I am trapped in a hospital in night ward and cant get out

savair

Reminds me of when I finally let some people at the company I was working for talk me into playing WoW.

My only MMO experience (outside of text MMO) was City of Heroes.

Of course, I made a character of each archetype to start with because, you know, that's how I play. I want to see what they game has to offer.

After making all the characters, I saw a contact and looked around. I looked around at all the tightly packed mobs.

I was like, what is all this about, these groups should be attacking one another if they are that close together.

So I felt somewhat lame.

I have seen how purse snatchers can slow down new players from getting to a mission because they feel like they should defeat anyone committing street crimes. I can understand and respect that,

However, in WoW, it was fighting bugs and animals at the start - if I remember correctly - so I was like ...well ... time to explore.

I could easily dodge the groups of enemies.

So I travelled, I'm pretty sure, less that the distance between Ms Liberty and the Freedom Corps building.

There was a waterfall that went down into a forest. Looked much cooler that the closely packed mobs in the flat area at the start so I travelled down. 

I don't remember for sure how high the enemies were, but they were at least level 20 and killed my character immediately.

That was really my first big reason that I stopped playing WoW really quickly.

Mobs packed so close together (which was silly to me) and the level increasing so quickly over a short range, but, looking back, that was understandable based on how closely packed the enemies were at at the start of a character's existence in the world.

However, for a level 5 to wander into Night Ward?

I guess...

Someone could give you access to a base and you decide to wander around and explore ... the way that I did ... just to check stuff out.

But, just in case, if you are a new player .... go where contacts send you or a teammate tells you to meet up for a missions. Make sure to use your tab to target around to make sure no enemies are too close to you when you move.

You can move through most zones at level 1 successfully if you keep an eye on where enemies are and dodge around them. 

Back before the Sunset, it was fun sometimes to run from Atlas to Portal Corps in Peregrine Island at level 1. That is taking the roads through zones (and war walls) instead of the tram through to the ferry to take you to Peregrine.

I even took part in a "Naked Noob" race where there was maybe 10 or so of us at level 1 that had as little clothing as we could have on and raced as a group through the streets along that same path.

So there is a time and a place for this.

I just hope that this player has already managed to get their character out of Night Ward.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

In Night Ward, the hospital is in the mansion. There is a TUNNEL portal outside the mansion which will take you to Atlas Park. Target it on your map and follow the yellow arrow out of the mansion to the portal.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

21 minutes ago, Uun said:

In Night Ward, the hospital is in the mansion. There is a TUNNEL portal outside the mansion which will take you to Atlas Park. Target it on your map and follow the yellow arrow out of the mansion to the portal.

Gold cannot go Blue at 5

9 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Gold cannot go Blue at 5

Is he gold? I didn't see that mentioned. Night Ward is a co-op zone and can be entered by any faction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 minutes ago, Uun said:

Is he gold? I didn't see that mentioned. Night Ward is a co-op zone and can be entered by any faction.

I'll be damned.  I assumed Gold.  Nice catch!

And actually with the tunnel being right there.....   I think you may have given the best possible answer for how this occured....

Edited by Snarky

9 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I'll be damned.  I assumed Gold.  Nice catch!

I assumed they were talking about the spooky psycho ward hospital, Bedlam... but I guess that doesn't make sense since it's an instance.   Did they mean they were stuck in the Midnighter mansion?  That's the zone "hospital" for respawning after a death.

We need a search party. I have a few cadaver dogs....but they don't find dead bodies.  They are dogs that are cadavers.  undead dogs are best.  no need to walk them.  nvm, probably not helpful here.

Bueller?  Bueller?

• Haha 1

Mostly non-useful at this point, since he seems to be in the sewers now:

Tunnel is probably the easiest, but the SG portal can be reached as well, and he could use one of the public SG bases.

If he was Gold, he can't go to Ouro, but Tunnels would be fine as it goes to Imperial City as well.

49 minutes ago, savair said:

I just deleted the character but I have more questions about the game 

Doh!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:39 PM, ZemX said:

I assumed they were talking about the spooky psycho ward hospital, Bedlam... but I guess that doesn't make sense since it's an instance.   Did they mean they were stuck in the Midnighter mansion?  That's the zone "hospital" for respawning after a death.

Fun fact: Bedlam was the nickname of the Royal Bethlem Hospital in Lambeth. It is now the site of the Imperial War Museum.

But you won't get to find it in game!

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.