Honorary Bro not awarding?

Axis

Trying to get the Honorary Bro badge.

Supposed to be awarded for rescuing Dean MacArthur in the third mission of the second story arc from Mr. G.

I know you need to have done Dean's arc, which I have through Ouro.

Dean is nowhere to be found during the Carnival mission.  I get the objectives to arm the bombs, defeat the leaders, and defeat the Shadow Simulacrum.

Is this badge bugged, or did I miss something?

@War Mage

Badge Tracking - https://cityofbadgers.com

From another discussion:

Yeah this one is unfortunately a bit tricky. You do need to speak with him in person*, and you should have gotten some kind of prompt text at "Steal a Vanguard Helicopter" mission in the previous arc (Criminals of War) to that effect. If you didn't, you'll just have to Ouro the arcs again to get the badge. Dean is captured because of actions he took based on the conversation between missions. (And you'll notice the change when you go again.)

(*I think if you had done the arc leveling up and were not flashbacking Mr. G's arc you could call Dean but I've not been able to test this.)

Ah, found it!  I talked to Dean in person immediately after the "Steal a Vanguard Helicopter" and he talked to me.  The cut scene at the end of the arc was entirely different.  Went back to my regular mission after I completed the first arc in Ouro and now he was one of the mission parameters on that third mission.

Thanks!

• 1 year later

Hi, did the three arcs for Mr G by flashback last night and got all the badges so everything is working okay if you do what is needed at the right times.

The wiki for the badge is the one to follow which states:

Do the Macarther arc in its entirity first or you will not get the Mr G stuff for him.

Mr G first arc is (Criminals of War) (Oro flashback in the level 50 section)

You then have to pay attention during the second mission of the first arc of Mr G and see if you get NCP chat from Dean during the mission.

If you do see that then when you exit the mission (Steal a helicopter) AND BEFORE you start the next mission you need to travel to Sharks and talk with Dean who will greet you and pledge to support you later.

YOU GET NO INGAME MESSAGES TO DO THIS WHICH IS WHY IT GETS MISSED!

Then carry on and at the end of the first arc you will get Dean in the cutscene.

If you do not do/see this you will not get Dean to rescue in second arc.

If all is well then run the Second arc for Mr G (Sweeps Week...) and in the third mission of that section (in the instanced Carnie map with all the tents) you will find Dean as a hostage to be rescued. Do not do the bombs in this mission til you find him as they will complete the mission.

It is real easy to dial back the diff and run these Arcs solo that the whole thing can be done in an hour, all three Mr G arcs with all the badges, so if you do miss something it really is no biggie to restart and rerun. Good luck and enjoy

This is a bit off topic, but given that players chasing the above badge for this far, will then very probably continue on for the next Mr G badge as well, that one being the Pyromaniac badge from the fourth mission of his third arc.

That badge needs the player to arm five bombs before Penny Yin dies whilst fighting Penny Mayhem.

The bombs are at random locations and the fight is quite short!

Before I started the mission I set my Noteriaty to solo AV’s not EB’s hopefully to extent the fight time.

There seems to be about nine or ten spots where the five bombs can choose at randon to spawn.

Stealth and fly/SSpeed are so recommended and if you see nearby foes killing them fast is quicker than starting to arm and getting attacked and then having to restart.

I never saw a bomb in the underground carpark area but rng.......!

It took me a few runs to get all five, so the plan was to keep a close eye on Penny health and if I knew I was losing the race to quit to character selection screen then back in again and restart the now reset mission. Saved redoing the first three missions of the arc.

On my successful run I could actually see all five barrel bombs when I exited the carpark and were all done with Penny at 75% health.

Good hunting

Edited by Jacktar
Additional next badge info