Storm Cell AI

Psiphon

Hi all, quick question please.

How does Storm Cell operate when you move on to other mobs? Does it centre itself around you, the mobs that your targeting or does it move to the nearest/first mob that it encounters while following you? Or I guess does it do something completely different that I haven't even considered?

Thanks in advance.

From what I can tell, it starts in the place you set it and generally stays there but will move slightly to cover critters that may have moved out. 

When that group is clear it appears to follow me until it sees a new enemy.  I may have to hop past a group for the Cell to see them as my stealth is only partial and I can't get super close.

However, unless the groups are fairly close and the battles fairly quick, I will more often than not summon a new one at the next group.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

From what I can tell, it starts in the place you set it and generally stays there but will move slightly to cover critters that may have moved out. 

When that group is clear it appears to follow me until it sees a new enemy.  I may have to hop past a group for the Cell to see them as my stealth is only partial and I can't get super close.

However, unless the groups are fairly close and the battles fairly quick, I will more often than not summon a new one at the next group.

Its perception is pretty low, so you do have to get fairly close to have it notice enemies.  Otherwise it just sticks to you.

IIRC in beta SC's perception was initially set to inherit player values, which caused much unintentional wandering.  

Yes, I remember reading that in the beta forums.

I also paid attention this morning and, after we finished a mob, he followed me to the next group but just surrounded me until I started attacking and some critters moved forward.

My next experiment is to see if tactics gives Cell better vision.  It should, but you never know until you try.

19 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

My next experiment is to see if tactics gives Cell better vision.  It should, but you never know until you try.

Good idea.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty