Sentinel Pistol Suppressive Fire damage nerfed

Starhammer

So since the patch, Suppressive Fire on pistol wielding Sentinels is doing almost no damage, on par with Blasters, Defenders, etc. Alt damage types for Swap Ammo are showing normal numbers, but lethal is reduced to token damage. I'm really hoping this is unintended, since Sentinels are the only AT worth using this power on, at least in my experience. If it's intended, it ruins attack sequence for my DP Sents 😞

EDIT: The recharge has significantly increased (again, to Blaster levels) as well.

Edited by Starhammer

On 4/25/2023 at 8:04 PM, Starhammer said:

Sentinels are the only AT worth using this power on, at least in my experience.

Suppressive Fire is DP's strongest ST attack when properly slotted, even on Blasters.

Edited by Solvernia

9 hours ago, Starhammer said:

So since the patch, Suppressive Fire on pistol wielding Sentinels is doing almost no damage, on par with Blasters, Defenders, etc. Alt damage types for Swap Ammo are showing normal numbers, but lethal is reduced to token damage. I'm really hoping this is unintended, since Sentinels are the only AT worth using this power on, at least in my experience. If it's intended, it ruins attack sequence for my DP Sents 😞

EDIT: The recharge has significantly increased (again, to Blaster levels) as well.

It sounds like the blast set changes got proliferated to Sentinels too.

A lot of people testing Suppressive Fire complained that their proc monster was ruined by excessive recharge and the compromise turned out as:

Suppressive Fire

• Cast time reduced from 1.67s to 1.5s.
  • Recharge reduced from 20s to 8s for non-standard ammo.
  • Incendiary: Scale 2 duration Mag 3 hold (stacks). Damage increased to 1.64 scale.
  • Cryo: Scale 4 duration Mag 4 hold (replace). Damage increased to 1.64 scale.
  • Chemical: Scale 8 duration Mag 3 hold (stacks). Damage increased to 0.87 scale.
  • Standard: No change from Live. Still 20s cooldown.

So it should continue working as normal with Incendiary and Cryo, it'll do less damage with a longer hold on Chemical, and you can proc it out on standard.

Edited by Major_Decoy

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

It sounds like the blast set changes got proliferated to Sentinels too.

A lot of people testing Suppressive Fire complained that their proc monster was ruined by excessive recharge and the compromise turned out as:

So it should continue working as normal with Incendiary and Cryo, it'll do less damage with a longer hold on Chemical, and you can proc it out on standard.

I never cared about it as a procbox. An attack power shouldn't require a second power (Swap Ammo) to not be garbage. Oh well. If this is intended, I guess I'll have to buy lots of Revolvers or something 😕 Or just get used to using other attack sets that weren't nerfed.

25 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Because it's not a bug, it was an intentional change.

The patch notes say that Standard Ammo on this power is supposed to have no change from live, yet Sentinels got a very massive change from issue 5 with it:

Dual Pistols

Suppressive Fire

• Incendiary: Scale 2 duration Mag 3 hold (stacks). Damage increased to 1.64 scale.
  • Chemical: Scale 8 duration Mag 3 hold (stacks). Damage increased to 0.87 scale.

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

6 hours ago, FupDup said:

The patch notes say that Standard Ammo on this power is supposed to have no change from live, yet Sentinels got a very massive change from issue 5 with it:

Dual Pistols

Suppressive Fire

You can also see quite clearly that it defines what "No change from live is" because blaster Suppressive Fire was very different from Sentinel Suppressive Fire.