Defeats in need of badges

Is there a group / Are there groups that you feel should require a badge under "Defeats" for X number dropped, but currently there is none?

Which ones, and how many units defeated do you consider a balanced exchange for a badge?  Be sure to note what rank they might hold in their organization.  Consider all three sides: blue, red, gold.

• Like 1

• The Knives of Artemis are one of the deadliest groups of mercenary combatants in the world. It is rumored that they number no more than 100, but no one is certain. Masters of stealth and reconnaissance, they are highly skilled with all weapons, but the crossbow is their signature.

To that end, I maintain we absolutely need one for defeating 100, with a description along the lines of "Though the true number of Knives of Artemis in the world is unknown, you're pretty sure you've taken every member down at least once."

And a second for defeating 100 in a single mission, maybe something like "Definitely more than 100. You checked."

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

There should definitely be an enemy group called Badgers and they should award...

nothing. No matter how many you defeat. But there should be a tally of them all the same.

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:52 AM, Techwright said:

Is there a group / Are there groups that you feel should require a badge under "Defeats" for X number dropped, but currently there is none?

Which ones, and how many units defeated do you consider a balanced exchange for a badge?  Be sure to note what rank they might hold in their organization.  Consider all three sides: blue, red, gold.

Hamidon x 100

Drop Ship x 50

U'kon Gr'ai x 100

RWZ Pylons x 1000

Additionally,  I would like to see a kill badge for the actually killing blow on certain mobs such as but limited to Uk'on Gr'ai, Hamidon, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

2 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Hamidon x 100

Drop Ship x 50

U'kon Gr'ai x 100

RWZ Pylons x 1000

Additionally,  I would like to see a kill badge for the actually killing blow on certain mobs such as but limited to Uk'on Gr'ai, Hamidon, etc.

Interesting badge opportunities.  I would politely disagree to the point of a kill badge for the killing blow.  With so many firing at the target, this amounts to a random shot taking the last point.  If it was somehow done solo (and yes, I've no idea how that could be achieved) then I would certainly withdraw any counter viewpoint.  I'd also see merit in badging for running the gauntlet of the minimal number of players in an MSR.  What would that be? 6? One for each team lead in the league, due to the bomb assignment requirements?  They'd have to be a pretty fearsome 6 (Significent Six?), but I know some in the game have such characters.

Having been very recently re-introduced to them: the Dregs in First Ward.

Just about every Praetorian faction has a badge but this group. Now, to be fair you fight them in all of one mission... but still!

Edit: Since you can choose to do endless repeatables via the appropriate contacts in the Survivors Compound, this shouldn't be as bad to farm up! (Tested with Vickers)

Maybe something like Just Walk Away or Toecutter to seal in the post-apoc homage flavor.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
  • Thumbs Up 3

39 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Just about every Praetorian faction has a badge but this group. Now, to be fair you fight them in all of one mission... but still!

Maybe something like Just Walk Away or Toecutter to seal in the post-apoc homage flavor.

I suppose the fact that they're only in one mission is the reason for a lack of badge.  That said, we've got the Isolator Badge despite the Infected only being in Outbreak, and the Oro mission that references Outbreak.  I think that justifies your point.

The new mobs introduced in the Houston arc. The PNCR or whatever. I know they’re actually [REDACTED] but there is a LOT of them to kill…

Cysts in the ITF/ incarnate arcs. Call it “egg cracker” or something. We’ve got Minotaur and cyclops now, go whole hog.

Id like one for doing the council leaders, like we do for the Vahz. Call it something like “Meeting Adjourned”.

The Wailers!!!!!! The gladiator badge is for the exploration I think… “Wailed on the Wailers”.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

10 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

For as annoying they are: I always felt the Praetorian Shadows deserved a badge.

And because I can't help myself: Defeat 10,000 level-less Clockwork in Kings Row to earn The Great Reset.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tidge said:

For as annoying they are: I always felt the Praetorian Shadows deserved a badge.

Do you mean the Apparitions? They do have a badge called Disappearing Act.

I'm not sure what other shadows you might be referring to.

Not sure if Forlorn contribute to the Cannibal badge for Ghouls, but if they don't (I think they should) they'd probably deserve one too. 

Edited by twozerofoxtrot

Almost all defeat badges are just participation awards for repetitive clicking.  Like those annoying fucking mobile games that give you crap for tapping the screen several thousand times.  That's all they are.  They don't teach the player anything, such as how to best defeat those enemies.  They don't reward the player for doing something clever.  They don't even reflect doing anything "right".  They're gold stars for pressing a key 100-1000 times.

It gives me the distinct impression of something conceived by a Big Business think tank as another means of keeping the populace ignorant and compliant.  Being "rewarded" for such a meaningless, tedious and pointless thing, without even pushing us to do more than press that single key over and over and over again, teaches us not to think, not to question, not to strive, not to experiment.

And that thought fills me with an actinic fury that makes the sun seem wan.  We're more than cogs in a machine.  We deserve more than to be pacified with pats on the head for not questioning, not thinking, not exploring our limits, not excelling.  If more defeat badges were added, they should be something more than that.  Like... a badge for defeating 100 Fake Nemesis without allowing them to activate PFF.  Or 100 Sky Raider Engineers before they summon FFGs.

But another round of "press 1 this many times, profit"?  If I wanted that, I'd be playing uninspired, repetitive mobile games.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Do you mean the Apparitions? They do have a badge called Disappearing Act.

I'm not sure what other shadows you might be referring to.

Not sure if Forlorn contribute to the Cannibal badge for Ghouls, but if they don't (I think they should) they'd probably deserve one too. 

I mean the ones that hang out with Black Swan.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Almost all defeat badges are just participation awards for repetitive clicking.  Like those annoying fucking mobile games that give you crap for tapping the screen several thousand times.  That's all they are. 

My suggestion for the level-less Clockwork badge in Kings Row was suggested to motivate players to clean up the spawns to allow the event to reset.

• Thumbs Up 1