Ice Armour and Posi/Synapse TFs

Cutter

I've run both of these TFs on live, but never as an Ice tank. Psi secondary if that's relevant.

For Posi especially, given that I won't have my energy defenses, am I basically advertising myself as a low damage scrapper because I'm going to be taking clockwork blasts to the face if I try and tank it? I know that's not the only enemy group but from what I remember, that's the one I'm  most concerned about.

Is Synapse less of a concern? Assuming of course I'm leveled to at least 18 (preferably 19) so I'll have the defenses then and maybe even slots. Or should I still be worried about being able to effectively tank all the zaps at this point?

Feel free to tell me I'm overthinking in any of these cases!

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Frankly at typical Posi levels no tankers are really tough; keep some purples handy for the large swarms and as long as your team's decent you should be fine.  Yeah, it's a somewhat nasty mix of damage but it's fairly low damage considering.

Synapse shouldn't be an issue, I've tanked it without problem on a below 20 Invuln who had zero energy resistance and only the defense that Invincibility provides.  Dull Pain solves the occasional ouchie with an occasional inspiration to patch up when its recharging.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Synapse is the main reason why your Performance Shifter, Numina's, and Miracle recovery enhancements should be as low as possible, and all slotted in Health.  It's also the reason why Resist Energies is the first of the Invuln passives I take.  The other two can wait. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Synapse is the main reason why your Performance Shifter, Numina's, and Miracle recovery enhancements should be as low as possible, and all slotted in Health.  It's also the reason why Resist Energies is the first of the Invuln passives I take.  The other two can wait.

Also consider getting a base with an empowerment station (super-collider or arcance crucible) set up. Adding drain resistance and a recovery buff makes both TFs a lot easier.

Defender Smash!