad you took the time and effort to visit every base. All that we would like is for those that did it the first time, take one moment from going wherever you are going to stop by a portal and enter the code of a base and let the judge know you want to vote. Quick. Easy. And if you truly cannot find a time that meets your needs, contact me with the time of  your choosing, and I will meet you there in the base of your choice to vote. If you have time to post on the forums, you have time to vote.

We -are- terribly terribly sorry to inconvenience those that voted in good faith and voted just once. We are trying to clear the air and make sure people have confidence in the voting and the results. I believe the vote was valid, and I believe that double checking will prove it. Of course, not if people refuse to vote. And I swear, if I/we are still CR and we have another contest...don't press me on either issue right this minute...things WILL be different. We are new. We are learning. And this job has one heck of a learning curve. Look, it's the deep end! Whoops. Oh well.  But seriously, we'd certainly appreciate a little grace while we try our best to make sure the contest recovers; I'm very sorry you feel we made a bad decision. We had a lot of bad decisions to choose from, but nothing that looked like a really good path forward.

💔Dacy

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hammyfly said:

Do we know who she was campaigning for?

If it makes you feel better, I care not one bit which base was getting illegitimate votes. Those votes being illegitimate is what matters, not whether or not those votes swung who stands on the podium at the end.

You're missing the forest for the trees here.

That said, I find it rather interesting that the decision to re-vote was made and a bunch of accounts that have existed for years but with zero posts immediately found this thread to complain about the re-vote. I'm not going to make any direct accusations, obviously, but it's rather suspect in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

8 hours ago, Wravis said:

.... (extraneous blathering snipped)...You admitted to (then backtracked on) having friends alt accounts vote.  

Nope. Wrong. I said NOTHING OF THE KIND. Nothing about alt accounts referred to ANY of my friends. The ALT comment was in reply to someone else who was insinuating that alts were voting (I assumed for the competition) and I was just saying do they think all those alt accounts visited all 

So you had your friends vote. Without VISITING. Not even once.  

SOME friends didn't visit. MANY DID. SOME OF THEM -  I ACTUALLY TOOK THEM THERE. I have said this repeatedly. 

You seem OBSESSED with lying about me, twisting words and outright making stuff up. 

And by the way, the emphasis is Dacy's not mine. That's the way the post is written.

I don't care who the original emphasis comes from. My point is you are ONLY focused on the request (not rule) to tour the bases, and completely ignoring the ONLY VOTE ONCE part, which quite obviously, was DEFINITELY being ignored somewhere and I was not the only one (nor the first one) to notice this or bring this up. 

2 hours ago, SparklePie said:

Asking your friends to vote is not tampering. Those friends have their own minds. And their own fingers for clicking. They made the decision to vote for Luxe. That is their right.

The point is to look at cool bases. It was meant to be a showcase of creativity that has desended into vote bickering. Visiting the bases is more important than casting the vote, but now we have people casting votes and not visiting the bases, so its failing its entire point which is to incentivise people to visit the bases.

• Thumbs Up 1