Enhancements, Stores and Drops.

So, just to put things into context, I used to play CoX back in the day (mostly '05-'08). Well I logged into the Rogue Isles today after being gone for a bit and noticed that everything was dropping DO enhancements. Are there even training enhancements anymore? Do the Stores/Quartermasters still sell enhancements? Was hoping someone could provided me with a quick and brief update. Thanks so much.

TO's are gone, this change was made a while ago by the HC team (Issue 27). Stores/Quartermasters still sell Enh's but none sell TO's anymore. You can now update all of your enhancements at once from your powers Enhancement screen, if you have the funds.

Edit: A quick look at the wiki states that TO's can still be bought from some merchants, doesn't state which though.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

4 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

TO's are gone, this change was made a while ago by the HC team (Issue 27). Stores/Quartermasters still sell Enh's but non sell TO's anymore. You can now update all of your enhancements at once from your powers Enhancement screen, if you have the funds.

Edit: A quick look at the wiki states that TO's can still be bought from some merchants, doesn't state which though.

This is a great change. DOs + inherent stamina makes the early experience so much better. I'm glad the Homecoming folks did this.

9 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Stores/Quartermasters still sell Enh's but non sell TO's anymore.

Sloppily done, if that was the intention. Go to an SG base vendor like the Vanguard Quartermaster, and if your character is low enough level, he'll happily offer to sell TOs.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, BayouFrog74 said:

Was hoping someone could provided me with a quick and brief update. Thanks so much.

SOs start at level 5 now, so you should really not bother with anything else unless you are doing so for nostalgia or a challenge or something.  You can slot level 5 SOs at level 2, so basically right out of the tutorial (if you ran it).

If you need money, search up one of the guides around here on quick money tips.

Sorry to somewhat hijack the thread, but since it is dealing with enhancement changes: 

I've been wondering ever since the change: do people use craftable sets below level 35 anymore?  With rapid advancement, and the upgrade function added to the power slotting display, I've found no reason in even adding IOs until level 38 when the level 40s can be slotted and start yielding a higher percentage than SOs.  I've personally found no notable reason to deal with set crafting until at least then, but since I still get the recipes in drops, I'd like to know whether its worth sticking in the AH for someone else's benefit, or just selling at a vendor for better INF.

28 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I've been wondering ever since the change: do people use craftable sets below level 35 anymore? 

We don't all play at 50+, though other than a few pieces (KB protection, Panacea) I don't aim for the lowest level stuff. While I'll set stuff, I'll often get it attuned. I don't *worry* about sets, but I'll fit useful things in as they come along.

And attuned itself is a good enough reason to craft and put things in the AH, as they're a part of the same "pool" as the non attuned, after all.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.