Fallen out of use?

Techwright

I rarely see it.  I have clear mind on my emp healer and clarity on my opera singer and generally cycle the non-melee types on the team and it all seems good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 4/29/2023 at 8:12 PM, Sir Myshkin said:

I can say from personal experience I stopped calling out getting mezzed because people stopped carrying the tools to prevent it, and that was a long time ago.

I quoted Sir Myshkin for a succinct summary of what several of you have indicated so far.  Notification by "zzz" as a request for aid.  Honestly, I'd not even thought of that, and you're right, I probably stopped thinking of that back in the Original Game. 

Personally, when I think of "zzz" nowadays, it's with consideration to letting the team know that they're down a member for the moment.  This mind-think goes back to the OG, where it was possible to be in a big fight and have several team members get mezzed at once.  It would let the others know that a potential wipe situation was developing. useful for those fighting in first perspective who might not have seen the effect take hold of teammates.  Additionally, a tank could use it to alert the team that he/she/small-furry-creature-from-Alpha-Centauri would not be able to maintain aggro.

On 4/29/2023 at 8:38 PM, MoonSheep said:

i sometimes wonder whether things like this were more prominent and challenging back on live, or whether i was just awful at playing the game

Let's all think about way back in the day, where you HAD to wait for the team and if you went ahead you had stealth (and sometimes team teleport) or died.

Where mezz was harsh and "herding" was a thing. You know, "organisation", as they call it.

That was before masterminds, wasn't it? They really put the K in chaos.

It's a different game now, but specifically two of the difficult obstacles were never mitigated: Malta End Drain and Crey Invulnerability.

Because trash blows up so quickly, I think we need new varieties of those type of obstacles.

• Like 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.