Future costume parts suggestion

Not sure if this has been suggested or already considered previously, but one costume piece I'd like to see implemented are Loincloths - like the ones that the Sybils oracles and Sister Solaris wear, or the one Romulus Augustus has, as well as the Storm and Death Shamaness of Banished Pantheon for the more witch-like loincloths.

Would like to see these options for both male, female, and monstrous body types.

The outfit the shamanesses from the Banished Pantheon wear is the same thing the Cimeroran sybils wear, just missing the large belt. (Edit: So it is a single-piece outfit model, consisting of the top and bottom. The belt piece is a separate piece, and the BP females simply don't have that belt. The sybil dress was alongside a surprising number of other NPC costume pieces in Icon prior to HC coming back. So that is where I am getting this information from. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible for the bottom to be separated from the top, or the entire dress being made available. That would be a dev choice. Just letting you know the sybils and shamanesses are wearing the same dress.)

Edited by Rudra

52 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The outfit the shamanesses from the Banished Pantheon wear is the same thing the Cimeroran sybils wear, just missing the large belt. (Edit: So it is a single-piece outfit model, consisting of the top and bottom. The belt piece is a separate piece, and the BP females simply don't have that belt. The sybil dress was alongside a surprising number of other NPC costume pieces in Icon prior to HC coming back. So that is where I am getting this information from. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible for the bottom to be separated from the top, or the entire dress being made available. That would be a dev choice. Just letting you know the sybils and shamanesses are wearing the same dress.)

The full Sybil outfit would be nice to have as well.

What about Sister Solaris's outfit and/or loincloth pieces?

Either way, more costume options with loincloths is what I'm hoping for.

Sister Solaris, Sister Airlia, the other sybils, and the shamanesses from the Banished Pantheon are all wearing the same single model dress. There is no separate top and bottom (at this time). The dress looks like a separate top and bottom on the shamanesses because the belt is a separate model that is not used on the shamanesses. Because the dress model uses the belt model to make it look like a whole piece as the player sees it, it looks like a separate top and bottom on the shamanesses, but is not. It is a single model like the special top toga available in the costume creator.

And the reason I last heard for us not getting the sybil dress is because it works like the cloaks and is prone to twisting and tangling as the attached model moves. I'm not against the OP, just to be clear. Just sharing the information I currently have. That information may or may not necessarily be current any more though.

As a person who's been waiting for Loincloth style outfits for their specific toon since 2006, I really don't care if the Sybil outfits clip. At all. Personally speaking. 😛

I'll even take a solid piece that doesn't move, but I definitely would love something Red Sonja-esque or Dejah Thoris like for my toon. It's been years. XD

The Live devs said we would get Ghost Widow hair never. Because it is a cape on the model's head and it apparently fails spectacularly on player character models.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "player".
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 4/26/2023 at 2:41 AM, Rudra said:

The Live devs said we would get Ghost Widow hair never. Because it is a cape on the model's head and it apparently fails spectacularly on player character models.

That's patently false though. It's worked fine in Titan Icon since forever, and works fine on SCORE-based servers that allow it. XD

1 hour ago, A.I.D.A. said:

That's patently false though. It's worked fine in Titan Icon since forever, and works fine on SCORE-based servers that allow it. XD

There is no clipping with the hair? No tangling with cloaks or wings? If the cape-hair works fine, then yes, it would be really nice to have. If there are any issues with it, then I don't see the HC devs releasing it to the player base who have access to more athletic attacks like that jumping kick from Martial Arts, Jump Kick from Leaping, and so on.

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

There is no clipping with the hair? No tangling with cloaks or wings? If the cape-hair works fine, then yes, it would be really nice to have. If there are any issues with it, then I don't see the HC devs releasing it to the player base who have access to more athletic attacks like that jumping kick from Martial Arts, Jump Kick from Leaping, and so on.

No issues that our existing capes don't already have. This is a 20-year-old game, some clipping is expected. Even pieces without physics have some clipping. There are no actual, real issues with Ghost Widow's hairstyle, only assumptions.

The only possible real issue would be characters with two capes to process physics for making the game hang for people with potato PCs, but that can be solved by causing it to lock out other options that use the cape slot, like some jackets already do.

21 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

No issues that our existing capes don't already have.

Capes and wings are currently mutually exclusive since they both take the same costume slot. So that statement is false. (Edit: And it was specifically the cape and wings options working with the Ghost Widow hair I was asking about with the tangling issue.)

21 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

This is a 20-year-old game, some clipping is expected.

That doesn't mean any developer is going to want to put their name on something they know clips. Depending on the severity of the clipping.

Look, I'm not against Ghost Widow's hair being made available to players. Just like I'm not against players getting access to long skirts. However, at least for the skirts, the current devs have shown us just how bad the clipping is. And hoooooooo boy is the clipping seriously bad for those. Which is why they won't release them to us players. If the devs find out that the Ghost Widow hair does not interact with other player options as badly as the Live devs said and so decide to give it to us? Great! I don't play on the other servers. So I have no idea how the Ghost Widow hair does or doesn't work for players on those servers. All I am saying is what was previously told to us.

Edited by Rudra

That's nice. It's still not true. Ghost Widow's hairstyle functions and the clipping is no worse than the clipping our existing capes already have.

I don't play on other servers either these days. But it's been functional in Titan Icon, and when I used to play on Resurgence before it all went public, I spent a good whole day transformed by one of Resurgence's GMs into Belladonna Vetrano's model, which has the same hairstyle. During gameplay, using ninja run and its backflip and frontflip jump animations, different attack animations, and everything, and it looked fine. There was an acceptable amount of clipping -- it occasionally clipped through an arm or whatever, just like our existing capes already do with some fast-moving animations, but it largely respected the solidity of the model's core.

2 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

That's nice. It's still not true. Ghost Widow's hairstyle functions and the clipping is no worse than the clipping our existing capes already have.

I don't play on other servers either these days. But it's been functional in Titan Icon, and when I used to play on Resurgence before it all went public, I spent a good whole day transformed by one of Resurgence's GMs into Belladonna Vetrano's model, which has the same hairstyle. During gameplay, using ninja run and its backflip and frontflip jump animations, different attack animations, and everything, and it looked fine. There was an acceptable amount of clipping -- it occasionally clipped through an arm or whatever, just like our existing capes already do with some fast-moving animations, but it largely respected the solidity of the model's core.

I seem to recall that there is already a head-attached cape in the game. Don't have the game open, but isn't there a wedding veil? I think it's super long, too. If that veil can avoid clipping on normal animations, surely a much shorter hairstyle can do the same. I do not know if that veil is usable with wings or back capes - but even if it cannot, can't the devs just give us the hair and disable access to capes when you pick it, in whatever the manner the veil uses?

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

I have read people explaining issues with the problems of the Sybil outfits being a problem because of not working with various costume parts.

But couldn't this be solved by just making it a Special category option like Togas and restricting the parts that don't work with it rather than throw it in as an option in other categories where stuff may look wonky with it?  Of all the belts in the game, Toga belt options are pretty limited because many would just clip or disappear underneath it altogether.  Those options were removed and the problem solved. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Did your character also ahve wings or a regular cape to check the interactions with? You know, the question I am asking for the third time now?

Ever since live I’ve wanted a Plague Doctor mask. They are pretty scary.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

12 hours ago, Rigged said:

I seem to recall that there is already a head-attached cape in the game. Don't have the game open, but isn't there a wedding veil? I think it's super long, too. If that veil can avoid clipping on normal animations, surely a much shorter hairstyle can do the same. I do not know if that veil is usable with wings or back capes - but even if it cannot, can't the devs just give us the hair and disable access to capes when you pick it, in whatever the manner the veil uses?

There is the bridal veil, and yes it is long. (I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.) It goes all the way down to the character's calves. However, it is also designed to point away from the character, leaving a gap for other things to fit in under it. It never comes into contact with the character model except at the head unless you work to bring it into contact by engaging in acrobatics or maybe using a walllean emote while against a wall. The attachment point for the Ghost Widow hair for where it can move is lower down on the head. However, it may work. Considering the Bridal Veil hair piece. Just need a dev to say yea or nay for whether it  does or not, and whether they will give it or not.

7 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

Ever since live I’ve wanted a Plague Doctor mask. They are pretty scary.

I would really love this too. We have all these Dark powersets and Necromancy but no plague doctor mask? What a waste of an opportunity.

7 hours ago, Rudra said:

There is the bridal veil, and yes it is long. (I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.) It goes all the way down to the character's calves. However, it is also designed to point away from the character, leaving a gap for other things to fit in under it. It never comes into contact with the character model except at the head unless you work to bring it into contact by engaging in acrobatics or maybe using a walllean emote while against a wall. The attachment point for the Ghost Widow hair for where it can move is lower down on the head. However, it may work. Considering the Bridal Veil hair piece. Just need a dev to say yea or nay for whether it  does or not, and whether they will give it or not.

BTW I am ambivalent about the addition of the GW hair myself (although I always support giving people whatever happens to be relatively easy to port), but unless I am mistaken, the hair also points away from the character model. If you go to Grandville you can see it yourself. GW's actual (the non-physics bit) hair model already flows backwards and the "cape" potion of the hair is attached pretty far back, almost at the point where a regular cape would be. I am just guessing there is an invisible wall around player bodies that the normal cape is designed to flow around and the hair relies on that as well. GW was a very common GM avatar and I suspect they put in the effort to make her hair work around normal animations so they would not look ridiculous while hosting events. It is also used for the Praetorian Belladonna Vetrano, who has to use the very energetic Dual Pistols animations.

I do not think that hair would work well with a normal cape or wings, though GW has a buttcape that is probably far low enough that that would be fine (that is, it would probably work okay with trench coats, etc). IIRC it is possible to get two capes right now using the CoThorns4 shoulders, which have a mini-cape built in (IIRC this is only available on the non-huge male model). The CoT4 shoulders were designed to be used with the massive COT spikes backpiece, which isn't a cape, but the point is that back pieces, capes included, are not locked by picking the shoulders. The mini-cape drastically clips with a normal back piece cape, with neither interacting so the capes just flow in and out of each other as if the other wasn't there. I suspect the GW hair would do the same.

• Thumbs Up 3

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

On 5/4/2023 at 11:30 AM, Rudra said:

Did your character also ahve wings or a regular cape to check the interactions with? You know, the question I am asking for the third time now?

I've already said that problem would be solved by locking out selections. You're asking about a non-issue.

14 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

I've already said that problem would be solved by locking out selections. You're asking about a non-issue.

It is an issue because there are bound to be players that want to use the Ghost Widow hair with wings or capes. Like me. I really, really want that hair for some of my characters and lots of my characters have wings. So if the hair were to be mde available to players but I could not use it on the characters it suited, that would be very frustrating.

Just now, Rudra said:

It is an issue because there are bound to be players that want to use the Ghost Widow hair with wings or capes. Like me. I really, really want that hair for some of my characters and lots of my characters have wings. So if the hair were to be mde available to players but I could not use it on the characters it suited, that would be very frustrating.

Better than no-one able to use it at all.