Goldrunners

12 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

Head cannon would see them as my character reminiscing about old times just before jumping to Primal Earth. That way I can do them after finishing Night Ward and level up to 50.

Well my journey through them is listed and linked here if you want to have a look.  Although there will be spoilers! Starts from Bridge of Forever and goes to The Eve of War (so far).

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have some time today so I'm hoping we can get this started today. If you're interested, let me know here, or in game my global is @Riff if I'm not on  Climate of Fear in the starting zone! Everyone welcome whether or not you're intending to be a part of this project

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

This seems to have fallen by the wayside. Is there any interest in this?

It would be good to get something going even if a microteam

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• 4 weeks later

I'm still game for it, the challenge is that real life keeps making a consistent schedule for entertainment a challenge.  Perhaps others have the same issue.  If so, might we work something out like is done for Mastermind Mondays and Tanker Tuesdays? All-call instead of supergroup? That might help, even if it won't be alliterative.

I did notice a slightly higher population gold-side this afternoon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I did try doing a few shouts last time I tried. I'm deffo up for it but not hopeful.

When do you fancy giving it a go?

1 hour ago, ranagrande said:

Want to try to do something with this next weekend?

Depending on the time/day, I might be up for it.  I've got a couple of responsibilities to relatives that weekend, but nothing requiring my presence all the time.

I'm BST time zone - EST +5 so if I said my evening from 8pm to about 2am - that'd be 3pm start for you guys? I have a character already rolled and waiting in the training area

54 minutes ago, ranagrande said:

This time I'm the only one on.  I think this thing might just be doomed.

I have done these types of things a few times in CoH.  Red Gold Blue.  I have never organized.

Observations. 

1) get a group to commit.  This might be 4 or 8 or 16 the first week.

2) Have a set day and time each week.  Do not change this.  no matter what.  not kidding.

3) There will be a huge drop off in enthusiasm in a week or 3.  You will be left with the "core group"  Hopefully 4+

4) Be willing to accept randos into the team.  But do not compromise the teams goals and commitments for the rando.  That person will 99% never show up again.

well we managed to get a good few hours teaming in - just ranagrande and I but we went from 1-9 and we're doing the Crusader arc, and have reached Imperial City.

We're reconvening next weekend (Saturday 8th) at 6pm UK which is 1pm EST - and anyone who wants to join is welcome. We're a tank/troller due so far so mostly bring anything you want and you can either roll a toon and run to that point or bring something you already have.

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

well we managed to get a good few hours teaming in - just ranagrande and I but we went from 1-9 and we're doing the Crusader arc, and have reached Imperial City.

We're reconvening next weekend (Saturday 8th) at 6pm UK which is 1pm EST - and anyone who wants to join is welcome. We're a tank/troller due so far so mostly bring anything you want and you can either roll a toon and run to that point or bring something you already have.

your best bet for recruiting is to start a NEW thread.  With the clear title Gold Team Saturdays 1 PM EST then details in the post.  Then stick with that.  I sporadically follow the boards and had no idea you guys had started or when.  If you want customers you gotta be loud clear and consistent.  Then deliver the product. (Always be there)  A form up location and chat channel in game would be a good start.