The New Rogue and Vigilante arcs - thoughts?

BurtHutt

On 5/3/2023 at 9:30 PM, Zect said:

HC's lead writer seems extremely verbose

I'm afraid they're lacking an editor. Someone to say, "This is a comic. Make room for the artist!"

Mission briefings that need paging or scrolling should be the exception, not the rule.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I went to Brick for the Vig mish, chose the response, “Why don’t you call the police?” then received no mission. I guess the contact took my advice.

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I enjoyed it! I preferred the vigilante to rogue arc though(not the biggest fan of open maps, but the writing for both were on point!).

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 5/7/2023 at 3:40 AM, lemming said:

Ok, running on the Third Mission where you are in Striga.

Find entrance to Secret Lab, get the codes from the guys standing around, open up hidden area, beat up scientist bodyguards, lead him to open up blastdoor, get info from computer, it blows up, Ravenstorm & Dr Todd show up, but quickly want to parlay

Since you said you were beaten up, I chose the Rogue option and let myself get defeated.

Went to Hospital which is in mission, but outside the lab.

I think that's where you got confused.  R & T were still in the lab, but there's no marker showing how to find the entrance, so I had to find it via memory.

Definite should have a marker so one can find it again.

Once found, beat them and any ambushes, then mission proceeds normally.

I'll go ahead and write up a bug report for it

Thank you! This is exactly my problem! Next time I will screen shot that damn door! I was enjoying the arc before all that...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/4/2023 at 8:31 PM, BurtHutt said:

are you not a bit tired of seeing the same factions? 

No. As it is we have to Manny factions. Things like the outcast, warriors, hellions really most the low level and some of the high level mobs are missed used or have no real lore reason to be there anymore. I would like what we do have to be beefed up and better uses before we worry about adding more. 

I also would have liked to see some AE added to the paper but from my understanding the systems are just to hard to mash togethers ATM. I do worry if they do figure it out we will get 5 thousand new factions a day to only be boring one off encounters there and gone for no reason but one story, good luck trying to get a rp community around lore like that.

• Confused 1

On 5/3/2023 at 1:46 PM, BurtHutt said:

They have lots of story and info and that's my biggest concern - there's too much stuff to read in a team dynamic. That and you don't interact with contacts in the mission if you're not lead.

On 5/3/2023 at 1:46 PM, BurtHutt said:

Most of the team didn't understand the fully story as they couldn't read along.

I have a player that I game with that would copy and paste the text into the chat window or, if we are on discord, then the player running the mission would read the text to the rest of the team.

Often, most of the talk going on has no relevance to what is going on once in the mission other than maybe "you will be fighting x, looking for y, and trying to find out why z is going on." and maybe "Arrest them all!" 

I don't mind chatter to the player that isn't demeaning. If the contact is sucking to the player to do their dirty work or whatever, that's find. It just doesn't need to be overly verbose to the point of becoming "My Dinner with Andre".

There is a difference between color and feeling and fluff and filer. It's hard to draw the line sometimes. I've ready plenty of novels with a bunch of fluff and filler added for word count.

No one here is getting paid for word count, so there really isn't any reason to overwrite.

At the same time, I think some people feel that they need to over edit. We don't have to over edit here for word count either.

I ran into an interesting term going through some books that I recently inherited from a dear friend of mine with a good soul. 

STET - Latin for "let it stand", a proofreading term that means "Don't change the author's wording".

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.