CoH not starting Win 11

Nyarlahotep

When I click the play button in the HC Launcher I get the [LOADING...] bar on my screen but it never progresses past this.  I have tried turning off my Antivirus and Firewall, I have verified the install, reinstalled, tried in safe-mode (with networking), running the HC launcher in Admin mode and still can't get past the [LOADING...].  Any suggestions?

On 4/23/2023 at 10:20 AM, Nyarlahotep said:

When I click the play button in the HC Launcher I get the [LOADING...] bar on my screen but it never progresses past this.  I have tried turning off my Antivirus and Firewall, I have verified the install, reinstalled, tried in safe-mode (with networking), running the HC launcher in Admin mode and still can't get past the [LOADING...].  Any suggestions?

I am having the same issues, I did everything stated in this text and still got nowhere... The thing is, I was on in the morning before the shutdown. After the shutdown, I am unable to log in.

Tuesdays, the regular maintenance window applies in the AM during Eastern Time.  Check the Server Status page and don't log in until you see the Green OK status come back. (The launcher also has an indicator, but the forum page will get updated with better info if the window is extended or there's partial gremlins affecting some shards but not others.)

Some more information on both of your computers may be helpful.  Windows 11, sure, but what CPU?  RAM total?  (Yes, Windows 11 should "just work" but specifics may get better answers out of us.)  What kind of graphics?  There was a recent change for laptop and multi-GPU systems recently done in the Patch Notes, so if on one of those, that's good to know.

Finally, Admin Mode should not be used to run the game at all.  Especially if you use voice chat, media apps, or anything involving a webcam/mic during game play.  It becomes a shell game of troubleshooting issues that shouldn't be necessary to just troubleshoot how to get it to run without it on.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.