Politics in General Chat

19 minutes ago, Herotu said:

In a game about HEROES, you expect no politics.

IRL politics != in-game politics.  Decry whatever IRL politicians/parties, other groups to your heart's content, but do it somewhere else...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

This thread is still open?

I'm surprised that a GM hasn't comment yet.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

11 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

99% of your posts that I have read, I have enjoyed reading.

Well shit, I've made over 750 posts... which were the other few you didn't like? 🤔

• Haha 2

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!

25 minutes ago, Herotu said:

In a game about HEROES, you expect no politics. Good luck. Certain RL politicians are drifting dangerously close to opinions explicitly condemned as "villains" in the City of Heroes.

Seriously?

Is this a joke or are you just looking for an argument?

33 minutes ago, Herotu said:

In a gameworld where politics is SO entwined with it's story, you are certainly playing the wrong game if you desire neutrality.

I expect people to conduct themselves as mature adults, unless they happen to not be an adult, and I will play any game I want with the same expectation. Thank you very much.

Discussion of IRL politics in game is against the CoC.

That should be an end of it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

37 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Well shit, I've made over 750 posts... which were the other few you didn't like?

lol.

No need to curse.

I haven't read all your posts. I don't read the whole forums nor do I "follow" you.

If I read them and I had an issue, I'm sure I would have posted something or picked thumbs-down.

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

People trying to get yucks out of it through humor, comedy, sarcasm or misdirection seems inappropriate to me, but that is my viewpoint.

Ha-Ha.webp

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• City Council
2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I'm surprised that a GM hasn't comment yet.

Sorry, busy day.

Whichever one of you said that the appropriate response is to report them is correct. To the best of our ability, we do try to shut down political conversations in general chat, and LFG, and Help, and so on if need be. With that being said, it should not surprise anyone that I am locking this thread.

Ceterum censeo, Snarky esse eligendum.

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!