Please rename Storm Blast

Snarky

He's like seven seconds away from fully sweat soaked. look at the spotty streaking in his mid section.  Thats the key indicator.  Never found Gleason to be . . . well anything other than annoying.  How did he get work for so long?

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

To all you nay sayers of Storm and Bright Colors I have only this to say:

BAH and HUMBUG

• Thumbs Up 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

15 hours ago, High_Beam said:

He's like seven seconds away from fully sweat soaked. look at the spotty streaking in his mid section.  Thats the key indicator.  Never found Gleason to be . . . well anything other than annoying.  How did he get work for so long?

That was called "acting"

Took me twenty years to realize I never liked John Travolta because he was acting characters that I disliked.  When I saw him act as a character I liked I was like...WTF?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

That was called "acting"

Took me twenty years to realize I never liked John Travolta because he was acting characters that I disliked.  When I saw him act as a character I liked I was like...WTF?

No, that's not it.  Gleason couldn't act.  it has to be something else.  Maybe Superadine?

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

As someone that has over 30 rounds of radiation to my head, nearly destroyin my right eye, i am unable to play this set. But stupid me keeps tryin.  😞

The FX is so dense that it makes my eye burn tryin to focus through the attacks. I've tried all sorts of changes to the set colors tryin to get to a point that i can even tolerate the set. My lvl 32 may be the only lvls i'll get on the toon before deletion.

Which means if i team with anyone that has a storm watever, I'm goin to be that asshole that quits the team.

Seems like a fun set but unplayable to me.

@Etched

• Thumbs Up 1

I like it.  I have fun with it.  And yes, the T9 is pretty underwhelming.  I cast it and it feels like Whirlpool from Water Blast and the numbers I see dont seem to build up in intensity as the description says but then again as was noted in Test and live play already, its not for todays team mission running because the team has already moved on to the third alpha while you build up intensity.  Storm Blast is great fun solo.

and @Etched; Ow.  Sorry that sucks but at least you are still on the right side of the dirt with that much radiation to the noggin.

Edited by High_Beam
Spelling error correction

2 hours ago, Etched said:

As someone that has over 30 rounds of radiation to my head, nearly destroyin my right eye, i am unable to play this set. But stupid me keeps tryin.  😞

The FX is so dense that it makes my eye burn tryin to focus through the attacks. I've tried all sorts of changes to the set colors tryin to get to a point that i can even tolerate the set. My lvl 32 may be the only lvls i'll get on the toon before deletion.

Which means if i team with anyone that has a storm watever, I'm goin to be that asshole that quits the team.

Seems like a fun set but unplayable to me.

@Etched

Set the particle effects in graphics options to the minimum.

5 hours ago, High_Beam said:

No, that's not it.  Gleason couldn't act.  it has to be something else.  Maybe Superadine?

His career spanned nearly 50 years, with over 100 TV and movie credits and over 20 award nominations/wins. His comedic timing and improvisational skills were unmatched. He was also an accomplished musician with almost 60 albums, a number of which were in the Billboard top 20.

Like "I Love Lucy" I laugh hysterically whenever I watch "The Honeymooners".

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

His career spanned nearly 50 years, with over 100 TV and movie credits and over 20 award nominations/wins. His comedic timing and improvisational skills were unmatched. He was also an accomplished musician with almost 60 albums, a number of which were in the Billboard top 20.

Like "I Love Lucy" I laugh hysterically whenever I watch "The Honeymooners".

Cool mate.  It makes you laugh so there ya go, that's you and lots of others.  I find him and Lucy not funny at all and that's me; I'll take Carol Burnett ten times out of ten.  That movie starring Kidman and Bardam about Ball was real good however.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

the T9 is pretty underwhelming

Category Five is not just about what it does in the absence of your other powers - it has synergy with your other storm blast powers when they are used within its AoE; It's like complaining about mastermind pets underperforming, but neglecting to take any of the upgrades...

21 minutes ago, biostem said:

Category Five is not just about what it does in the absence of your other powers - it has synergy with your other storm blast powers when they are used within its AoE; It's like complaining about mastermind pets underperforming, but neglecting to take any of the upgrades...

I was talking in the context of being in Storm Cell and the other synergies.  The whole set sings with Storm Cell and yet the T9 is underwhelming in Storm Cell, both ways, uphill.  That doesn't mean I toss the toon, hell no.  She is fun to play especially solo and in kind of Blappery with the Radiation secondary I am using.

On 5/8/2023 at 10:35 AM, Marshal_General said:

It could be worse. They could make a set that fills your screen with rock.

Oh wait...

AC/DC? Iron Maiden? I want one!!!

Rock star mastermind...choice of metal/punk/country/kpop/boy band minions

Edited by ivanhedgehog
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Cool mate.  It makes you laugh so there ya go, that's you and lots of others.  I find him and Lucy not funny at all and that's me; I'll take Carol Burnett ten times out of ten.  That movie starring Kidman and Bardam about Ball was real good however.

Aaron Sorkin screenplay. Most of what he writes is very good. The Lucy documentary (not Sorkin) was decent, as well. Ball was one of the greatest physical comedians of all time. A genius. Never thought the Honeymooners was funny, at all, but I thought Gleason was great in the Smokey and the Bandit Films. He did a decent dramatic turn in Nothing in Common. His impact on entertainment is huge, however. This cannot be denied.

On the greater subject: It's hard to rate humor, as what's considered funny (or appropriate) changes over time. I still find Cheers to (usually) be funny, though actually mean-spirited, at times. Modern comedy? There's just not many I bother with. They all seem of similar bent, and whatever they think is funny, I (mostly) don't. And man, oh, man - I'm really, really, really, really just so tired of workplace comedies. I never found The Office funny (I guess I'm the only one), so anything that resembles it tends to be a turn off (though Abbott Elementary seems okay). I do find Ghosts (American version) to be pretty funny. Haven't seen the Brit version. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.