Future costume parts suggestion

On 5/3/2023 at 9:29 AM, A.I.D.A. said:

and works fine on SCORE-based servers that allow it. XD

On 5/3/2023 at 9:03 PM, A.I.D.A. said:

I don't play on other servers either these days.

Your statements lead me to believe you have played on servers where the Ghost Widow hair has already been made available. So I had expected you to know that answer.

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Your statements lead me to believe you have played on servers where the Ghost Widow hair has already been made available. So I had expected you to know that answer.

Titan Icon was the precursor to today's SCORE-based servers, and it worked there. It had costume creation, running around, and chatting, but no gameplay elements -- it was functionally a proximity chat room in Paragon and Etoile maps. I've run around with it on Resurgence (the old 'secret' server before the bubble break), albeit while transformed by a Resurgence GM into Belladonna Vetrano, so no additional cape or wings. The hairstyle was never made available there in the tailor, but as I was able to use my powers while transformed, that was primarily an example to illustrate that animations, including very mobile animations with lots of spinning, like Lotus Drops and Ninja Run, didn't break its physics or cause any more clipping than our existing capes already do.

But you're basically guaranteed never to get it working with any other cape slot piece -- whether that's because the game can't process two physics objects for one character, or because it can, but people with potato PCs would experience slowdown, I'm not sure.

Wings might be less of an issue, as they are strictly animated and not physics objects, but would clip more. I don't hate clipping in an old game like this, especially for something like hair, that is supposed to represent many strands. My brain rationalizes most hair clipping as the hair flowing around the thing it's clipping through. I only notice blatant examples like, say, some of our existing longer hair styles clipping through the back of a high-collar cape, and even then, I don't care much.

Apparently this game is played (and developed) by many people who see a single pixel of clipping and instantly vomit in disgust, though. So . . . don't know what to tell you.

7 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Titan Icon was the precursor to today's SCORE-based servers, and it worked there. It had costume creation, running around, and chatting, but no gameplay elements -- it was functionally a proximity chat room in Paragon and Etoile maps. I've run around with it on Resurgence (the old 'secret' server before the bubble break), albeit while transformed by a Resurgence GM into Belladonna Vetrano, so no additional cape or wings. The hairstyle was never made available there in the tailor, but as I was able to use my powers while transformed, that was primarily an example to illustrate that animations, including very mobile animations with lots of spinning, like Lotus Drops and Ninja Run, didn't break its physics or cause any more clipping than our existing capes already do.

But you're basically guaranteed never to get it working with any other cape slot piece -- whether that's because the game can't process two physics objects for one character, or because it can, but people with potato PCs would experience slowdown, I'm not sure.

Wings might be less of an issue, as they are strictly animated and not physics objects, but would clip more. I don't hate clipping in an old game like this, especially for something like hair, that is supposed to represent many strands. My brain rationalizes most hair clipping as the hair flowing around the thing it's clipping through. I only notice blatant examples like, say, some of our existing longer hair styles clipping through the back of a high-collar cape, and even then, I don't care much.

Apparently this game is played (and developed) by many people who see a single pixel of clipping and instantly vomit in disgust, though. So . . . don't know what to tell you.

Thank you.

So! I broke out one of my characters with the Tech Knight belt with the cloth attachment. And considering how much clipping it does that I am surprisingly fine with, I would like to cast a vote in favor of us getting the Ghost Widow hair, the sybil dress, and the Talons of Vengeance's Oracle's loin cloth please.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove the unnecessarily added "e" from "sybil".
  • Thumbs Up 1