Fire Fire Blaster; callback

Snarky

Going back and checking out old ATs and sets I have 50d and parked

So of course I have tried Fire Blasting.  So much floor time.  About two years ago was my latest attempt.  I quick leveled and incarnated one and ran a few I trials. Parked it.  

Now I have picked it up and am running it through every TF SF and Trial in level order.   Maybe I have finally gotten a bit better.  One of the things I am doing differently is I only kill what is easy.  Which honestly is most things. A good built Fire Blaster can level hard spawns in seconds.  But I only play the moves that win.  Cowardly little Fire Blaster

The other observation is Fire has mitigation.  I just always believed it did not.  It mezzes mobs.  Just… in a really screwy way.  With Rain of Fire, Hot Feet, and Bonfire from Flame Mastery mobs will not be “feared” they will freaked the F out.  They want to get out of the room, the game, and the lifestyle.  I have had AVs jump off cliffs to get away from me.  Scary little Fire Blaster

This is a very interesting run. My goal is to develop my tactics out. This usually cycles into finishing out the level 50 TF/SF/Trials with an emphasis on +4 kill most ITF performance.  I do the I trials for badges but after that only when bored. I honestly doubt this thing could handle a 2 star and 99% sure a 4 star would be torture.  I just build for damage, am not ranged, and let the oddness of Alpha Strike mechanics work in my favor. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have a fire/fire/fire, fire/time/Scorpion, and fire/MA/fire blaster.

All seem to be of the type of blowing the heck out of everything with bosses needing a little extra warming.   Though they all have wound up with decent def numbers so that on the two with Phoenix, it's always available.   And frankly, I'm tempted to do another version of the FFF with six slotting Phoenix for being a bit more insane in combat. "We're never more dangerous than when we're dead!"

• Thumbs Up 1

I too have a fire/fire/fire blaster.  It's simple: if fire doesn't kill it, apply more fire, if they're still coming apply more fire...faster.  The trick is in remembering which button is for fire and which is for the fire extinguisher when working with certain Steel Canyon events.

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

The other observation is Fire has mitigation.  I just always believed it did not.  It mezzes mobs.  Just… in a really screwy way.  With Rain of Fire, Hot Feet, and Bonfire from Flame Mastery mobs will not be “feared” they will freaked the F out.  They want to get out of the room, the game, and the lifestyle.  I have had AVs jump off cliffs to get away from me.

I heard one as he ran away.  Said something about him hearing ship building being a noble career choice or some such.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, lemming said:

Paragon has never had Stop, Drop, and Roll taught.  Use it to your advantage.

After running a rad blaster for a while, I'm pretty sure I can say they've never had Burt the Turtle with Duck and Cover either.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2