Prismatic Costumes

Snarky

I am curious about the mini mode.  Does this persist through Death?  And YES, it is 25% value garbage to me if it does not at that price.

WTH is T4 undefined mode?  THis is like the wizard of OZ!  Behold the great Oz.  Just don't look behind the curtain until you pony up the 1500 Prismatics to see the bearded lady folks.

Undefined Mode is the green blobby model from the original character creator. This one.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1048669741356691508/1100989317767245924/CoH-5.jpg

It's also got a Silver variant that's the version from the modern costume creator.

image.png.e502059b5f4f4ede91802b90ced4b6de.png

Edited by El D
  • Like 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I am curious about the mini mode.  Does this persist through Death?  And YES, it is 25% value garbage to me if it does not at that price.

WTH is T4 undefined mode?  THis is like the wizard of OZ!  Behold the great Oz.  Just don't look behind the curtain until you pony up the 1500 Prismatics to see the bearded lady folks.

The prismatic costumes toggle off on death.

I check them out on Beta

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Honestly I've seen nothing in the Prismatic doodad that I consider worth even thinking of saving for

Interestingly, the fact that many people see a thing as too much effort is the also the very reason it has such high value.   Humans are weird, weird creatures.

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

5 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

I did the minimode to make a little green man alien. I am happy with my purchase, I just wish mini mode were cheaper so I could use it for other characters easily. 

I was considering this for either a "Little Green Army Man" or "Small Soldiers" (from movie with Tommy Lee Jones) for a fun AR concept.  But the non persistent would break with story and I pass.

• Like 1

Prismatic costumes are pretty cool for some concepts:

1. your character is a shapeshifter
  2. your character (especially if they're a stalker) rely on disguises for stealth, or maybe they're just a generic mook who has mook'd for a bunch of different gangs.
  3. Go 'naked' under the costume so it looks like your character suffers a wardrobe malfunction ala samus aran on defeat. (bonus points if you're using the PPD Shell)
  4. Just wanna live that NPC look you can't reasonably do in the creator (Warhulks, DE, etc.)
  5. Make yourself smaller than possible in the editor
  6. get some conceptual aura effects you can't due to powerset selection limitations (I want photosynthesis for Gaia Redeemer since, well, as his name implies, he's a nature warrior) or use it for multi-layering auras and effects!
Edited by Sakura Tenshi
  • Like 1

I have mini-mode for a few of my characters and that was funded by the Halloween priming.  (100+ chars doing the bare minimum...)

Some of the other forms are kinda neat, but over priced IMO.  (100 is maybe where I would have put as the top price at this point.)

Sakura covers it pretty well.

• Like 1

New Aether effects from Page 6 are pretty neat to create costume concept without having to respec for dedicated power (elec/fire/frost/psy) I appreciate this addition. Simple but effective. Undefined "devil" mode is great for demons concepts.

I also recently posted some suggestions for future prismatic particle items in the appropriate forum, one of which being a Embiggen to contrast with the shrink, and that will probably be very useful for anyone who wants to make a mecha character. Or a giant.

also hard to say what the limits are on these, we do have disc jockeys who have no legs, so I do wonder if this could lead to getting snakes as a costume?

I don't even care about the badge that's how little I care and that's why I sell my prismatics.  I like what @Sakura Tenshi said up there but the fact that they do not scale to size is why I have no interest.  Would I like to run around as a Dark Ring Mistress, yes, sometimes when I am drunk and being silly, but losing or gaining height breaks the illusion for me.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

I was considering this for either a "Little Green Army Man" or "Small Soldiers" (from movie with Tommy Lee Jones) for a fun AR concept.  But the non persistent would break with story and I pass.

Its not to bad honestly, I bought my toon a bunch of blaster ios and the SBB ios, so he is a little OP for his level probably, so I dont constantly die.

• Like 1

One time I made an Illusion controller that would copy. as closely as possible, costumes of the mobs I was fighting for himself and the mirror option of his Decoys. I used it on a couple of TFs - Manti and Cit - and got yelled at by pretty much everyone on the team, because they were trying to hit me and my decoys. I quickly changed the whole Toon's concept after that.

Prismatic costumes are like that, only the costumes are more exact. Having repeatedly had people in CoT costumes on Posi, or Freakshow costumes on Yin, I now understand the annoyance that I created. Only these people paid at least 150 Prismatic Aethers to be annoying.

9 hours ago, Judasace said:

Prismatic costumes are like that, only the costumes are more exact. Having repeatedly had people in CoT costumes on Posi, or Freakshow costumes on Yin, I now understand the annoyance that I created. Only these people paid at least 150 Prismatic Aethers to be annoying.

/bind n target_custom_near enemy alive

/optionset showvillainname 1

Edited by tidge
added an option for those apposed to binds

10 hours ago, Judasace said:

One time I made an Illusion controller that would copy. as closely as possible, costumes of the mobs I was fighting for himself and the mirror option of his Decoys. I used it on a couple of TFs - Manti and Cit - and got yelled at by pretty much everyone on the team, because they were trying to hit me and my decoys. I quickly changed the whole Toon's concept after that.

As someone whose PB mostly lives redside: Mayhem Missions = schadenfreude.

• Haha 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

On 4/26/2023 at 9:37 PM, El D said:

image.png.e502059b5f4f4ede91802b90ced4b6de.png

"Really couldn't think of a good costume and was willing to pay for it."

• Haha 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

19 hours ago, lemming said:

I have mini-mode for a few of my characters and that was funded by the Halloween priming.  (100+ chars doing the bare minimum...)

I did this for all of one character who was already supposed to look like a Fir Blog.  But Can't see doing it for anyone else until we get Tuatha... (hint hint)

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

"Really couldn't think of a good costume and was willing to pay for it."

"Really couldn't think of a good costume and was willing to pay 5.25 billion inf for it." 

(At the current snapshot price of 3.5 million inf per PAP.)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2023 at 11:42 PM, lemming said:

The prismatic costumes toggle off on death.

I check them out on Beta

Wait...pardon, it's late and my brain is slow...are you saying "toggle off" as in one just has to toggle it back on (annoying but doable) or are you using "toggle off" as slang for it's gone, kiss your hard-won prismatic currency goodbye because you died?

If it is an on/off process, like switching costumes, it's annoying but doable.  If it is a complete loss, I can see why Snarky won't touch it, and I don't understand why it even made it into the game. 

On 4/27/2023 at 2:14 PM, Sakura Tenshi said:

I also recently posted some suggestions for future prismatic particle items in the appropriate forum, one of which being a Embiggen to contrast with the shrink, and that will probably be very useful for anyone who wants to make a mecha character. Or a giant.

While I'd love a larger character, I'd think larger would have problems in a lot of the instances, especially the caves.   I've got my brute, Fightanic, at the top of the standard scale, and though I love working with him, I hate those caves, except maybe the ones used in like the Atta the Troll mission.

32 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Wait...pardon, it's late and my brain is slow...are you saying "toggle off" as in one just has to toggle it back on (annoying but doable) or are you using "toggle off" as slang for it's gone, kiss your hard-won prismatic currency goodbye because you died?

If it is an on/off process, like switching costumes, it's annoying but doable.  If it is a complete loss, I can see why Snarky won't touch it, and I don't understand why it even made it into the game.

The first one - the Prismatic costumes and effects deactivate when the player dies and have to be turned back on after being rezzed. It does break the immersion a bit, but everything detoggles when the player dies so it's just following the same rules for active powers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

They just toggle off then when you rez you turn it on.  

But here is the thing.  I make an AR Dev Blaster.  A little green army nan!   So cool.  Tiny little perfect solid green toon Blasting everything with his rifle. He dies and he is 4-5 feet tall….   I got no backstory that makes sense here.  Nothing explains this concept break.  For the low low price of about 500 million?   

image.jpeg.a3c714a66783bfefdb1b17a68bcb74e9.jpeg