Nic's Guide to IO's With IMPACT!

Nic Mercy

• 2 weeks later
4 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Does the Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb work below level 17 when exemplaring, or does it cut off at 17 like normal set bonuses?

Anyone know?

It stops working if you exemplar more than 3 levels below the enhancement, like a set bonus.

Edited by Vanden

• 8 months later

Is it possible that, when people are seeing different numbers for some of these (i.e. healing IOs) that there is some difference for different archetypes? If the guy who sees 30% benefit is a Defender and the guy who sees 25% is a Blaster, could that explain the difference?

Just spitballin'!

PS: Sorry to commit necromancy, I actually gave up all that magic stuff for Science...

Edited by DoctorDitko
PS

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 4 weeks later
On 5/20/2020 at 9:02 PM, DoctorDitko said:

Is it possible that, when people are seeing different numbers for some of these (i.e. healing IOs) that there is some difference for different archetypes? If the guy who sees 30% benefit is a Defender and the guy who sees 25% is a Blaster, could that explain the difference?

Just spitballin'!

PS: Sorry to commit necromancy, I actually gave up all that magic stuff for Science...

To the best of my knowledge those amounts are fixed and not dependent on AT.   Personally my first suspicion would be looking at the wrong line in combat attributes display.

• 4 months later

Thank you for this post.  It is very helpful. I am still trying to get my head around which enhancements with set bonuses work best in what kind of powers: all ways on vs toggle vs on use. If anyone has a link to or can offer any wisdom on this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for this wonderful post.

• Like 1

• 3 years later

I actually have a couple of noob questions (even though I'm not a noob, actually a veteran/returning OG player).  I'm afraid I've been gone from the game so long I've forgotten a lot.

I have a level 43 controller that I'm starting to slot with IO"s.  So here are my questions.

1 - Are IO"s better than merit reward enhancements?  I have a couple of those, wondering if I need to switch them out.

2- Can you only use 1 IO per power?  I tried to double up on a couple of powers but couldn't.  

3 - What is the difference between the different sets?

4- How do you know which sets to use?

That's about it, for now.  I'm sure I will end up with more questions later.

19 hours ago, ladiestorm said:

I actually have a couple of noob questions (even though I'm not a noob, actually a veteran/returning OG player).  I'm afraid I've been gone from the game so long I've forgotten a lot.

I have a level 43 controller that I'm starting to slot with IO"s.  So here are my questions.

1 - Are IO"s better than merit reward enhancements?  I have a couple of those, wondering if I need to switch them out

Not sure what you mean by "merit reward enhancements." Merit rewards are things you get for completing quests and task forces, then you can trade them at a merit vendor for other stuff. Did you buy some enhancements with them?

There's two types of IO's: standard type (Accuracy, Damage, ToHit, etc) and sets where there's 3 - 6 IOs in a set and you get bonuses for slotting multiples of a set into a single power.

Here, read both of these pages:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Enhancements

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Enhancement_Sets 

2- Can you only use 1 IO per power?  I tried to double up on a couple of powers but couldn't.  

Some IOs are unique and you can only slot 1 of them per character. Like the Shield Wall +5% Resist, you can only one one per character.

For Set IO's, you can use one per set per power, but you can slot as many as you want on your character (as long as the IO isn't unique).

For instance, lots of people use Luck of the Gambler +Recharge/Defense because it gives +7.5% recharge to every single power you have and you can one in each of 5 different powers for a total of 37.5% more global recharge.

But if you have a bunch of melee AoE attacks, you can slot a Cleaving Blow Acc/Dam in each attack, but you can't slot multiple Cleaving Blow Acc/Dam in a single attack.  BUT in a single attack you could slot an Acc/Dam from Cleaving Blow, Scirocco's Dervish, Fury of the Gladiator, and Avalanche, if you wanted to.

3 - What is the difference between the different sets?

See https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Enhancement_Sets

4- How do you know which sets to use?

You decide what result you want to get and then pick sets to accomplish that goal.

Like if you have a toon with a heal and you want the heal to recharge as fast as possible, you can slot three or four different set Heal/Recharge IO's. 

Or if you want your Controller to have a lot of ranged defense, then you look up which sets give a +RangedDef set bonus.

Most people want a ton of global recharge, so they look up which sets give a +Recharge global bonus.

Or if you just want your powers to have maximum accuracy, damage, recharge, and to consume a minimal amount of endurance, you can "frankenslot" individual IO's to give you the best enhanced values on your powers.

For more fun, read about Attuned enhancements https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Attuned