Help tweaking my Rad/Kat tank

MrWallace

Happy Sunday Heroes, 

Over the last few months I have been tweaking my older toons  to try and push their builds a little and rework them following recent updates. 

My latest is my Rad/Kat tank Lord Midnight. He is more of a traditional  team tank (so has taunt) that I use for expeming down and helping sub 50 teams. I will on occations jump on a ITF etc and try my hand at the harder content, which is always a giggle too.

I have however never been fully happy with him and always feel that give how highly everyone rates Radiation that maybe my build is missing something. 

With that said I would welcome any ideas or thought on how I can get a little more out of this build. Currently his damage is passable and his Res is high with decent melee def, but any tweaks or ideas would be greatly apricated.

Cheers 

Mr Wallace

bBI6mdaaJdA.png
View This Build In MRB

Hi there! It looks like the version of Mids you're using has a borked Export feature. It seems like you're up to date enough that using the in-app Updater tool should get you where you need to be.

Or, you can always link the file for your build directly! Not many do this, but the option has always been there.

As for a Rad/Katana toon, I did take a look at one so I could at the very least offer a take to hopefully give you a few ideas. I'm horrible at making exemplar-friendly builds, but I tried my best!

radkat.thumb.png.43e00ac07ba51b8f785ea20da9649d6a.png

fceLrRRBnxc.png
View This Build In MRB

Edited by Spaghetti Betty

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Lord Midnight 2 - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Katana).mbdLord Midnight 2 - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Katana).mbd Updated 

Lords Midnight remade - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Katana).mbd Version 1 (hope this works)

hanks @Spaghetti Betty 🙂 . I keep having issues with the updated Mids (I thought it was sorted) but trying to update it again to no avail. Looks like another full reinstall, as I cannot seem to open builds from the forum either. That being said I went back and recreated your recommended build (by hand) and it looks very tasty. Similar res and def numbers with a heck of a lot more damage!  I will give it a go this evening and report back. Thanks again for the help.

Cheers 

Mr W

Edited by MrWallace
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrWallace said:

@Spaghetti Betty I have to say the build is working out pretty well. Ran some +2 Posi and Yin runs and the mix of survivability , damage and crowd control even at sub 20 is sweet!  

Thanks for the help, you have given one of my OG toons a new lease of life!

Cheers

Mr W

SB is good.  REALLY good, and a *whole* lotta fun to team with on Tanker Tuesdays!!!  😁

• Thanks 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

5 hours ago, MrWallace said:

@Spaghetti Betty I have to say the build is working out pretty well. Ran some +2 Posi and Yin runs and the mix of survivability , damage and crowd control even at sub 20 is sweet!  

Thanks for the help, you have given one of my OG toons a new lease of life!

Cheers

Mr W

Sure thing, no problem!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!