NPC Name and Healthbar Display Issue

Deathstrik3

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I am doing something wrong. When playing I like to use the /optionset ShowVillainName 1 and /optionset ShowVillainBars 1 commands to make it so the NPC names and Healthbars are always on display. This shows it for all enemy NPCs and vendors/trainers on the Hero side. For some reason in Praetoria it will only do the display for enemy NPCs, and on the villain side it will not show on anything.

It's a setting that I find myself unable to play without, at least for enemy healthbars. Being able to tell at a glance the difficulty of an enemy, and who has the lowest HP without needing to mouse over them just makes it a lot easier, and more enjoyable as a result.

Does anyone know how to get this working on the villain side of things?

What alignment are you when this is happening?

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 4/23/2023 at 6:31 AM, Deathstrik3 said:

For some reason in Praetoria it will only do the display for enemy NPCs, and on the villain side it will not show on anything.

Because the Praetorian alignments of Resistance and Loyalist are not the same as Villain, so the command is behaving as expected, neither alignment is a villain so no bars/HUD.  (Not a great answer, you want the display elements, not semantics.  I know.)

The NPCs aligned Villain would be opposition to your character regardless of their Praetorian Alignment and would aggro normally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

20 minutes ago, Tock said:

Because the Praetorian alignments of Resistance and Loyalist are not the same as Villain, so the command is behaving as expected, neither alignment is a villain so no bars/HUD.  (Not a great answer, you want the display elements, not semantics.  I know.)

The NPCs aligned Villain would be opposition to your character regardless of their Praetorian Alignment and would aggro normally.

Is there a command that will show it for the other alignments? Or is it only something that will work for the appropriate alignment?