Slotting Storm Cell

JulioThom33_2

I'm playing around with a now Level 29 Storm Blast/Elec Manipulation blaster. I've 6-slotted Storm Cell with Posi's, but I'm not seeing where Storm Cell actually does damage. It looks like it's an amplifier for any Storm Blast attacks I make within the cell itself.

So, does Storm Cell need slots at all to be effective? Are Posi's not the play here? Should I be using something else, or just insert 2 recharges and call it a day?

43 minutes ago, JulioThom33_2 said:

I'm playing around with a now Level 29 Storm Blast/Elec Manipulation blaster. I've 6-slotted Storm Cell with Posi's, but I'm not seeing where Storm Cell actually does damage. It looks like it's an amplifier for any Storm Blast attacks I make within the cell itself.

So, does Storm Cell need slots at all to be effective? Are Posi's not the play here? Should I be using something else, or just insert 2 recharges and call it a day?

Lot of ways to slot it, you want to max recharge on it so its up every mob. Treat it the same way you would tar patch in /dark toss it out on the mob before attacking it'll bump your damage when effects kick in. There's so many good aoe sets for it pretty much anything goes.

Cheap full set artillery for ranged defence.

Full Frozen Blast set for aoe defence and a chance to immob.

A couple pieces of Frozen Blast with a force feedback +recharge for slow resists. Maybe a proc or 2 but from what i've seen they have minimal chance to fire off.

5 bombardment/5 ragnarok and a force feedback+recharge for a few good bonuses.

You could try tossing in the ATo set defiant barrage but i can't imagine thats a good place to slot it. 

Positron set is probably the last 1 i'd slot- its got the least recharge in the set.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JulioThom33_2 said:

So, +Recharge is better than a damage proc. That's good to know.

Yes if trying to avoid causing aggro procs that cause damage or debuff (or otherwise effect) the foe will notify (i.e. aggro) the foe(s).  Recharge enhancements in the power may effect the chance to proc.  Global recharge from set bonuses or powers (Hasten, AM etc.) don't effect proc chances.

• Like 1