Prisoners Of Eden (Woodsman)

I just did the Woodsman Trial.  It is a difficult trial and is only worth 7 merits!  This and other Trials in the game need to be reviewed and reassessed as to the Merits and Rewards that are give for the Woodsman Trial as well as many others if you wish for players to do them and be more interested and participate in them.  We can do an Adamaster when he pops up and get 10 merits, which is a lot easier than these trials and get more merits.  Please review these trials and give them a consideration in your upcoming updates to reassess and revamp them as they are not completable to other tasks, task forces, and game content in regard to rewards and merits for content that is much easier to achieve. I and others hope for changes in the reward for the Trials and your review in future upcoming updates.  Thank you.

The Woodsman Trial, if run as "intended" is tremendous fun.  However, it's design was gamed very early on and speed runs were taking ?10-15minutes? and that is why the merit rewards are so low.  The devs could try to reprogram it to eliminate the speed runs (which speedsters would hate) but I doubt that will happen.

For now I consider it a "fun" Trial but it's really difficult (at least for me) to try to put together a full team to just run it without speed.

Who run Bartertown?

3 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

The Woodsman Trial, if run as "intended" is tremendous fun.  However, it's design was gamed very early on and speed runs were taking ?10-15minutes? and that is why the merit rewards are so low.  The devs could try to reprogram it to eliminate the speed runs (which speedsters would hate) but I doubt that will happen.

For now I consider it a "fun" Trial but it's really difficult (at least for me) to try to put together a full team to just run it without speed.

I understand what you are saying and you are right it can be fun and most do speed it...but not in 10 minutes.  When you can kill Adamaster in less than 2 minutes and get 10 merits versus doing Woodman that even speedy takes 15 to 30 minutes and you get 7 merits and need a team to accomplish it...well something is out of whack and out of balance.  It does not only apply to the Woodsman Trial, but several of the other Trials as well that are out of balance when compared to other content.

36 minutes ago, Andramada said:

I understand what you are saying and you are right it can be fun and most do speed it...but not in 10 minutes.  When you can kill Adamaster in less than 2 minutes and get 10 merits versus doing Woodman that even speedy takes 15 to 30 minutes and you get 7 merits and need a team to accomplish it...well something is out of whack and out of balance.  It does not only apply to the Woodsman Trial, but several of the other Trials as well that are out of balance when compared to other content.

@Yomo Kimyata said 10-15 minutes with a question mark. You said 15 to 30 minutes. So even you agree it takes roughly 15 minutes.

I've been on Woodsman trials that took so little time, we ran it several times without anyone complaining because we kept losing someone to a death until we finally avoided losing anyone. So I would agree with the 10-15 minutes of @Yomo Kimyata, with the greatest likelihood being 15 minutes. So you can run a Woodsman roughly 4 times an hour for 28 merits. Adamastor can be summoned once per hour for 10 merits. 28 merits every hour as opposed to 10 merits every hour? What needs to be balanced here?

Edit: Also, was there a reason you used an increased font size with bold on to make the OP?

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Andramada Don’t compare Adamastor to anything else in game. It’s a unique thing. 

Regarding the Woodsman Trial, rarely does it last more than 10 minutes. It’s one of my favorite Trials in game for legacy reasons as well as time investment. I’d say about one in 20 runs ends with a team wipe. Sometimes the team build doesn’t even allow for completion. If you aren’t able to complete the Trial quickly try another toon or even another team.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

7 hours ago, biostem said:

At the very least, it would be nice if selecting the enhancement reward would match your level.

That, or if it was removed from the WST rotation.  I get that the WST is there to incentivize people to run specific trials and tasks (especially those that are underplayed), but it's always felt like a trap: running this WST gets you an impressively bad 14 merits, especially since it then locks you out of the double reward for the other available WSTs that week.

• Thumbs Up 1

This can be blazed through pretty quickly, you don't even need to stop for Ambrosia if you bring the right powersets.  I feel like the merits are right, considering.  Pick the enhancement roll, it can be pretty valuable if you sell it or use to combine with other HOs and Dysncs.  If you run as WST, you get the enhancement and the bonus merits.

• Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

new special bees with high agro range, super fast and a much stronger -speed/rech and maybe disable fly/jump/teleport?  i know caltrops disable jumping, web nades disable flight, and being in jail stops personal teleporting.  three new mechanics into new bees

or maybe adds that heal the walls?

added movement speed or better pathing in the final room so the adds are a threat?

compensate for increased droprate on insps or move that to the server ability bar thing and it now drops from the Monster class early on

Edited by kelika2