Street justice is good, but I find it boring.

DyingLegacy

Can’t point my finger on why, but it just doesn’t have the fun of other sets.  Maybe it’s the visuals?  I really don’t know.  I’ve got my Street justice/invuln  fully t4 incarnate and slotted to the teeth.  It’s amazing performance wise,  but it’s just not there in enjoyments.  I’m not saying it’s not fun at all…. I don’t know what I’m saying.  Maybe I’m just getting burned out on the game period. Idk

• Like 1

You didn't hear it from me but.....a very large part of immersion is sound and some sets lack the oomph it takes to really get you in the feels. Try switching the sounds of SJ to stone melee. If that doesn't do it for ya, you can switch the unpleasant animations for others more to your liking. Its really not that tough just switch a few file names around and booya. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Oddly enough, I find Spinning Strike to be maybe the single most satisfying-to-use power in the entire game. The fun-to-button-press ratio there is off the charts for me. I'd play StJ just for that animation/sound combo alone, even if it were extremely subpar performance-wise (which it isn't).

• Like 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

• 2 weeks later

I *like* my StJ Stalker (performance, utility, power progressions) and yet I agree that there is *something* about the set that doesn't sit right with me as a Stalker. I agree with @Saiyajinzoningen that I think it is the immersive effects: The raw pummeling and sounds don't scream "stalker" to me... and my StJ Stalker is based on a villainous Catholic School Nun!

I am satisfied with each of the attacks. I have a radical suggestion for a different change to the Stalker's Street Justice primary: Replace Placate (available at level 12) with an actual Taunt (not Confront) that can grab aggro from up to 3 enemies. This goes against a fundamental (but boring) idea that "Stalkers should Hide", but the nature of the attacks is such that the StJ Stalker wants enemies to come up to them.

• 2 months later

I just wished the AoEs were bigger. They are the smallest of any set. That fact really stands out on a Tank.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 7 months later